Gaming computer

Kladkakan

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OEM is Original Equipment Manufacturer, or simpler, the crappy parts your computer is shipped with. I would put money on it that Dell does not use performance/gaming RAM in their systems. I haven't fully delved into the realm of dealing with RAM, but I am pretty sure you want a lower latency for improved performance, and you'll want matching pairs of RAM for improved performance.

If you just want to play WoW, any of the XPS 8100s will do the trick. They just do it better and better the higher you progress in the price ranges.

As for the pricing of the i7-950; if you get one of these Dell XPS 8100 desktops, you won't be able to use the 950 with it as it has the 1366 socket because all of these Dell XPS 8100 have the socket 1156 instead. To be able to use it, you would have to purchase a different motherboard, and from that perspective, we're back on track for building a computer from the base up. In which, for that processor and a decent motherboard, you'd be looking at 295 USD for the processor and 190 USD for the motherboard. That should be around 224 euros for the processor and 144 euros for the motherboard (at the current exchange rate at the time of this posting). That's a base price point of 368. Add 150 euros for a video card, another 120 euros for 4GB of RAM, 30 euros for a heatsink and fan for the processor, and now you're looking at 668 euros for a starting price, and that's still without a case, without a hard drive, without a power supply, and without an Operating System.

best computer ive used so far,has to be the acer aspire g7200 gamers pc with a amd phenom 9650 quad core processor 2.30 ghz with 6 gig of installed memory

with ati radeon hd 4600 series.(windows 7 ultimate 64 bit)

bit pricey but nice pc(goes nice with the 23 inch hd monitor.post-4657-0-36219600-1292622049_thumb.jpg

Edited by SPARKY

best computer ive used so far,has to be the acer aspire g7200 gamers pc with a amd phenom 9650 quad core processor 2.30 ghz with 6 gig of installed memory

bit pricey but nice pc(goes nice with the 23 inch hd monitor.post-4657-0-36219600-1292622049_thumb.jpg

how pricey is it?

how pricey is it?

payed 1,200 pounds for it(well wife did for a birthday present for me lol)but its a good pc,terabyte hard drive to store loads of files and games

Edited by SPARKY

even with the monitor, you can build that whole rig with so much less cash. 4600 series isnt gaming imo

• 1 month later...