NHL Playoffs Poll 2024

von Rantala

Hey, in past we had playoffs pools going in here clan. Then many of us got busy, but i think we can let and try it again. Its fun and give more excitement for the playoffs. I will copy and past Meow old post here, where he explain how everything works.

There is still about two week left regular season. So i will post this bit early. You have time till playoffs start. You can wait till regular season end, before sending your predictions. We can also discuss here on coming playoffs. I will try to remember bump this topic once season is ended and i can calculate points. I can do it in google Sheets and if anyone have google account and is willing to help me, let me know in pm. Thank you!

Here is rules and infos. Thank you @meow

Past years winners

2018 @L3ftY.

2017: @Letdown

2016: @L3ftY.

2015: @hobbit

Here's how it works:

We give a rank to each teams from 1 to 16

16 = the team you think has the best chance to win the Stanley Cup

15 = the team you think has the 2nd best chance to win the Stanley Cup

1 = the team you think has no chance to win the first round

After each round, you are awarded points using the rank you gave to the winning teams

1st round = rank x 1pts

2nd round = rank x 2pts

3rd round = rank x 4pts

final round = rank x 8pts

Example:

I give Chicago a rank of 14 and they lose in the 3rd round.

1st round = 14 x 1 = 14 pts

2nd round = 14 x 2 = 28 pts

3rd round = 0 pts

final round = 0 pts

So Chicago gave me 42pts.

We do this with every team and add up all the points.

You can post your picks here or send them to me by PM if you don't want everyone to copy you before playoffs starts.

I will post everyone's picks together when the playoffs begins.

You have until *INSERT STARTING DATE OF PLAYOFFS* (until the first game starts) to send me your picks or make changes to them.

Let's try to get every hockey fan in this pool. The more the merrier!

Good luck to everyone!!

Edited by von Rantala
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Playoffs will start today. So here comes mine

16. Carolina

15. Dallas

14. Colorado

13. Florida

12. New York Rangers

11. Edmonton

10. Nashville

9. Boston

8. Vegas

7. Los Angeles

6. Vancouver

5. Winnipeg

4. Tampa Bay

3. Toronto

2. New York Islanders

1. Washington

I do think current format what NHL use is bad. How many Toronto vs Boston series we have seen in first round? Or how many Edmonton vs LAK we have seen? I dont think its fair system, because some divisions are a lot stronger. Example in my mind Toronto had to beat a lot stronger teams than Edmonton. I did like 1vs8 (old) system more. But i think NHL should use Europe system. Where winning of regular season truly have impact. Now i dont think Dallas is happy to face Vegas in first round? In EU system winner would meet team who is at 16 position (last playoff position).

So now we would have

Rangers vs St. Louis Blues (Washington season would end in regular season)

Dallas vs New York Islanders

Carolina vs Vegas

Winnipeg vs Tampa

and so on...

I think those would be good series too.

Now NHL think that making bigger rivalries is right way. Yes that mean we see best hockey in first round. How many times we have seen series to go game seven in first round? Comparated to Stanley Cup finals or Conference finals, where we see 4-0 or 4-1 series. If you watch history and biggest rivalries, those did born when teams was playing in later rounds, those Toronto vs Boston series did happen in Stanley cup or Conference finals in past and those did born those rivalries, not playing in first round. Its not fair to fans or to players that you dropp out in first round, when you should dropp out in Conference finals or Stanley Cup finals. I think two best teams should see in Stanley Cup finals, but now its possible that best teams see in first or second round and winner of that serie often has win Cup in past years. I understand this system you can have "bigger underdog" to go Stanley Cup finals, but no matter what system, there always come those miracle stories and runs to Cup. To win Cup you have to win every team, and its no matter who you face, but to face biggest challange in Stanley Cup finals rather than first round is better for everyone. Thats how i believe. Example Toronto, i think in other system, they wouldn't dropp out in first round in so many years, probably in second or third round and some years in finals, and for fans, organisation and players, its better to have long runs and not dropp out in first round. And no i am not Toronto fan, i just use them example, because they division been very hard last 5-6 years. Imagine Stanley Cup finals between Rangers and Islanders or Calgary vs Edmonton, or Toronto vs Montreal or Pittsburgh vs Flyers. Now those cant happen. I understand that there might be travel issues, but those can be always solved.

• von Rantala changed the title to NHL Playoffs Poll 2024

These are @D..X Playoff predictions.

16. Dallas

15. Carolina
14. Edmonton
13. Rangers
12. Florida
11. Vegas
10. Vancouver
9. Colorado
8. Tampa
7. Boston
6.  Winnipeg
5. Toronto
4. Nashville
3.  LA
2. Washington
1. NYI

• Thanks 1

Red Wings came so close to making it. Should be a good postseason though. Hope I did this right 🫣 If not let me know and I’ll adjust accordingly. Here are my predictions:

16. Edmonton 

15. Dallas

14. Colorado

13. Vancouver

12. Carolina

11. Tampa

10. Florida

9. Winnipeg

8. Rangers

7. Vegas

6. LA

5. Nashville

4. New York Islanders

3. Boston 

2. Toronto

1. Washington

• Thanks 1

B TEAM !!! 

16. Dallas

15. Edmonton

14.Carolina

13. Florida

12. DC Caps

11. Nashville

10. Colorado

9. NY Rangers

8. Winnepeg 

7. Los Angeles

6. Vancouver

5. NY Islanders

4. Tampa Bay Losers

3. Toronto

2. Vegas Knights

1. BOSTON!!!!!!!!

16. BOSTON!!!!!!!

15. Vegas Knights

14. Toronto

13.  Tampa Bay Losers

12. NY Islanders

11. Vancouver

10. Los Angeles

9. Winnepeg 

8. NY Rangers

7. Colorado

6. Nashville

5. DC Caps

4. Florida

3. Carolina

2. Edmonton

1. Dallas

Edited by mraw435
I failed to read the directions and flipped the order I wanted xD
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Its been great playoffs. I been watching all Carolina, Dallas, Nashville and Colorado games and 10 min recapts from rest of the series. Vegas looking strong, but i do believe Oettinger. He is first and only second goalie after Niittymäki who is my idol. I did love to follow Bäckström and Koskinen careers too and enjoyng to watch Fleury in Wild now. Today is Hockey day, i watched Nashville and Colorado games and now waiting to watch Carolina live game :)

• Like 1

• ET Member

Let's go LEAFS.

Even though it probably won't happen..

In that case, RANGERS !

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Will try to update points in this week. Sorry for minor deley.

I been glad to follow playoffs again. Last year was first year when i only watched 10 min Recapts and i continued doing that in regular season, but had to take playoff pass and havent regred that. I been following my favorite players and idols. Oettinger (DAL) and Aho (CAR) are my main teams, but also watched all Zucker (NSH) and  Rantanen (COL) games too. Has watched all the other series 10 min recapts.

Also did watch Toronto vs Boston game seven. I have to say Toronto was bit better in game seven, but they also made costly mistake. Marner got all the blame, but Reilly didnt defence either and it was just good play and you cant blame one or two player for serie loss. I think all other NHL fans say same, you cant use 50% salary to 4 players. You cant blame players or agents for asking maximum moneys, its GM's job to think what is best for team.

NSH vs VAN was boring serie to watch, not a lot goals, not a lot offence or physicality and that end in game 4 was epic fail from NSH. I did follow Minnesota before and i had gray hair when Brunette was running our PP and he never did any changes to lineups or tactics. He is great motivator, but his tactical knowledges is poor and he basicly didnt do any lineup changes in serie. Only changes in lineups happened because couple injuries. I think this is end of Saros era in NSH, he havent been able to win any playoff serie yet and he need new team and start. Silovs is good goalie and have star lvl potential. He have done very good and solid job in AHL and EU and World Championship lvls.

COL-WPG It was probably most entertaining serie what i watched. A lot goals and WPG wasnt able to change they tactic. It was Bowness last game as Coach when he decided to retire. Bowness was good motivator, but wasnt able to change tactics when it was needed. You cant blame Hellebuyck on giving so much goals, but its bit ironic that he will probably win Vezina as best goalie of the year, when being worse goalie of the playoffs. I understand that in playoffs you only give one indivual and Stanley Cup is main trophy, because in playoffs you play as team, when in regular season you have to please stars more, but how different would be NHL if all the trophies would be given on players who are best in both regular season and playoffs.

DAL - VEG This serie got my hearth beating and it was great serie. I become huge Oettinger fan. Followed him since rookie season and i like him a lot. He wasnt sharpest at start of serie, but when it was mattering most he was best goalie of serie and one of main reasons why they did win the serie. I think some love VEG and some hate them being over the cap hit, but they dont broke any rules atm. I have to admire how Nill has been drafting and still keeping team in Stanley Cup race almost every year. Johston has been great and made huge impression to me. I think he will be key role if DAL is able to dropp COL in next round. DAL defence looks a lot more thin without Hakanpää and they basicly played with 5 defender and had to overplay Heiskanen and he did look tired in game 6 and 7. Tanev was great and i did like his game a lot.

CAR - NYI Carolina was a lot stronger, and biggest difference was defence group. If Bortuzzo was 7 or 8 defender in St. Louis which dropp out in playoffs, its tell your d-group is thin. Carolina is well balanced team and in my mind biggest question mark on they Stanley Cup run is they goalies. Andersen did look very good in first 3 games, but was shaky in game 4 and 5. I think coaching group made mistake when they didnt give Kochetkov start in game 3 or 4. Roy and Lamiorello will be back in next year. NYI roster is old time roster and Roy is right coach to lead them. I think we might see them in playoffs next year too. Jarvis (Car) has made huge impression to me, i like him a lot already. He is funny outside of ring and doing everything in ice. I always admire those guys who working hard, are modest and give they hearth on game.

Round 2.

EDM-VAN I do hope Vancouver win, buts its likely too early them to win Edmonton, but they did play very solid d-game against NSH, if they do that and not try to go goal scoring competition they migh upsed Edmonton and go to third round. Skinner is underrated goalie. Ekholm is key what Edmonton need him to be and he make they d-group a lot stonger. Nurse contract cost them some overall wideness, but Van isnt wide either. Dose Demko play in serie is question mark? Healthy Demko can be player who turn serie, but i do believe Silvos will do just fine.

Key players from VAN: Silvos and Garland. Key players from EDM Ekholm and Skinner. Prediction EDM 4 - 2 VAN

DAL-COL This is very interesting serie for me and i have to say i will cheer Dallas more, because Oettinger is playing in there, but i dont mind Colorado going through either. Even that Oettinger is my idol, i do think Colorado have minor advange. Dallas basicly use 5 defender and in long play off run that not good and give benefit for more rested d-groups. Dallas truly miss Hakanpää. With Hakanpää i would put Dallas favorite. Key on how Dallas can win is in goal. Georgiev is big question mark. In my mind he is not top goalies of league. If Dallas can make this more as goal scoring race, they can win this serie, there is no questions MacKinnon, Rantanen and Makar are best players of the serie and top 10 players of NHL. Any other team dont have three top 10 players in they roster, but Dallas have more wide offence group. They can get scoring from three line and fourth line is stronger in defence zone. Hintz have to be better and Depoer have to change Hintz to third line and put Johnston or Seguin to play with Robertson if Hintz continue to strugle. He has been biggest disapointment of the playoffs atm and i do predict he will be traded after season or after next season.

Key players from DAL: Johnston and Heiskanen Key players from COL: Lehkonen and Parise.

FLA-BOS Game one was already played. Boston did win it and they might run win with they hot goalie Swayman, but i do predict Florida will win serie. I think they are bit more wide group in forwards. Some young Boston players are making breakthrough and they can upsed Florida and win the serie. I wait very even serie. Coach who can react fastest and change tactics when needed will lead team to third round.

Key players from Boston: They rookie group Key players from Florida: Lundel and Forsling. Prediction FLA 4 - 3 BOS (Game seven go to overtime)

CAR - NYR Game one was already played. This serie will likely decide who go to Stanley Cup finals from east, As huge Aho fan, i ofc cheering Carolina, but i do fear Laviolette a lot, he is in my mind one of best coach all time. He is great playoff coach, he get more out of his players than coaches usually get and thats also been his curse, because you cant get more out of players too long time, so he is not lasting long in his coaching jobs. Goalies are Carolina biggest question mark and in there NYR has levarage on Carolina. I do think we might see Kochetkov at goal in this serie. Both teams have very powerfull and wide forward groups and i did wait Laviolette getting more out of Lafreniere and he did play his best season. Carolina have stronger defender group. This serie will be epic.

Key players from CAR: Jarvis and Slavin. Key players from NYR: Lafreniere and they coach Laviolette. Prediction CAR 4 - 3 NYR

• Like 1

Better late than never. Here come results from first round! :)

Playoffsround1.thumb.jpg.35d2ae8dcfbf0bc6120edd8340ee68e1.jpg

CAR vs NYR has been epic serie, even that its 3-0 for NYR. Goalies has been deciding factor in that serie. It was strange how CAR did go with same goalies for this year and now they are losing again because goalies cant win they counter pair. Bob did outplayed Carolina goalies last year and now Igor is doing it. Might cost job for BrindAmour. Coach too often have to pay GM's mistakes. Serie is not over yet, i still want to believe Carolina will win it. BrindAmour has made his own mistakes too like not making any line changes to powerplay what not producing goals. He shouldnt use same tactis either. He should change tactics and lineups. Jarvis-Aho-Guentzell was they best line in last serie and end of playoffs, but BrindAmour keep Svechnikov in line and Svechnikov take stupid penalties what cost them games. Twice he has taken penalty in PP and he is still in first unit even that that unit not make goals. Carolina had one of best PP in end of the year and Svechnikov was playing in second line then in both PP and even strength. BrindAmour is blind for his own mistakes and stubbornes. I think that when Carolina is stronger team, opponent have to model they own tactics against them and then BrindAmour is great, but when Carolina is strugling, BrindAmour dont know how to change Carolina tactics(fast/from fly), he is not able to model and change tactics fast what great coaches is able to do. Difference between great regular season coach and great playoffs coach is, how fast coach is able to change and model his tactics when his team is not winning with they own strenghts.

Btw. VAN-EDM is 1-1 and Carolina NYR could end today. This year its been stupid playoff schedule. If NYR end serie today, they might have to wait 10 day before next game. If FLA win 4-1 and if east will start they finals before EDM-VAN end, its very possible that east team have to wait week before west finals end and in worst case, there might come almost two week waiting period for east team. I didnt understands why second round had to be started before first round ended and why did Dallas play before Edmonton-Vancouver serie, when both of those teams did win they serie before Dallas.

Referee line has been bit strange in this year playoffs. There has came couple strange embellishment calls. Some clear penaltys gone unseen. Start of game all minor stuff get penalty and then end of games nothing gets penalty. Let see if that strange line continue. Playoffs hockey been epic this year. Also World Hockey Championship tournament started, i will watch every Finnish games if possible and i try to watch as many USA game as possible because Kunin. Granlund is captain second time for Leinojat! So atm i might i have 1-4 game per day. A lot hockey :)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

kuva.thumb.png.02873ab0808262eaa6c5febcdb4a9b04.png

@D..X Lead the race I and @Lusciousdrunk are still very close. Not looking so good for @mraw435, but did put all in for Boston win and Vegas could easily be in finals, if they wouldnt face Dallas in first round. I fully understand that you have to and must to put your team to winner, i did that with Wild also every year. I do believe that you always have to believe your own team. I am cheering Dallas to win, ofc in poll it would meen D..X win.

Just got news done. A lot to read so no need to read it once. Hopefully you will enjoy to read it :) Forgive my typos.

Second round notes.

FLA-BOS. Did watch last three game. Barkov was great and i did like Lohrei a lot, i think it was just too early to Boston. It was first year without Bergeron and team was just learning. Its show a lot promise that they got game six against FLA and was able to dropp out TOR. Once they get top line center, they might be contendor again and doing that without re-build is great job from GM and draft crew. Swayman man was crazy good, havent seen that kind goalie game for while. What i hear, his heart is in correct place too and he is team first guy. Boston future looks good and they can still get good value from Ullmark, but if they  are able to keep both, thats huge pluss. NHL has changed, and you need two starter now days. Times when Rinne and Luongo was playing 70+ are gone, and i am super glad of that. If my idol Niittymäki would got chance to play current NHL, he would have been able to show his true potential better and not always sitting at bench when coach is favoring one guy over another.

NYR-CAR Did watch all games. I think we all was surprised that serie was 3-0 after three games. We shouldnt tho. They chose to keep same (three) goalies like last year, and it cost them some wins again. I dont think they problem is scoring, they problem has been goalies and i am not often blame goalies, but if you constanly lose playoff rounds, because your goalies lose to they counterpart, you have to do changes. I always like and admire loyalty, but they should have bring new goalie last summer or trade deadline. Coach Brind'Amour is valued high, but keep using coaching baddles too. He is too stubborn to make changes, he keep pushing using samelines and tactics. He cant make goalie play better, but have to make changes when needed. He is like Brunette, these two guys is valued high because regular season success, but they losing coaching and tactic baddles in playoffs. I personally value Keefe over Brind'Amour, why? Because Keefe hands been tied because salary cap, but he has been able to get his teams to game sevens before dropping out. No doubt core 4 of Toronto is better in paper than Carolina top 4, but Brind'Amour had one of NHL best d-group and more widness in forward group. Brind'Amour should have give more games to Kochetkov. Brind'Amour didnt play Jarvis with Guentzel and Aho at all in this serie (even strenght) He basicly kept same line ups through serie. He finally did change PP unit and surprise surprise it start to product more.

DAL-COL Did watch all games. Game 6 was long. I had my friend visiting at day, and had to watch FLA-BOS game first and i get tired fast, so had to take 3 break while watching Game 6 (Dal-Col) so it was close to midnight once i got game watched. Was so tired that i didnt had powers to cheer Dallas victory and was just happy game ended so i can go to sleep xD Anyway serie was show from Heiskanen and Oettinger. Colorado didnt get any production from they second line and Nichushkin case did hurt them. I hope he get his life back in track. Georgiyev wasnt bad, you cant put too much losing to his shoulders, but i do think Colorado need update to goal in next year. Maybe Annunen can be that upgrade? Lehkonen-Mittelstadt-Parize was great line in first round, but wasnt able to get samekind push in this round. I think biggest disappointment in ice was Lehkonen. He was engine of second line in first round, but wasnt able to find samekind "mojo" in second round. Colorado was over using Rantanen and MacKinnon and they did look bit tired. I am big believer of ice time management. If you look from Colorado Duhaime only got 8 min game time in double overtime game, example from Dallas did gave Faksa 15 min game and he was "extra" player who did replace Hintz. So if Dallas is able to give extra player double game time compared to Colorado who gave only 8 min to they regular fourth liner, its make it harder to win series.

EDM-VAN Did watch last 6 games. Didnt watch first game, because VAN-NSH serie was so poor, but this serie was so different. I did like Garland game a lot, he was my favorite player from Vancouver group, that guy had legs and he was skating every game. Its long time that i have seen someone skating so much and being center of every offence what happened when he was at ice. Zadorov was great too. If i would be GM of Vancouver i would tr to keep Zadorov in Vancouver. (yes i know who is GM of Vancouver, but it looks more like Rutherford making final calls) I did a lot what Vancouver did in this serie. Game 5 was they best and i was sure they will win the serie, but they lost they legs. I think that gamestyle just beat them this time. I dont think losing Demko did cost them this serie, i see it more as losing Demko, Boeser and Petterson cold game cost them this serie. Ofc i dont like to rush, but i would try to trade Petterson and fast, i probably would wait till next season trade deadline and then would trade him, because after next season he would have full NMC. Vancouver could see situation where they have to keep some of salary to trade him if they are not act fast. He is hot/cold guy and those guys not usually lead you to long playoff runs, but ofc i can be wrong too. Hronek was biggest disappointment of playoffs tho, i did think he can be top 2 (in team) defender, but no, he cant and Vancouver shouldnt pay him more than what Wild pay for Brodin (6milj) (Legit Top2 defender and best defensive defenders in NHL) Also i wouldnt re-sign Myers either, he has shown that he play his best hockey in contract year and then just dissapear and is overpayed player rest of the time. Same type that Petterson looks to be, always play best hockey in contract year. This serie was boys vs mens. By that i mean in playoff experience. Edmonton just won this serie because they had more playoff experience. Coach Tocchett get huge plus, and should win coach of they year trophy.

Conference finals!

NYR-FLA Will try to watch every game. I am cheering Florida, because i did put FLA players to my Hockey GM (second team) roster (Finnish Fantasy hockey)

Florida will go to Stanley Cup finals if: They can get great game from Bob at net, he have to win Shestyorkin. Barkov have to be his best and have to be able to shutdown Trocheck line. Caroline was playing defence type of game, but Barkov is best two way player of the world. If there is someone who can stop Trocheck line its Barkov. Barkov is main example how good ice time management make you better or more fresh in playoffs. Not over playing Barkov has been key to Florida success in this year. Florida have to be able win one game in road. Home game can always play line vs. Line game more easier and in this serie, i do wait home team winning every game and Florida is just have to stole one in Madison Garden. Tkachuk have to be better, he have to find mode from last year. He have to be able to get under the skin of NYR players. Lundell is better third line center than Rangers third center. Florida is bit wider group in offence, but lose in d group.

New York will go to Stanley Cup finals if: They are able to solve Barkov. Thats guy is probably most valuable player of playoffs. He is guy who can shutdown anyone and still make a lot points. Can you get kitchen of Barkov? It will not be easy. What can Troube do? Can he get under the skin of FLA players. He have to be MVP of NYR in this serie. To be MVP in my book not mean you have to make most points or goals. They third line and fourth line lose to Florida third and fourth line, so are they able to keep good ice time management for they stars, so they not get tired. Can Zibanajed continue solid game or dose he go back to regular season mode?

MVP of New York so far: I. Shestyorkin and V. Trocheck

MVP players of Florida so far: A. Barkov and G. Forsling

Surprise players might be: Kakko (NYR) and A. Lundell

Offence: To Florida

Defence: To New York

Goalie: To New York

Overall Widness: To Florida

Coach: To New York

Prediction. Florida win 4-3, but could easily go another way too. We will see couple overtime games, and those eventually decide who will continue to Stanley Cup Finals

DAL-EDM

Dallas go to Stanley Cup finals if: Wyatt Johnston is able to continue his strong game. Johnston game been most important factor to Dallas. Yes Miro Heiskanen was MVP in last serie and Oettinger is great goalie and some put him to favorite to win Conn Smyth, but in playoffs deciding factor is not best players, but those guys who bring widness and can product when other team shutdown your team stars. Hintz been biggest dissapointment and i think that losing him to injury actually helping Dallas more than hurting them. Depoer was stubborn and did keep playing Hintz in first PP unit and first line and Robertson and Pavelski game did hurt on that. Its not surprise that Johnston played his worst game when he was same line with Hintz. I dont know what has happened to Hintz who was solid two-way player. Maybe there was injury prior that injury what eventually put him outside of roster? Or did they use that as excuse to dropp him out of roster? Seguin and Benn has find they old game and after Hintz dropp out Duchene find his game too once getting more ice time. Dallas have best third line and if that can keep producting it make they chances to win a lot better. Oettinger had difficult season, he has been hot and he has been cold. Can Oettinger be hot? Thats huge question mark, if he can, Dallas can go to Cup run. If he lose his touch team will dropp out. Can Dallas get Hakanpää back? That would also be huge boost to them. He is great defensive defender and could take 15-20 min gametime easily (if fully healthy) Tanev did make huge impression to me and i like him a lot. He is warrior and best trade of the year. I hope Dallas re-sign him in summer, even that its mean that they lose Hakanpää (best penalty killer of league)

Edmonton go to Stanley Cup finals if: They are able to broke Dallas defence game and push Dallas to overplay they 5 d-man group. If Edmonton can make games even and push some to overtimes Heiskanen ice time go up to 30 min and even that he is iron man and best skater of league on saving powers and skating without using a lot powers or energy, even he would get tired against Edmonton. Heiskanen did look tired against Vegas, but a lot more fresh against Colorado and i think it was because Vegas gamestyle. Can Edmonton get secondary scoring is always issue, but for me its hard to get anykind secondary scoring if you give you players 8-10 min game time and not any in powerplay. Can Edmonton keep they powerplay hot? Hakanpää would be huge help in PK for Dallas, so Edmonton probably wish Hakanpää stay injured. Skinner, what type of Skinner we get? It was absolutely right call from Knoblauch to put Skinner to net in game 6, and i would have say this even if they would lost the game. Knoblauch did think about bigger picture, its no matter if its Skinner or Picard if you lose, but if you win that can lead them to Cup run if Skinner find his confidence back. Idk if i am just blind, but i do value Skinner close to Swayman. I mean with full confidence, defencesive gamestyle (as Boston have) and more kind press/fans, he could be star goalie in league. His playoffs stats are uckly, but so has been for several star goalies in start of they career or 20 game sampling. Best example Bobrovsky, his stats was uckly too, before he found confidence and defensive team in playoffs. I hope that if Edmonton lose now, they would Skinner to some better place (for goalie) to play and find his confidence and potential. Draisaitl, McDavid and Hyman are best forwards of serie, but Dallas two-way forwards widness in overall Offence put them ahead in my papers.

MVP players of Dallas so far: W. Johnston and Miro Heiskanen

MVP players of Edmonton so far: E. Bouchard and L. Draisaitl

Offence: To Dallas

Defence: To Dallas

Goalie: To Dallas

Overall Widness: To Dallas

Coach: To Dallas

Prediction: Ofc i am biased so i just say, i hope Dallas win. :)

• Like 2
  • Love 2