ET NQ #1 please allow us to say words such as "homosexual" and "homosapien" without getting automuted

platao

please allow us to say words such as "homosexual" and "homosapien" without getting automuted  

36 members have voted

1. 1. remove the word "homo" from auto-mute words

• Yes
    • No

I'm not really a fan of censoring and given ET is tech an 18 (17+ in some countries) it should consist of adults, sadly though some adults do behave like children and in this instance i have to totally disagree and say the word homo is not used in a non offensive way, ever.

ET is a shooting game so having discussions about any ones sexuality in main chat isn't really the place for it and IMHO the only reason to use the word "homo" would be to offend as it is a derogatory term.

I do get being muted using the entire word of homosexual could possibly be annoying as your muted for using the word "homo".....BUT again why the hell are you talking about homosexuals in main chat in the first place??

ET is not the place for discussions on ones sexuality

I voted No. 

• Like 4
  • 100 2

I ve gotta admit,

I didn´t thought you would come up with an account and request that poll, but you surprised me in a positive way @platao

anyway, i do get your point, and admit that the base word "homo" isnt offensive since its actually meaning "human or Man", 

but, players used it in the insulting context in the past, and still will do it in the future. 

1 minute mute is just a reminder that you can rethink for a minute if you really would like to say that out loud what you are going to say, or will say it next time.

if you do so, you might find out really quickly, that writing it differently will work anyway.

Keep in mind that we are running a big community and a global server, wich we try to provide fun for everyone. 

Therefore I think the benefit of a censoring it is bigger than having none at all.

i voted also with no

PS.

Good luck with your poll, and have a look at the forum, mate. Maybee you find taste in it and start liking it.

Also, have a look at this while you are here:

https://fearless-assassins.com/wiki/index.php/W:ET_Server_Rules

Edited by Vice86
  • 100 3

Agree:

I also think that there is no particular reason to discuss someones sexuality, race etc. in an egoshooter-mainchat. Even more while having this nice forum here. (Nevertheless I think it's refreshing to have the freedom to discuss topics to a certain degree and not only play since this game also lives through it's strong community)

Historically it is (more) often used as an insult in online games.

Although:

To censor the word "gay" or "homo" implies that it is a bad attribute and should be concealed somehow. Only by not censoring these words, a transformation to a normative use of these words is possible in the future.

By restricting the usage and even punishing it, it reinforces the understanding of these words as denunciations.

However, other expressions are not censored. Why do you rely on the evaluation of the admins for other insults and here there seems to be an automatism regarding muting a misconduct?

I see both sides. But imho freedom of expression plays a greater role than paternalism.

I think there are more important topics concerning the server and I'm not the one to decide but maybe high tier admins can re-evaluate this topic at some point.

xo K

• Like 2
  • 100 3

no racism and sexism is something that should not be allowed it's just asking for  this is gay or  something like that going on in chat once again more muting of trolls and more spam  so i say no we don't need that type of thing on the forums or on our servers 

image.png.b038588a955f5c27240f113ad2eb560c.png

and it does happen to be one of our rules to  i see racism and sexism as the same thing 

• Like 4
  • 100 1

• Platinum VIP
12 hours ago, *Kiba* said:

no racism and sexism is something that should not be allowed it's just asking for  this is gay or  something like that going on in chat once again more muting of trolls and more spam  so i say no we don't need that type of thing on the forums or on our servers 

image.png.b038588a955f5c27240f113ad2eb560c.png

and it does happen to be one of our rules to  i see racism and sexism as the same thing 

Sure wished that applied to those 2 contested VSAYS on Jay 2....

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, David Bowie said:

Just type something similar like you did for your p@$$w0rd, problem solved. 

You are certainly free to take that gamble and let us know how it worked out for you 😛

Id give this a no.

Reason behind that some people are sensitive then others words Like ho-mo can mean something different to other people 

censoring words is good in my opinion keeps the chat clean on et :)

Its also better for it to be censored less drama for admins to take care of Thats means more free time for ET :)