Ideas for a shift/sprint bind?

ASBO

Hello Everyone,

Basically i have hurt my little finger on my left hand (diddums i know) but basically it is the finger that i use for any sprint action (left shift key)

So holding it down as many time that i do in ET becomes quite painful very quickly, so im looking for ideas on how to not use it? using another finger doesnt really work and im so used to my hand placement anyway

I have created this as a work around so i can sprint strafe, but i was just wondering if there was anything better i could do?

set ltdn "+moveleft; +sprint"

set ltup "-moveleft; -sprint"

set rgdn "+moveright; +sprint" 

set rgup "-moveright; -sprint"

bind a "+vstr ltdn ltup"

bind d "+vstr rgdn rgup" 

Thanks

• Like 1

You can use space bar or alt as sprint and the other for jump or use spacebar for sprint and mouse 2 for jump.  Alt can be a little weird to press but you can get used to it quickly,  it's what I use to /kill.

Using  mouse2 for jump and spacebar for crouch is probably the best way to play.  I don't do it but from a biomechanical point of view, it makes the most sense.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Haruhi Suzumiya said:

You can use space bar or alt as sprint

He uses spacebar to selfkill 😆

But yes, temporary I would go for spacebar as well or C and move rest to V, B, N.

Edited by yaku
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Yer i guess if i want any control over my sprit ill have to change button.... feel just so un-natural sprinting every time i hit the A or D key 😅 was just hoping someone might have thought of another work around with a bind that i had missed

7 hours ago, Haruhi Suzumiya said:

Using  mouse2 for jump and spacebar for crouch is probably the best way to play.  I don't do it but from a biomechanical point of view, it makes the most sense.

Why is that? i use mouse 2 for crouch

7 hours ago, yaku said:

He uses spacebar to selfkill 😆

😂 I use a game pad (this one below), which i got uber cheap in a sale, so some of the binds in my cfg look crazy, as the key mapping is so different for all those buttons on the bottom right

Razer 1 Tartarus V2: 32 Progammable Detachable Palm Rest Mecha-Membrane  Mid-Height Keys-Gaming Keypad, 18/8 Stainless Steel, Classic Black :  Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

maybe try this cringe bind, but this is bad ideaa :

set AT2 "-attack; -sprint"
 set AT1 "+attack; +sprint"
 bind MOUSE1 "+vstr AT1 AT2"

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, razjee said:

maybe try this cringe bind, but this is bad ideaa :

set AT2 "-attack; -sprint"
 set AT1 "+attack; +sprint"
 bind MOUSE1 "+vstr AT1 AT2"

😄 only sprint when shooting! tbh if i could work that some more, so that i wasn't using sprint whilst crouching or walking, that wouldn't be to bad. thx

9 hours ago, ASBO said:

Yer i guess if i want any control over my sprit ill have to change button.... feel just so un-natural sprinting every time i hit the A or D key 😅 was just hoping someone might have thought of another work around with a bind that i had missed

Why is that? i use mouse 2 for crouch

😂 I use a game pad (this one below), which i got uber cheap in a sale, so some of the binds in my cfg look crazy, as the key mapping is so different for all those buttons on the bottom right

Razer 1 Tartarus V2: 32 Progammable Detachable Palm Rest Mecha-Membrane  Mid-Height Keys-Gaming Keypad, 18/8 Stainless Steel, Classic Black :  Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Ohhhhhh, me likes the look of that, i'm still on a 17 year old zboard fang

fang.jpg

Served me well all these years and despite microshafts best efforts to block legacy devices and their drivers i've managed to keep it going.....But the buttons are getting bad now and the B button is a bit over used so tends to work when it wants.

Need a replacement and like the look of that one you posted. Razer Tartarus??

Edited by Snuffs99

On 6/21/2022 at 4:17 PM, ASBO said:

Hello Everyone,

Basically i have hurt my little finger on my left hand (diddums i know) but basically it is the finger that i use for any sprint action (left shift key)

So holding it down as many time that i do in ET becomes quite painful very quickly, so im looking for ideas on how to not use it? using another finger doesnt really work and im so used to my hand placement anyway

I have created this as a work around so i can sprint strafe, but i was just wondering if there was anything better i could do?

bind a "+vstr ltdn ltup"

bind d "+vstr rgdn rgup" 

Thanks

Having ellbow tendonitis on my mousarm, teached me mortaring. Just saying.

hqdefault.jpg

• Haha 1

•  
  • Admin:10
  • Server:Beginners #2
  • Donor
  • Joined 1 Year, 2 Months and 1 Day ago

You need a wait of at least 50 ms between 2 commands...

set ltdn "+moveleft; :wait 50; +sprint"

set ltup "-moveleft; wait 50; -sprint"

set rgdn "+moveright;wait 50; +sprint" 

bind a "+vstr ltdn ltup"

bind d "+vstr rgdn rgup" 

Edited by Buckwild
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Haruhi Suzumiya said:

I mean, just look at all those thumb. uttons you could use to sprint  😄

Jump, weapon selection and kill tap 😁

5 hours ago, Snuffs99 said:

Ohhhhhh, me likes the look of that, i'm still on a 17 year old zboard fang

fang.jpg

Served me well all these years and despite microshafts best efforts to block legacy devices and their drivers i've managed to keep it going.....But the buttons are getting bad now and the B button is a bit over used so tends to work when it wants.

Need a replacement and like the look of that one you posted. Razer Tartarus??

Oh wow proper old school

It is! V2 version I think, I saw it for like 70% off in a Currys so I thought I would try it out! Really like it now the palm/wrist rest is so comfortable! 

3 hours ago, Buckwild said:
  •  
  • Admin:10
  • Server:Beginners #2
  • Donor
  • Joined 1 Year, 2 Months and 1 Day ago

You need a wait of at least 50 ms between 2 commands...

set ltdn "+moveleft; :wait 50; +sprint"

set ltup "-moveleft; wait 50; -sprint"

set rgdn "+moveright;wait 50; +sprint" 

bind a "+vstr ltdn ltup"

bind d "+vstr rgdn rgup" 

What I have been using seems to work fine, what is the need for the 50ms wait??

• Like 1

I've always wanted to use one of those hand pads but the razer doesn't fit my hands.  The only one I've ever come across that felt amazing and I could actually put my hands on was at bestbuy... but it was like -$20 and obviously not mechanical.  Given I've split many keys in half in my days there's no way it'd last me more than a month.

I did come across one old school mechanical one that seemed amazing but  they're hard to find and expensive as crap, not that something being expensive has ever stopped me before, but the finding one for sale definitely has 🤣

On 6/21/2022 at 9:17 AM, ASBO said:

Hello Everyone,

bind a "+vstr ltdn ltup"

bind d "+vstr rgdn rgup" 

Thanks

Do you ever trickjump? Maybe it is bad form from me but I always understood that holding shift during jumping gets you more distance. If you do jump, you might want to add your sprint to your jump command. The only issue with all of it is that you can't easily move around the map without sprinting with your current set-up. Saving sprint for fights and engagements is extremely important. Maybe you could toggle these binds for certain situations (fighting) and another set of binds for moving around the map?