Mouse Icon appears while gaming - not playable - ET Support needed

Exoh0l
Go to solution Solved by RendeL,

Hello guys,

Recently, I have an annoying issue on ET.

Coming strate to my issue.

While I am playing in the game, a sound (like unplugging a USB stick) turns on and in the same moment my mouse is out of a game similar as you would do if you press the windows button and see the taskbar. Now to jump back to the game I need to press the windows button and click within the game field. Afterthat everything is normal until it happens again.

I am getting really angry because it always appears while I am in shooting. 

Now, I searched on google and found out that some people had a similar case and one of them said it is a virus (it was not about ET, they played PUBG but the issue was the same). However, I already ran my premium anti virus program (Avira Pro) twice and it did not find anything. 

The other recommendation on the forum was to check which programs are  running while playing. I opened the task manager and closed two days ago some programs and see there, no issue anymore (5h playing without any issues). 

However, today I did it again (I believe I closed all programs which seems to be not necessay e.g. Application Frame Host etc.) but again the same issue while playing.

I can´t 100% confirm that I closed all same programs as I did two days where I did not have any issues (I did it with my little IT knowledge randomly).

I am lost and honestly speaking I am also anoyed to start my PC because of this issue.

I need professional IT support to fix this issue.

Personally I believe I have received something like a virus but maybe even my anti virus program can´t find it. 

However, I want to confirm to you that I always put special care and don´t click to any links or other staff. Usally I just play ET and listen to Spotify, thats all what I do from my computer.

In addition, I don´t believe that it is a hardware issue (e.g. keyboard or mouse with physical issues).

Anyone who had a similar issue or can support me here ? 

Btw, I tried to make a screenshot when it happens. However, it is always a screenshout without the mouse icon....

You see the game (full screen) and the taskbar but not the mouse symbol in the mittle of the screen.

@Leatherface proposed to me to run "Click windows+R key, then type MRT and hit enter " It will remove malicious software.

I did it already but without any success.

Looking forward to your reply.

BR,

Exoh0l

• Like 1
  • Surprise 1

I think the sound you hear is your mouse disconnecting from usb port temporary. A very small bend on the wire (if your mouse is wired) or on the top of usb head OR usb port (tried another port or another pc if this does the same?) of your pc can cause this. But it is not a virus, I dont believe on that theory.

• Like 4

• Platinum VIP

Oddly enough my pc does the same thing. Keyboard, mouse, headset, headset stand all turn off, screen goes black for a few seconds, and also makes the same noise as mentioned above. I for the life of me cannot figure out the issue. 

• Thanks 1
  • Surprise 2

• Leader
2 hours ago, Exoh0l said:

same moment my mouse is out of a game similar

Come to think of it, I have had a similar thing happen, where the Windows mouse pointer appears in ET and just 'jiggles around" in the center of the screen.  I had always assumed that a Windows program was overriding the game and taking control of the mouse, somehow.  I had thought that it might also be the fault of my "et-minimizer" program, somehow.

I have had similar happened when I "alt-Z" out of the game and the pointer stays in the center of the screen until I click it.

@RendeL might be on the right track, but @nAbish's problem scares me!  😱 Those both involve the USB system.  :hmm (Screen goes black is a real :?: in this situation!)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• Platinum VIP

Unplugged and re-routed many usb's I had for rgb etc to my surge protector instead of pc. Unplugged usb expanders and went straight to pc rather than using usb hubs. Running MRT right now and will update when it is done. I surely hope this fixes my issue, I thought it might be a driver issue but all of my drivers are up-to-date and I have no virus's either. Thank you guys for the help! 

• Like 2

Hello all,

short update: 

Even if I did not believe that is a hardware issue, I tried as @RendeL said another mouse and shockingly it is in my case the issue. I played now the last 3 hours without any issue.

So, I ordered now a new mouse (logitech G502Hero) and need to throw my lovely Logitech G400S into the trash 😔I thought its only a bit dirty but it seems to be broken/damaged somehow.

My lovely mouse.... 

Thanks a lot for all your support and advises. 

I was really angry, thought to throw my hole pc into the trash. Now, at least for now i will keep it 😄

@nAbish, I hope I will never get your issue. As @RedBaird said, this sounds really scarry.

Once again, thanks a lot guys!

BR, Exoh0l

• Like 3
  • 100 2

@nAbish, maybe it is really a hardware issue on your side as well. I really didn´t believe that it might be my mouse. 

My mouse and also the cable is without any visual wear or damages. I have also looked close to the mouse connection points (nothing to see).

• Like 2

• Platinum VIP

I think it’s my old gpu. It’s still doing the black screen thing but I’m not losing connection on my mouse and keyboard etc. 

• Leader
22 hours ago, nAbish said:

I thought it might be a driver issue but all of my drivers are up-to-date and I have no virus's either

"They" say that drivers can become "corrupted" sometimes.  :hmm :hmm :hmm 

• Sad 1
  • Surprise 1
  • 100 1

• Platinum VIP
On 12/7/2023 at 1:12 PM, RedBaird said:

"They" say that drivers can become "corrupted" sometimes.  :hmm :hmm :hmm 

That dreaded "they" again!

• 100 1