Gaming computer

Kladkakan

Hey guys,

I want to assemble my own computer but i want a REAL gaming computer. Not the shit i have right now but i wish someone would help. Not helping me with assembling but the several items you need, motherboard, cpu, ...

I'm asking this because you guys know a lot more about computer than i do. Remember i love in Europe though, probably won't be able to get all the items you recommend :)

Greetings shagger

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys,

I want to assemble my own computer but i want a REAL gaming computer. Not the shit i have right now but i wish someone would help. Not helping me with assembling but the several items you need, motherboard, cpu, ...

I'm asking this because you guys know a lot more about computer than i do. Remember i love in Europe though, probably won't be able to get all the items you recommend :)

Greetings shagger

To hell with that...where have u been buddy?????

Here's some links from a system parts site located in Belgium.

Motherboard, power supply, RAM, video card, processor. and heatsink with fan for the processor.

Since you failed to mention any budget, or preference on brand on parts, these are an ASUS motherboard, Cool Master power supply, PNY RAM, an ATI (Sapphire) video card, and an AMD processor. You will still need to get a case to hold all your parts unless you plan on using your current one, you will also need cooling fans for the case to increase airflow if you don't already have some. If anything, this might be a good base for you to start out with and work up from there.

hes a student he proberly dont have the money for that. but i might be wrong. plus why would he get a gtx 480 unless he wants to cook his food on the heat sink...

hes a student he proberly dont have the money for that. but i might be wrong. plus why would he get a gtx 480 unless he wants to cook his food on the heat sink...

He said " i want a REAL gaming computer." so i assumed he has the money to buy one so i posted the higher end stuff, Gtx 480 may be able to warm your appartment but it works :P

I'm not going to give you a link to a website Best way i can help is ask what your looking for example I have a AMD Athon ll x2 215 1TB harddrive 6 DDR3 Dual Channel intergraded video card Nvida 9200 and a Nvidia 9400GT 1 Gig video card 3 Acer AL1706 18" Montors Window 7 And a cable provider that gives me 10.30 Mbps upload and 0.61 Mbps download And on Jay2 my ping Avg 55 good day it runs 40ish

I made the mistake of buying a "slim model" Acer x3300 However the Power supply is only 255Watts and is a custom fit ..meanning if i wanted to add a bigger power supply ..nothing will fit in my computer

My best bet is to Buy a bear bones kit ( Case Power Mother board ) and take what i have and add it to that Not only is it cheaper to do You can add what ever you like Im going with a Aztec Case and a AMD custom motherboard ..carries up to 12 Gigs of ram 3 Slots for PCI and PCI-E Video cards and sound plus all the toys and still runs just over 100$ 800w Cosair Power supply AMD Phenom II X6 1075T and a extra 2 Gig total of 8 for now and after X-mas once all the spending is paid for a Newer video card mid-high ranged

But ya for those that still have a P4 single core ...Time to upgrade lol

That's not true, Timberwolf. There are power supplies that will work for your tower, you just have to know what to look for. For example: Try This. If you can get the physical dimensions of your power supply, you can match it up to the things you find online.

But back on topic: Shagger, did you take a look at the parts that I linked in my post from the Belgium locale company? Did you like any of them? Have comments about the suggestions? Preferences in branding? Need a tower or other supplies as well?

That's not true, Timberwolf. There are power supplies that will work for your tower, you just have to know what to look for. For example: Try This. If you can get the physical dimensions of your power supply, you can match it up to the things you find online.

But back on topic: Shagger, did you take a look at the parts that I linked in my post from the Belgium locale company? Did you like any of them? Have comments about the suggestions? Preferences in branding? Need a tower or other supplies as well?

Haven't checked them out yet but i'll check them out right now, appreciate the help guys

Edit: I checked them out and i like them. They weren't to expensive as well :D

Granted, that won't be top of the line performance, but by god, it'll still look good doing it.

Obviously, you still need a tower, cables for hard drives and dvd drives, the drives themselves, a few case fans, and thermal paste for the processor and heatsink. The only bummer about that motherboard is that it only has 1 PCI-Express x16 slot. So no SLi/Crossfire, which limits upgrade capabilities.

Other the other hand, I've got a lesser system myself, and I push around 120 FPS in most games that I play (330+ in ET, which is my main stay at the moment). I'm certain that the basic parts I've listed should definitely push at least 60FPS at max to close to "damn nice looking" all the time.

The only thing I don't like about the site I used for your part list, is the lack of a robust search feature. If you have time, look for motherboards with either the AM3 socket (AM2+ works as well, but is older), or LGA 1156. Beyond either socket type (AMD - Intel) , try to look for a board with 2 PCI-Express 2.0 x16 slots, this will allow you to run two of the same video card (SLi or Crossfire) for improved performance. You will also want at least 4 slots for RAM; which should allow for at least 8GB of RAM max to 32GB or more maximum.

To best utilize this hardware, you will need a 64 bit operating system, Windows 7 for compatibility purposes preferred, but if you'd rather have some learning fun, Linux isn't a bad choice.

One of the reasons why I didn't list a case is because cases are a matter of personal preference. You will need to keep form factor in mind between your case and your motherboard that you pick. If you have a regular ATX motherboard, it won't fit in a microATX or miniATX case, but it will fit in a mid-size tower and a full size tower case.

Tell you what since you haven't seen a "slim model acer" heres one of my videos with the power box ...No other power supply will fit inside this computer : My link