How to update your PB (Punk Buster)

daredevil

Question

• Administrators

Follow the simple instructions from this link.

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

For re-installing PB services use this:

http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbsvc/pbsvc.exe

If you still have any problems feel free to let us know and we will help you out.

15 answers to this question

Ok so my online game isnt working i go to join server and then i hit refresh and there are no servers not a single one what do i do and can you please help

by the way this is for Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Thanks,

Kable

I will send you a PM this happened to me a while back.

Hey, I've updated PunkBuster as much as I can, and yet I'm still getting a message about updating PB. I can't update it anymore. I don't know what's wrong, someone want to help?

post-8010-0-48583000-1337124602_thumb.png

I've been to the website, done what it said, and it still does not work.

Follow the simple instructions from this link.

http://www.evenbalan...age=pbsetup.php

For re-installing PB services use this:

http://www.evenbalan...pbsvc/pbsvc.exe

If you still have any problems feel free to let us know and we will help you out.

So the mac link (off of even balance, the first link) doesn't work for me it says, this is no longer supported on your computer. I followed all instruction, to the letter

And the second link is gibberish.

I am on a mac, myself and Gubbi tried to figure this out this afternoon and failed. Some more help would be nice.

Edited by Ken

Hey, I've updated PunkBuster as much as I can, and yet I'm still getting a message about updating PB. I can't update it anymore. I don't know what's wrong, someone want to help?

post-8010-0-48583000-1337124602_thumb.png

I've been to the website, done what it said, and it still does not work.

Ditto with Z above. Interesting to note that both of us use Macs too... Not sure if that has anything to do with anything, just throwing it out there.

So the mac link (off of even balance, the first link) doesn't work for me it says, this is no longer supported on your computer. I followed all instruction, to the letter

And the second link is gibberish.

I am on a mac, myself and Gubbi tried to figure this out this afternoon and failed. Some more help would be nice.

Way to revive a 2 year old topic :|

Well considering we are having problems with it, and there is a topic about updating PB here in the forums, AND a console message in game telling us to come find out how, it would suffice to say that it is alright to dig this up =D

Well considering we are having problems with it, and there is a topic about updating PB here in the forums, AND a console message in game telling us to come find out how, it would suffice to say that it is alright to dig this up =D

http://fearless-assassins.com/forums/171-cod-4/

More appropriate section rather then reviving old topics.

For future reference, since this topic has been revived already...

It seems that the new Ver of PBSetup no longer has the cod games in the drop down box as such when some people go to update punkbuster they may be confused about what to do so here is the file with cod4 put back on the drop down list for those who need it all you need to do is start PBSetup once so it generates the 2 game list files and then copy this into the folder where you have PBSetup and overwrite after that you should see cod4 on the list.

If there is a better place for this post to be feel free to move it admin i really had no idea where to put it.

Edited by karmablack
  • Like 2

It seems that the new Ver of PBSetup no longer has the cod games in the drop down box as such when some people go to update punkbuster they may be confused about what to do so here is the file with cod4 put back on the drop down list for those who need it all you need to do is start PBSetup once so it generates the 2 game list files and then copy this into the folder where you have PBSetup and overwrite after that you should see cod4 on the list.

If there is a better place for this post to be feel free to move it admin i really had no idea where to put it.

Well now i see the file did not upload :D lets try this once more

pbgame.rar

• Like 3

Well now i see the file did not upload :D lets try this once more

I did as you suggested but even though it now shows up in the list, it won't update the files. It says "not installed". There is no option except update which just updates PB to version 3.7... and that gets me back to where I started.

EDIT: I tried again and noticed I had version 3.6. I installed 3.7 and it worked. Thanks for the file and fix!

Edited by A. Pirate