Windows Updating Current Build

My old computer had an i5 and a 770 gtx and I had stable 125FPS.

That was using Legacy, not sure if that matters or not.

• 100 1

4 hours ago, Blunt said:

I'd argue ET is more GPU dependent.   ET uses OpenGL which leans heavily on the GPU, unlike a game like Counter Strike which is heavily CPU dependent (boy did I learn the hard way how much my CPU sucked with that game).   I owned a 6600 card and couldn't always maintain 125 FPS, same rig upgraded to a GTX 9800 and could easily maintain 125 FPS.  Recently my vid card took a dump (the 9800) so I used a 710 for a few weeks and had trouble with 76 FPS (same rig), I have a 1060 right now, but still think my 9800 performed better for this 16 year old game, it had so much more GPU power. 

Not to discount anyone's opinion on CPU, I am sure it matters at some level.  For example going from a slow celeron processor to I5, but I just haven't had the same experiences.

Its been a while but the way i understand it is in older games like ET the OpenGL execution is done on the CPU as it was compiled that way, the GPU does as its told by the CPU?? Something like that IIRC.

One of the biggest fails of ET has always been the lack of multiple threaded support, meaning CPU's with better single thread performance are usually better for ET than CPU's with a faster and better multi thread performance.

• 100 2

i just want to point out that i ran  et on a toaster yes talking about a  windows 1987 with 500 gb  hard drive space and 4 gbs of ram have no clue what  GPU  or CPU it had but i could run ET at 125fps to 100fps stable on that toaster so i really can't say what  ET  uses to run lol i really think FPS  it relies more on how stable your internet connection is then how much of a monster pc you have 

• Like 2