Hello everybody!

Hello everyone! Following @RockstarBe's advice, I'm taking the easy way to introduce myself to you by answering the predefined set of questions. Excuse my (temporary) lack of creativity, you can get a glimpse of my own thoughts on my application post. Anyway, I hope I get to know most of you better, you can often find me playing Insurgency: Sandstorm on your servers. In the aforementioned post you'll find a link to my Steam profile, feel free to add me as well. PM me with anything you want to ask or comment, I'll be happy to answer.

See you around!

First name: Miguel
Any sort of Nickname?: Mike, although that's not really a nickname.
What country are you from?: Spain
Are you a Parent?: No I'm not, nor do I plan to be.
How many siblings do you have?: None, just me and myself.
What do you do for a living?: Mechanical Engineer working in the aerospace industry.
Greatest Fear?: The void of death. Complicated subject.
First thing you look for in a new friend?: Similar sense of humour, similar interests, overall friendliness..
Farthest you've been from home?: Either Denmark or the Czech Republic, couldn't tell without looking at a map. Not too far, gotta say. For now.
What brought you to the Fearless Assassins servers/forum?: @RockstarBe to this very forum, @Major Stalvern to your community via Insurgency: Sandstorm.

Cat or Dog?: Cat, always. Dogs are too dependant for my taste. I also pretend to own a cat (let's face it, she's the one owning me).
What are your hobbies?: Too many. Designing, manufacturing, electronics, bow shooting, swimming, gaming, "functional" reading, hiking, cooking. And many more that I can't take care of right now.
What kind of Sports do you like?: Swimming is my top sport. It doesn't have too much to talk about, but I absolutely love it. I also hike and do kayaking from time to time.
What's your favorite color?: Anything within the grayscale.
How about your favorite type of music?: Mainly Rock, Jazz, Classic, Metal. Also anything that's good.
Favorite Song?: Wish you were here, Pink Floyd.
What's your favorite TV show?: I don't usually watch TV, but I've been watching some TLC stuff lately on the background, don't judge me.
What kind of movies do you like? (Scary, comedy, drama etc): Mainly thrillers. And crime movies. I love crime movies.
Favorite Movie?: Hard to say. I really did like "There Will be Blood".
Favorite Book?: The Emperor's New Mind, Roger Penrose. Worth a million reads.
What do you like most about yourself?: Sometimes I care too little about things.
What do you hate most about yourself?: Sometimes I care too little about things.
What makes you very happy?: A good meal. A healthy social environment.
What makes you very sad?: Animal suffering.
What's your favorite beverage?: Beer, a classic.
What you're favorite food/snack?: Chips, of course.
Favorite actor/Actress?: Viggo Mortensen? Daniel Day-Lewis? Christoph Waltz's also pretty good.
Favorite season? Why?: Winter, it gets pretty hot during the Summer in Spain, I just enjoy low temperatures. But I really enjoy water sports, so Summer is my Nº2 season, despite the melting temps.
Favorite subject in school?: I loved Technology and Physics.
Favorite thing to learn about?: How the world works. Endless topics to know about.
If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?: Depends on my mood. I'd like to go to Switzerland right now.

What are your top three games of all time?: The Witcher 3, RDR2, The Elder Scrolls (as a concept). In that order.
Besides shooters, what is your favorite genre of gaming?: Action RPGs.
Name one game in your collection you'd be embarrassed to tell your friends about: I'm quite proud of everything I own, although I'd be reserved about letting everyone know that I've played through the whole "Doki doki literature club".
How many games do you own?: About 400-450, but didn't pay an Euro for 65% of them.
Do you play console?: No, I do not.
What platform do you spend most of your gaming on? (PS, Xbox, Steam, Android etc): PC (Steam and GOG)
What's your favorite internet site (That is not FA ;P): https://hackaday.com/
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

Welcome to our forums!

Daniel Day-Lewis is one of my favorite actors too ❤️

SEAT WILL NEVER DIE(i hope)

Cat GIF

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

hi mate welcome to the forum . See you on the battlefield . Join us on silent 1 tha place to be ^^

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, BOT LeMaigols said:

Besides shooters, what is your favorite genre of gaming?: Action RPGs.

I see that you're a man of culture, when are we going no-life on Path of Exile?

Welcome to the forums btw hehe

Edited by mextor
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, mextor said:

I see that you're a man of culture, when are we going no-life on Path of Exile?

Welcome to the forums btw hehe

I swear I've been trying so hard to like isometric RPGs over the years, but only a very few amount of them caught my attention. I can't even tell you the reason why. Didn't try Path of Exile though, so who knows...

3 minutes ago, BOT LeMaigols said:

I swear I've been trying so hard to like isometric RPGs over the years, but only a very few amount of them caught my attention. I can't even tell you the reason why. Didn't try Path of Exile though, so who knows...

I always loved the isometric concept because I grew up with titles like Bauldur's Gate, Diablo 2, MU Online I guess. Never had to give any effort to like them 😄 Just be careful if you really want to try PoE out. Its one of the most addictive games i've ever played. And I have around 16000 hours combined in DotA 2 and CS:GO.. Best time to try it would be when PoE 2 releases i think. Its gonna be integrated to PoE 1 and will draw lots of new players.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, mextor said:

I always loved the isometric concept because I grew up with titles like Bauldur's Gate, Diablo 2, MU Online I guess. Never had to give any effort to like them 😄 Just be careful if you really want to try PoE out. Its one of the most addictive games i've ever played. And I have around 16000 hours combined in DotA 2 and CS:GO.. Best time to try it would be when PoE 2 releases i think. Its gonna be integrated to PoE 1 and will draw lots of new players.

Damn it, that's more hours than a 4 year degree, you should get a CS:GO diploma at the very least. I'll give it a try then, what I crave for is a good and well-told story so if that's the case I'll most likely be hooked by then 😄

• Like 1

Impressive introduction mate. Hello and welcome, nice to see your involvement here  :) 

You have so much different interest in life, that's great !

Try to launch Wolfenstein ET one day ;) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, DeKing said:

Impressive introduction mate. Hello and welcome, nice to see your involvement here  :) 

You have so much different interest in life, that's great !

Try to launch Wolfenstein ET one day ;) 

Thanks for your welcoming message!

In all honesty, it's been less than 24 hours ago since I discovered that ET actually existed, it's great how you guys are able to keep an 18-year-old game still alive. I might give it a try!

• Like 1