ET Jay #2 Speaking of Jay 2....

-=HipKat=-

• Platinum VIP
8 hours ago, captnconcrete said:

one thing that gets me is why these so called good players.  even play on jay2 . just whywhy.( ur playing jaymod  blown up hitboxes . wierd hitregistry. easymod. also back in the day easiest mod too cheat on.)

I don't mind good players coming to the servers. I don't get why good players use Adren. I mean, ET is an Ego game. Great players have always been ego-driven because they're great, so why use something to give you an advantage? It's like Tom Brady using Steriods.... why would he?? He's the best without them

7 hours ago, Barn!e said:

Hi

Spawn is offset on all maps by default :) 6 attacker 8 defender.

Regarding maps, we have a core of 15-20 that stay because they are the best voted. In the last year I have been changing them any new I add apart from maybe 2 get huge amounts of down votes. I then assume you guys dont like em so I take them off. Its why its so important that someone who plays a server manages the map pool. Letdown is on the case and will be taking over soon, happy to change some in the mean time I just need some feedback / suggestions. I cant just add huge maps because no one will play them when its quiet. my rant over.. :)

On the ones I mentioned, can we try to give Allies longer spawn times? Maybe 10 or 12 secs? The other map I forgot is the FA Oasis. Allies romp on that one usually, also and many times it gets done in less than 10 mins

7 hours ago, Gameplan said:

I've been shuffling much more lately because of the stacking or ppl leaving. Then warning ppl to stay on teams, but many move because they either only play one team or off/def. Been enforcing staying more by moving ppl back or spec if they keep moving back. Many times they eventually leave, but most of those aren't contributing anyway - just hate to see it happening.

I try to do the same. Sometimes I make mistakes putting people or moving myself (@El) but at least I try! 

Edited by -=HipKat=-

15 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

I don't mind good players coming to the servers. I don't get why good players use Adren. I mean, ET is an Ego game. Great players have always been ego-driven because they're great, so why use something to give you an advantage? It's like Tom Brady using Steriods.... why would he?? He's the best without them

This analogy only works if every other player uses steroids and Tom Brady is the only one not using them. You can see how quickly that would fall apart. Using adrenaline is fun just from the infinite stamina alone. Jay2 is an adrenaline server, you can't blame people for using it.

15 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

On the ones I mentioned, can we try to give Allies longer spawn times? Maybe 10 or 12 secs? The other map I forgot is the FA Oasis. Allies romp on that one usually, also and many times it gets done in less than 10 mins

I agree, I think some maps do need longer spawn times for Axis, the big one that comes to mind is Goldrush with how easy it is for Axis to just camp the bank, die, respawn, camp the bank. The 2nd tank barrier is a big wall too because of how close it is to the spawn and Axis can have up to 4 respawns before the dynamite explodes and then Allies need to fix the tank before Axis get the barrier. Maybe even just 10 seconds would make a lot of difference.

22 hours ago, Barn!e said:

Saw it here, also I have seen reports it wasnt working so not sure now...doh

I think lockput is just for silEnT servers? Could be wrong but I don't think we ever had it on Jay2.

23 hours ago, Barn!e said:

Regarding maps, we have a core of 15-20 that stay because they are the best voted. In the last year I have been changing them any new I add apart from maybe 2 get huge amounts of down votes. I then assume you guys dont like em so I take them off. Its why its so important that someone who plays a server manages the map pool. Letdown is on the case and will be taking over soon, happy to change some in the mean time I just need some feedback / suggestions. I cant just add huge maps because no one will play them when its quiet. my rant over.. :)

Yea it's not the greatest position to be in. You've been doing good work though :). I think we just need admins and regulars to post in the suggestion topic more often.

On 2/19/2021 at 2:03 PM, captnconcrete said:

i agree that jay2 isnt like it was. u get these rambos on one team its over . certain players  i wont name names but when there  on .. i joke oh we gonna lose for sure now cuz they havent a clue..lol i dont get mad persay when i gotta play against el! or mirror or betrayal.  i like the challenge but the low skill is horrid when its say me 4 of the lowskill against 5 good players.  everyone gets mad if i try to even it. an yes i agree spawn times arent right on most maps it  makes it easy for the rambos. last i checked  spawn isnt offset.

Team balance on Jay2 is difficult because of the skill level variance, it's unfortunate but I think the best way to deal with it is to get more players on the server.

Playing on Jay2 as an admin was miserable for me. When I'm on a team and people I'm playing against decide to leave, a lot of the times if I moved over scores would be heavily skewed in their favour and I rarely see regulars want to do anything about it. It usually ends with me going spec and that's my fun ruined. If I swap I'll just get accused of stacking or whatever. It's a big problem especially with all these people that will only play x team or only play if they're on the same team as their friend.

Side note: can we just permamute GRvW? Sick of this dude whining and insulting teammates every game.

Anyway that's my thoughts/experiences no one asked for 😂

• Thanks 1
  • 100 2

10 minutes ago, ElEl said:

This analogy only works if every other player uses steroids and Tom Brady is the only one not using them. You can see how quickly that would fall apart. Using adrenaline is fun just from the infinite stamina alone. Jay2 is an adrenaline server, you can't blame people for using it.

I agree, I think some maps do need longer spawn times for Axis, the big one that comes to mind is Goldrush with how easy it is for Axis to just camp the bank, die, respawn, camp the bank. The 2nd tank barrier is a big wall too because of how close it is to the spawn and Axis can have up to 4 respawns before the dynamite explodes and then Allies need to fix the tank before Axis get the barrier. Maybe even just 10 seconds would make a lot of difference.

I think lockput is just for silEnT servers? Could be wrong but I don't think we ever had it on Jay2.

Yea it's not the greatest position to be in. You've been doing good work though :). I think we just need admins and regulars to post in the suggestion topic more often.

Team balance on Jay2 is difficult because of the skill level variance, it's unfortunate but I think the best way to deal with it is to get more players on the server.

Playing on Jay2 as an admin was miserable for me. When I'm on a team and people I'm playing against decide to leave, a lot of the times if I moved over scores would be heavily skewed in their favour and I rarely see regulars want to do anything about it. It usually ends with me going spec and that's my fun ruined. If I swap I'll just get accused of stacking or whatever. It's a big problem especially with all these people that will only play x team or only play if they're on the same team as their friend.

Side note: can we just permamute GRvW? Sick of this dude whining and insulting teammates every game.

Anyway that's my thoughts/experiences no one asked for 😂

ill  see what can be done to grvw ..  yea i like it when ur on my team ur one of the only good medics who will actually heal .. i get a good laugh when i get in a 3v1 or so situation and some drened up medic jumps my dead body thinking there gonna take em out to only die also. i laugh my ass off everytime.lol u usually never do that u always heal. i love it.id  sit next to u in a real fox hole. anytime bud! it was a sad day when u quit.. u where possibly the best admin on jay2. but i sooooo know what u mean about the miserableness of it all. it does get trying.

Edited by captnconcrete
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum VIP
30 minutes ago, ElEl said:

This analogy only works if every other player uses steroids and Tom Brady is the only one not using them. You can see how quickly that would fall apart. Using adrenaline is fun just from the infinite stamina alone. Jay2 is an adrenaline server, you can't blame people for using it.[/quote]

Adren is just a matter of opinion and preference. I don't think either side, pro or con will ever budge

I think the best way to deal with it is to get more players on the server.

More players who are serious about fragging/Objective and nut just running around melee'g with flames, etc. Like dude posted in the other thread- last might was just a great night and good example of what makes Jay 2 what it is. I wish I knew the answer to bring more players to the server.

Other than a few maps where I have a preference and even then, I'll move if asked 99% of the time. Just gotta ask. Like most people,. I don't always watch scores or teams

A-FREAKING-MEN! Not to mention playing that stupid KKK song after every map over and over.

20 minutes ago, captnconcrete said:

ur one of the only good medics who will actually heal .. i get a good laugh when i get in a 3v1 or so situation and some drened up medic jumps my dead body thinking there gonna take em out to only die also. i laugh my ass off everytime.lol u usually never do that u always heal. 

Come on man, I missed you ONE Time!!! 😅 

Edited by -=HipKat=-

• Platinum VIP

Hey, other than those brief periods where I get bitchy, thanks to Jay 2 playe5rs and admins for making ET fun again for me. It hadn't been in some years.

Edited by -=HipKat=-
  • Like 1
  • 100 1

23 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

Adren is just a matter of opinion and preference. I don't think either side, pro or con will ever budge

More players who are serious about fragging/Objective and nut just running around melee'g with flames, etc. Like dude posted in the other thread- last might was just a great night and good example of what makes Jay 2 what it is. I wish I knew the answer to bring more players to the server.

Other than a few maps where I have a preference and even then, I'll move if asked 99% of the time. Just gotta ask. Like most people,. I don't always watch scores or teams

A-FREAKING-MEN! Not to mention playing that stupid KKK song after every map over and over.

Come on man, I missed you ONE Time!!! 😅 

i wasnt even thinking about you .lolol u did heal me last time we played . i was amazed.lol

Edited by captnconcrete
  • Haha 1

• Platinum VIP
1 hour ago, captnconcrete said:

i wasnt even thinking about you .lolol u did heal me last time we played . i was amazed.lol

Not like it wasn't the first time, unless you didn't know any of my Aliases

22 minutes ago, -=HipKat=- said:

Not like it wasn't the first time, unless you didn't know any of my Aliases

i always check ips. new names its my job. ur  ping/xp usually gives u away.lol we had alot of fun last couple times we played together. now if we could just keep the carrier medic raters off jay2 it would even be more fun.

• 100 1