ET Jay #2 Speaking of Jay 2....

-=HipKat=-

• Platinum VIP

Few things I wanted to get off my chest.

Maps

I've mentioned before and I would like to see other's thoughts on some of the maps that seem to almost always have the same outcome.

Venice, Bremen, Streets of Italy, Pirates - I've never seen Allies lose these maps and usually it's in a pretty short time. Definitely way before map time ends. There are maps that one team mostly wins or loses and that's part of the game, but it's not so easy these listed. Braundorf, Supply and Special Delivery, for example. Those maps usually turn out the same way, but not always so quickly. Maybe just look at Spawn times?

Also, my timing sucks! I look at the map list and I seem to never get to play many of them. Example, I never seen BBA Castle on there since @Barn!e added it. 

Game Play

When I first started playing Jay 2 full time last year, remember, I was on here and on the server often commenting about how I loved Jay 2 because it was just more competitive and intense where Jay 1 was more of a free-for-all style of playing. Lately, I see a lot of things that frustrated me on Jay 1 starting to show up on Jay 2. 1 map last night - 3 people using M97. A lot more gas and Flame-users. (YES! Those are my pet-peeves, I know!!). Gas, I don't really care about so much and flame is just flame. Whatever. I remember Renegade coming on Jay 2 last summer and running around with Flame and it seemed so out of p[ace for the server and now I see it on every map. At least it's just one per team. I only hate Flame because it blocks vision and I missed a solid heal on  @Gameplan to secure the Objective. That's just a personal annoyance. I do have a suggestion in here. Possible to limit M97 to one per team?

Just a note, I always had a hard time keeping real life outside of other things and I know I been grouchy lately. My kids' mother dropped my 2 teenage girls on me full time and it's a big financial hit at the time of year that work is the slowest so money is really tight. I mean, did you guys know Teenagers like food?? Who knew??? lol

Plus, on the game, I can see age taking it's toll on my gameplay -rapidly - so it's frustrating. My reflexes are slowing, my arm gets cramped (which i9s weird). Getting old SUCKS!!!!

I just want to apologize for being a turd occasionally. If I start bitching too much, someone just remind me that I'm getting bitchy. Many times I really don't notice it, but I'll try to catch myself.

• Like 2

Give me the map thats most popular and ill add BBA after that. it doesnt load as it needs 10 v 10 or its just too big.

M97's I'll have a look at what it is currently as I have only just been given access to that kind of setting.

On your note. Make sure game station is setup correctly shoulder and arm pain are a red flag. seat, monitor height and so on. If you have your kids full time I would see it as an opportunity, gaming will always be there but kids wont always be kids. I would also get an eye test maybe you need some glasses :).. I ended up with some and I game and laptop so much my eyes now ache after an hour :(   When you get annoyed do what I do go spec and take a break.

it works for me and Im 51.

• Like 5
  • 100 2

4 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

I only hate Flame because it blocks vision and I missed a solid heal on  @Gameplan to secure the Objective. That's just a personal annoyance. I do have a suggestion in here. Possible to limit M97 to one per team?

I hate the shotty too, but you have to give them space so the spray doesn't kill you and fire back. ez to defend if you're not aggressive with them. Not a fan of limiting them either. I do think flames and panzers should be, but not shotties. Also, there were a lot of nubs on yesterday not playing obj and taking space. Frustrating sure, but maybe if us exp. ppl help them, they get better. I remember @Santos FC was an ez kill every time, but not anymore! Sorry to single you out, man...just using you as a recent example and it is a compliment :)

And I only gave you shit at the time for missing the heal - I can only see my perspective and not yours so don't worry about it. Map done, move on. I don't always revive when I have obj and you clearly weren't clear. I should have shut up. Been saying that a lot lately. Seems as we age, our filter is lost like our skills.

Yes, what Barnie said. There are things that help. This game has permanently damaged my wrist, but I play on. Ice, ergonomics help, but don't fix. Take a break, see a doc, get a brace to name a few things. Just tell the doc you hurt it jerking off and not playing ET - he might actually be more willing to help.

And having your kids is always a blessing as much as an annoyance. My 23yr old moved in. Glad I can help, but yeah, she eats a metric shit ton! I'd truck in food and take a second on the house to get to see her face everyday.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • 100 1

5 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

Game Play

When I first started playing Jay 2 full time last year, remember, I was on here and on the server often commenting about how I loved Jay 2 because it was just more competitive and intense where Jay 1 was more of a free-for-all style of playing. Lately, I see a lot of things that frustrated me on Jay 1 starting to show up on Jay 2.

I agree with you @HipKat that Jay 2 at times seems like Jay 1, especially with numerous rambo medics and corner camping panzers. I don't mind the flamers so much as they can be a tactical advantage when teams are defending the objective closely. I do not think that flamers or panzers should factor into games that are 4 on 4 or less. Regardless, of my opinion, as long as these weapons are available, players will use them. I think that @Gameplan is correct when he says 

37 minutes ago, Gameplan said:

you have to give them space so the spray doesn't kill you and fire back. ez to defend if you're not aggressive with them

I, along with many other admins, try to keep Jay 2 as an objective orientated server. Sometimes, players come onto the server and challenge that style of game play. There is not much that we can do except to be the example and work the objective for each map. That is why I play engineer about 95% of the time. Engis blow things up, build, and fix stuff so as to move the game forward. I say this frequently it is hard to shoot with pliers :). I hope that other players will get the hint and play the objective, which many seem to do, which makes the maps competitive. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose when it comes to game play during the day and with the map rotation.

I understand having family issues and getting old. Take care of your family first. Tom Brady is an old fart still playing his game. He is not my role model but his example provides for us a model of finding ways to still play the game. If the game annoys you, go spec. I do. When you want to play ET, we welcome you to join us on Jay 2. I know that as admins we try to keep the train rolling down the tracks and make the maps fun and enjoyable for all.  

• Like 2
  • 100 1

• Platinum VIP
8 hours ago, Barn!e said:

Give me the map thats most popular and ill add BBA after that. it doesnt load as it needs 10 v 10 or its just too big.

M97's I'll have a look at what it is currently as I have only just been given access to that kind of setting.

On your note. Make sure game station is setup correctly shoulder and arm pain are a red flag. seat, monitor height and so on. If you have your kids full time I would see it as an opportunity, gaming will always be there but kids wont always be kids. I would also get an eye test maybe you need some glasses :).. I ended up with some and I game and laptop so much my eyes now ache after an hour :(   When you get annoyed do what I do go spec and take a break.

it works for me and Im 51.

Two things that you hit on are one, I need a new chair. Mine isn't broken or anything but it doesn't raise up anymore so I'm a little bit lower than I like to be and two, my glasses are old about 3 years, I need new ones in that could be why I'm having a harder time focusing on my crosshairs. As far as castle, I did not know that it needed that many players to load.

@Gameplan I think you're right about as we age, are still fade and so do our filters LOL. I usually try to heal everybody I see and sometimes I miss people and I just missed you and because of everything else going on I took it a little harder than I normally would have I guess.

I totally appreciate all the replies on here, you guys are awesome

One other thing, about my kids, they're two teenage girls who I have been in a war with their mom about visitation and custody and child support and everything else for about 10 years and all of a sudden last week she decided they could come and live with me for 6 months which is a big mistake on her part because this will end up being where I get full custody of my kids. not to get into all my personal business but what you guys are saying is true, I totally love having them around and is really part of the reason why I haven't been on the server so much lately other than last week when I was on vacation.

Edited by -=HipKat=-
  • Like 3
  • 100 1

I would say and you might not believe it but.. If you have been fighting about visitation etc.. your positive visualization got you what you want. The mind is like soil it will grow any seed you put there it doesnt care if its positive or negative it will still grow it. If you spend time focused on bills and worrying it will just give you more bills. I have been visualizing me driving a ferrari, give it time and I might get one lol.. If the world gives you lemons make lemonade..

Almost forgot I added a line so 3 shotguns max per team. If it gets annoying let me know.!

Edited by Barn!e
  • Like 1

• Platinum VIP
2 hours ago, Barn!e said:

I would say and you might not believe it but.. If you have been fighting about visitation etc.. your positive visualization got you what you want. The mind is like soil it will grow any seed you put there it doesnt care if its positive or negative it will still grow it. If you spend time focused on bills and worrying it will just give you more bills. I have been visualizing me driving a ferrari, give it time and I might get one lol.. If the world gives you lemons make lemonade..

Almost forgot I added a line so 3 shotguns max per team. If it gets annoying let me know.!

Only because it's normally less than 10v10, 1 M97 per team wouldn't be better?

In the meantime...

Edited by -=HipKat=-
  • Haha 2

• Platinum VIP
4 minutes ago, Barn!e said:

I have put 3 because bots are fond of shotty. So the human that might want to use it cant.. 1 is too low mate soz.

Yeah, those bots LOL that's another story. They're too damn accurate with that thing!! 😁😁

one thing that gets me is why these so called good players.  even play on jay2 . just whywhy.( ur playing jaymod  blown up hitboxes . wierd hitregistry. easymod. also back in the day easiest mod too cheat on.)

i agree that jay2 isnt like it was. u get these rambos on one team its over . certain players  i wont name names but when there  on .. i joke oh we gonna lose for sure now cuz they havent a clue..lol i dont get mad persay when i gotta play against el! or mirror or betrayal.  i like the challenge but the low skill is horrid when its say me 4 of the lowskill against 5 good players.  everyone gets mad if i try to even it. an yes i agree spawn times arent right on most maps it  makes it easy for the rambos. last i checked  spawn isnt offset.

i would like to say this if u can run to your enemies spawn and kill half there team ur prolly on wrong team.

your really only getting 130 kills dieing 4 times cuz ur stacking teams. this has been the norm on jay2.   part my fault cuz i just assume those rambos with fa tags know how to use there tabs key as good as there right mouse button. seen it 3 map yesterday.. in arrow. an everytime some one waits till last 3 mins then moves. u shoulda moved  10 mins ago.no one likes to be rickrolled. an do i really gotta hold ur hand.  if u think oh i shoulda moved u prolly shoulda map or two ago.lol my self i actually like to play et not just moderate server.

shottie doesnt bother me .  an yes it is time for some new maps. not just a few its time for  alot to be changed. one thing has been on my mind.. is if u go feild opps. it only works if your the only one. some one else goes fo it is point less u cant ever use arty or airstrike cuz . they just spam it .seems to also be the class people with no clue how to use it  pick.

hipkat everyone here knows u bud u been around alongtime.. i never take offense to your outburst. cuz i know u.. im just happy u come on forums and speak ur mind..  i hate the ones on server freaking out and then never come here.

when i am on i will try to keep it more even people wont like it but . im gonna do it anyway. im sick of seeing top shots all on one side rolling over attacking team.

the team play is way down. the ramboing is way up.  time to put my foot down. shuffle / not all topshots on one team. an most of the ramboing doesnt even help other players. medics are supposed to cover fire for engineers . and heal teammates not run to closes corner by enemies spawn and kill kill kill somemore. i am also sick of all the cheatcalling.  i get pms  worse then the crap they type in main.lol if  anyone feels some one is cheating come here make a report. dont flood the main chat with crybaby shit .. ima start muting these people alot more.i found it rather rude how mirror got treated yesterday. hes good but hes far from the best!!!!!!my noob ass killed him.manytimes.lol

• Like 2
  • 100 1

Hi

Spawn is offset on all maps by default :) 6 attacker 8 defender.

Regarding maps, we have a core of 15-20 that stay because they are the best voted. In the last year I have been changing them any new I add apart from maybe 2 get huge amounts of down votes. I then assume you guys dont like em so I take them off. Its why its so important that someone who plays a server manages the map pool. Letdown is on the case and will be taking over soon, happy to change some in the mean time I just need some feedback / suggestions. I cant just add huge maps because no one will play them when its quiet. my rant over.. :)

Edited by Barn!e
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, captnconcrete said:

time to put my foot down. shuffle / not all topshots on one team. 

I've been shuffling much more lately because of the stacking or ppl leaving. Then warning ppl to stay on teams, but many move because they either only play one team or off/def. Been enforcing staying more by moving ppl back or spec if they keep moving back. Many times they eventually leave, but most of those aren't contributing anyway - just hate to see it happening.

Edited by Gameplan
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Gameplan said:

I've been shuffling much more lately because of the stacking or ppl leaving. Then warning ppl to stay on teams, but many move because they either only play one team or off/def. Been enforcing staying more by moving ppl back or spec if they keep moving back. Many times they eventually leave, but most of those aren't contributing anyway - just hate to see it happening.

I echo your comments. I think that shuffling helps to break the team stacking pattern, which is contrary to objective-based game play. I ask people frequently to balance the teams and move some if needed. They jump back and so it goes. I do not like it either and think that we have several good objective based players on Jay2. At times though it is not fun being the only engi on a team . . . I hope we can change things and improve the game. 

• 100 2