Graphic problems if i look to the sky [ Windows 11 gamemod ]

FritzHugo3
Go to solution Solved by FritzHugo3,

Hi people after many years i want playin ET again and its very cool that there are real humans (not only bots) that hold the game live.

I have this problem here and maybe anybody knows what is it and what can help. It comes when i show in the sky and stay than overlaping/mirroring new pictures if i turn arround. If i look at bottom its ok.

Sorry for my bad Englisch (German)
and thx for youre time.

K1024_Bild.thumb.JPG.cd449ff9338597aedda364c54a54d53e.JPG

Did changing r_fastsky to 1 help?

Maybe the texture for the sky is being overwritten by another pk3 file, I think you see this kind of visual glitch when a texture isn't being loaded so it's possibly being overwritten by an 'empty' texture with the same name.

I'd try run the pk3 cleaner here: 

If you don't want to download a third party tool, you can also manually remove all pk3 files other than pak0, pak1, pak2 and mp_bin.pk3 in the etmain folder of your ET directory by deleting or moving the files elsewhere. If this doesn't work, I'd go on to remove pk3 files in the Jaymod folder as it looks like you're playing on Jay1 in the screenshot - maybe it's from some kind of skin pack? 

If it were me though, I'd move pk3 files out in batches and keep testing until I found the bad file just out of curiosity 😛

Worst case scenario, try a clean installation of ET. If the issue still exists let us know.

• Like 2

mhhh, its a complete fresh install for ET, only connect to your server and loads only youre data (and ofcourse standart whats come bye install ET). The map before i have the same problem.
^ -> "r_fastsky 1" have done nothing. Have no reaction on it.

I try one, two other servers if this is a constand problem. maybe my graficcards have a problem with the game or so (its only a Radeon vega8 integrated GPU)

Edit:
Mhhh Map Etdol work for me, interesting.

So i will try a little bit. For now it woks. Maybe the game wont work at the first start - what ever.

Edited by FritzHugo3

• Leader
15 minutes ago, ElEl said:

looks like you're playing on Jay1 in the screenshot

Jay#1 records show his name playing there some 2.5 hours ago.

a little feedback, the most maps work, some two, three not. I will try tomorow to reinstall the game. maybe there are some brocken files or so, But it feels so good after over 10 years pause in the game. So cool that here people who play this old game. For me ET are the best game in this category.  Thx for helping first (oh no, its near 06:00 in the morning, total crazy - i must sleep LUL

Try install ETLegacy and use that, it wouldn't surprise me if that fixes the issue entirely. You'll also get better FPS with it straight away without having to tinker with config settings.

Alternatively, when you next join the server and you see the same issue, immediately open console and type "/condump console" then hit enter.

When ET finds a texture error, it'll tell you via console when you load into the game. It'll say something like "WARNING: Couldn't find image for xyz" and look like this in console:

image.jpeg.adb04466b5cc477f69e73aa3d4e79815.jpeg

Doing '/condump console' will save the text to your Jaymod directory with the name 'console'. Upload that file here or copy onto pastebin.com or scan through it yourself with notepad and copy the lines that say "WARNING" so we can see why the textures aren't being drawn.

• Like 2

captnconcrete I think i loaded it from chip.de (Version: 2.60b - vom 01.05.2006)

"pc specs ." what im writing up Win11 with an onboard grafic chip (radion vega8 - there are not realy many or special drivers for this), what you need more? 32GB Ram, 2TB M2,

ElEl I have no saw warnings for shader in the console for now and have /condump console done, so we have a long time log
Maybe should i load load the  install file from other site

Other question, why all pings are so high? Is it the server? Is it the game engine or so? Must we live with 100-200ms or is there a way to get a lower? The most have bad ms but some are better -why this?

1 hour ago, FritzHugo3 said:

"pc specs ." what im writing up Win11 with an onboard grafic chip (radion vega8 - there are not realy many or special drivers for this), what you need more? 32GB Ram, 2TB M2,

Should be and as your running windows 11 there is a good chance it could well be the driver as both Nvidia and AMD have bricked a few win 11 installs of late.

Download the AMD driver tool and if you need drivers and they are available it will give them to you. 

https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-rx-vega-series

• Like 2

So have deinatlled it and deleted also the rest in the folder. Reinstall from your file, copy the

start game try it - same problem

write /r_fastsky 1 in onsole (get no response) - same problem

But the big question, why this happen only for two, three maps and all other from your server work fine.

I thing its the bad grafig driver (if i restart from sleeping computer and go to yt in firefox my grafic driver crashes also, they cam back after 5 seconds but yes i thing there are a problem with the 40€ grafig igpu software - but there isnt a better)

And there are no problems with grafig files. First if the map loaded i can see the sky it comes after a few seconds first. First i have big lines parts and little colore glitches and than i get wat youe see at the picture. (Like that a grafig ram for this special calculating the sky goes full or what ever)

But ok, it is what it is. So i must play the maps who work fine for me and pause the other maps.

Thanks a lot for trying to help. its ok now - its only a game so we dont go to deep in.

Unbenannt.png

console.txt

• RedBaird changed the title to Graphic problems if i look to the sky [ Windows 11 gamemod ]