screen

oliveirapt

i been dating this screen for some time cause mine is very old and the refresh rate seem to fail sometimes and i think its slowly dying mais question is it good to play et cause im not a expert ths for all the help

Screenshot_2022-01-30-13-12-12-047_com.android.chrome.jpg

Hey Oli,

this Asus monitor seems to be ok, here the specs:

https://geizhals.eu/asus-vg248qg-90lmgg901q022e1c-a1898073.html

If u want to get a step further and have the money, i suggest this:

https://geizhals.eu/msi-optix-mag274qrfde-qd-9s6-3ca8da-028-a2452244.html

just my useless 2 cents...

16 minutes ago, TBAR Flash said:

Hey Oli,

this Asus monitor seems to be ok, here the specs:

https://geizhals.eu/asus-vg248qg-90lmgg901q022e1c-a1898073.html

If u want to get a step further and have the money, i suggest this:

https://geizhals.eu/msi-optix-mag274qrfde-qd-9s6-3ca8da-028-a2452244.html

just my useless 2 cents...

is it good for playing et money is always a problem 😅😅 at least here 🤣🤣 ths for the help m8

i have the asus vg 2490 its a great gaming monitor.! if your going from a  cheap monitor to a nice one like this u will most def love it. but there is  a few tweaks ull need to know when u get it. i paid little less than 300$US  for mine . a yr ago.

id try to stay  at or above 27 inch too. 

this is the  one i have but i think mines 27 inch.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-tuf-23-8-ips-fhd-144hz-1ms-freesync-gaming-monitor-with-height-adjustable-displayportdvihdmi-black/6395359.p?skuId=6395359

Edited by captnconcrete

I try to feel like at war, that's why I play on 15.6 full screen with 800x600 resolution.

Ah, these youngsters got very comfortable, they want some FullHD monitors....

• Haha 3
  • Surprise 1

im using a 19 inch acer splat screen over more then 20year and sense my last window update and framenet 3.5 and 4.8 the game became again "laggy" becoming impossebil to hit and my fps super unstabbel so that i lije to know with a new screen gone help in something

A 144hz or higher should give you smoother experience. That is if you have a good gpu with hdmi and your pc otherwise is somewhat in shape. Like mine is a teenager already, so I just use this old flat screen 22"

Also a simple dust cleaning from pc does wonders, have you checked the temperatures? Speccy is a good program for this as an example.

• Like 1

For gaming you primarily want in a monitor: high spatial resolution (WQHD or 4K), vibrant colors, high refresh rate (temporal resolution) and low response time (both leading to low ghosting and high motion clarity). If you want to use the monitor for other purposes as well (e.g. video or photo editing) other variables may come into play, e.g. color fidelity.

Therefore to find the optimal monitor you have to know:

(A) What purpose will you use the monitor for?

(B) What is your budget?

(C) Are there any hardware specific features you need or want, like GSYNC or Freesync?

(D) How big do you want the screen to be? This is pertinent on how far you sit away from the screen, what resolution the monitor has and on your eye sight.

The Asus VG248QG you have linked is Full HD (depending on your rig and what you want do with the monitor can be perfectly fine), has a TN panel and suffers from bad ghosting from what I could gather from reviews on the internet. If your budget allows for it, I would recommend getting an IPS panel with fast response times - colors are far, far better than on TN panels on which games usually look washed out.

Edited by Lt Steiner
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RendeL said:

A 144hz or higher should give you smoother experience. That is if you have a good gpu with hdmi and your pc otherwise is somewhat in shape. Like mine is a teenager already, so I just use this old flat screen 22"

Also a simple dust cleaning from pc does wonders, have you checked the temperatures? Speccy is a good program for this as an example.

my pc is almost 2 years alresdy have hdmi but sense my screen is old i have the cabel to convert hdmi to fit on screen i just clean about 2 months and check all the spec see and all seems to be in order so far

2 minutes ago, Lt Steiner said:

For gaming you primarily want in a monitor: high spatial resolution (WQHD or 4K), vibrant colors, high refresh rate (temporal resolution) and low response time (both leading to low ghosting and high motion clarity). If you want to use the monitor for other purposes as well (e.g. video or photo editing) other variables may come into play, e.g. color fidelity.

Therefore to find the optimal monitor you have to know:

(A) What purpose will you use the monitor for?

(B) What is your budget?

(C) Are there any hardware specific features you need or want, like GSYNC or Freesync?

basicly is for playing et and other games and and some work sometimes, sense i have updated all pc except the monitor my buget is to 200euros top what the diferences between GSYING and FREE SYNC what do you recommend

2 minutes ago, oliveirapt said:

basicly is for playing et and other games and and some work sometimes, sense i have updated all pc except the monitor my buget is to 200euros top what the diferences between GSYING and FREE SYNC what do you recommend

Here you can find a good summary of the differences between the different versions of GSYNC and Freesync: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/g-sync-vs-freesync-vs-g-sync-compatible

The monitor linked above, e.g., supports Freesync Premium and is only GSYNC compatible. That means it does not have the dedicated processor needed for true GSYNC but you still will be able to use Freesync with a Nvidia GPU nonetheless. I've never witnessed any difference between Freesync and GSYNC aside from the inability to use ULMB (which, depending on the monitor, can produce great motion clarity at the cost of a dimmed display and a refresh rate locked to 120 Hz).

For a budget of 200 Euros and if you don't mind Full HD on 27 inches I'd recommend getting this monitor: Viewsonic XG2705

https://www.amazon.de/Viewsonic-XG2705-IPS-Panel-FreeSync-höhenverstellbar/dp/B084JNYTYV?tag=gs-web-article-hardware-21&th=1 (German Amazon link, currently listed for 209 Euros)

IPS panel with vibrant colors, 144 Hz, fast response times, low ghosting, supports Freesync Premium.

Edited by Lt Steiner
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Lt Steiner said:

For a budget of 200 Euros and if you don't mind Full HD on 27 inches I'd recommend getting this monitor: Viewsonic XG2705

https://www.amazon.de/Viewsonic-XG2705-IPS-Panel-FreeSync-höhenverstellbar/dp/B084JNYTYV?tag=gs-web-article-hardware-21&th=1 (German Amazon link, currently listed for 209 Euros)

IPS panel with vibrant colors, 144 Hz, fast response times, low ghosting, supports Freesync Premium.

ths for the help but have to pay almost 20 euros to send it to portugal its a bit for me but ths anyway

Edited by oliveirapt

my current monitor

ACER 19W AL1916W 19" LCD MONITOR 1440X900 VGA D-SUB
Screen Array Type: tn
Resolution 1440x900 (16:10)
5 ms response time
700:1 contrast ratio
Brightness 300 cd/m?
Viewing angles: horizontal 160°, vertical 160°
Connection: vga (d-sub)