RAYZEN OR INTEL I5

Daddy

Hello dears, i think in buy a new desktop to my son and i always used intel, but i hear some guys about new Ryzen 5 3600; someone knows? is really good?

The configuration suggested by the seller is: 
Mother gigabyte b450m AM4 micro ATX
Video GTX 1050 ti 4gb
AMD Ryzen 5 3400g (3600)
Ram dd4 3000hz 8gb
SSD kingston 240gb 500mb/s

thanks for help

• Like 1

Hey Daddy

if I just need to talk about the ryzen 5 3600, nice processor, I haven't had any problems I have been using it for about 1.3 years. 

Price performance product.

In the new games of 2020-21, its temperature did not exceed 65-69 degrees with its own cooler.I am using 4200 mhz.

I also recommend that you add at least a 1tb hdd to your system.

• Thanks 1

just a tip 8GB  of ram just hurts my  soul see someone wanting to buy a new pc and not going for  16gb or 32gb ram is still a big game changer for any pc 

7 hours ago, Daddy said:

Ram dd4 3000hz 8gb

and the ssd kingston 500gb one is only 30$ more would be better than the 240gb one  and say i would get a  1tb hdd drive myself  more space is always better 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Using userbenchmark is a great way to directly compare CPUs in multiple categories.

Ex, 10900K vs 5900X: https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i9-10900K-vs-AMD-Ryzen-9-5900X/4071vs4087

You can see price differentials, power efficiency, FPS benchmarks in various highly popular games, etc.

Just select which CPUs you want to compare.

• Thanks 1
  • 100 1

10 hours ago, Daddy said:

Hello dears, i think in buy a new desktop to my son and i always used intel, but i hear some guys about new Ryzen 5 3600; someone knows? is really good?

The configuration suggested by the seller is: 
Mother gigabyte b450m AM4 micro ATX
Video GTX 1050 ti 4gb
AMD Ryzen 5 3400g (3600)
Ram dd4 3000hz 8gb

thanks for help

Ideally as new you want either a b550 mobo or an x570

Video card?? well depends what games you want to play and at what sort of detail, 1050 should suffice for low to medium settings at say 1080

Ryzen 3400g is not the same as the 3600, the 3600 is better in all fields. The 3400g means its got built in APU into the CPU so you could use the onboard GFX on that mobo without the need of a seperate GFX card, that said a dedicated gfx card is always the way to go IMHO.

8GB or Ram?? yeah wil just about do but i'd prefer 16 minimum

SSD?? well they are mobo dependent and so cheap they can be added any time, certainly Sata 3 ones. 

I think that mobo you have mentioned does have an M.2 slot so you could get a samsung NVMe 970 for instance but you may be limited by the PCIe 3.0 rather than PCIe 4.0 that you would get on a newer 550 or 570 mobo so no point going for a 980.

Its hard tbh as people use PC's very differently to others so it always depends what your planning on doing with it that makes it worth its while or not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Always Inter, towered over AMD.

This is driving people into money. Every two years something new and better comes out. This is an arms race. I buy a computer for what I need.

Well, it's the frequency, not the quantity that counts.

@Daddy

The difference in 5 3400G and 5 3600 is in 2 cores. In ET, it will give you 0% acceleration. Buying 5 3600 misses the point. Your graphics card is too weak. I would recommend GTX 1660 SUPER OC 6GB here. But if you play any new games.

You can also invest in memory (but when you buy a better graphics card). As fast as possible (2x8GB, because 2x4GB may not be available) from 3600MHz. Ideally, there should be a difference of 1000Mhz from the previous ones. So search within 4000Mhz. I recommend 2x8Gb for new games. Always in dual channel.

@mehmet

Everything is great and fun. But buying something that won't bring you a significant result - Missing the point.

@mehmet@Daddy

I recommend buying Grandis 2 or 3. With 65W processors (of course this is TDP. They consume less power than the manufacturer's data) the temperature will not exceed 55 degrees. It is not possible. Unless you turn it up a lot. On the b450m motherboard, it's probably not possible to overclock processors using the BLCKA bus. If you have a processor with an unlocked multiplier. You can increase the base frequency of the processor with a multiplier.

@*Kiba*

Eh... 🙄

I buy as much as I need. for ET (+ small games) I would choose 2x4GB or 2x2GB. I would choose 2x8GB for new games. 2x16GB is pointless as you won't get it all.

32,48 and 64GB are then chosen when you work on a computer and earn money on it. You can easily use 32GB for film production.

32 GB can be afforded in 4 years.

@Snuffs99

b550 mobo lub x570

We assemble a new computer or advise - is it worth spending on 5 3600? 😆

GTX 1080 can also be. 😜

16GB is the maximum and minimum for new games.

M.2 discs are not worth buying for regular gaming. Completely SSD is enough. M.2 is for work.

@CabaL

You have to pay attention to the frequency in the turbo. And the number of cores.
Depending on what games you will be playing.

For 4K it will be 6 cores, for FullHD it will be 4 cores. The frequency and other components are selected for the games that we are going to play.

Of course, a benchmark is a very nice site. And I would recommend her too.

The i9 10900K is better as it has 5.2GHz in the turbo. And we choose the number of cores as many as we need.

234r.thumb.jpg.df7a7ae09f9c22fd0bbb36812450f922.jpg

Edited by FILIPE
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, FILIPE said:

@Snuffs99

We assemble a new computer or advise - is it worth spending on 5 3600? 😆

GTX 1080 can also be. 😜

16GB is the maximum and minimum for new games.

M.2 discs are not worth buying for regular gaming. Completely SSD is enough. M.2 is for work.

I'd buy the 5600x given the choice over the 3000 series CPU's simply due to age and newer being "better"

M.2 Disks work very well as OS drives and they are fantastic for large transfers between M.2 drives etc, i can transfer 12GB in less than 2 seconds from an evo 980 -> 980 , certainly cant do that on normal SSD drives or HDD's.......So i can be worthwhile to have M.2 drives, its not all about playing games or working in an office, having multiple M.2 drives can speed up transfer etc by 10X+ etc.

Edited by Snuffs99
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you live near a microcenter you can pick up a 5600x at msrp $300.  Just got one myself and it's awesome.  Doesn't even notice I only have a 760gtx... in ET at least.

• Thanks 1
  • 100 1

19 hours ago, Haruhi Suzumiya said:

If you live near a microcenter you can pick up a 5600x at msrp $300.  Just got one myself and it's awesome.  Doesn't even notice I only have a 760gtx... in ET at least.

good too see u on jay2 even tho u hide from me whole map.lol  post up ur new pc specs . lets see the masters  sword!!!!

• Like 1