bit of advice please

Cookiemonster912

probably the best way is to open the console make sure the private message is on the screen and take a screenshot by pressing F11  then u will find the screenshot saved in the mod folder   eg. silent or jaymod folder

• Like 1

if was me i would just do /autoscreenshot for said  pm u want to see . if u want to dump the whole log everyones chat u can do /condump  logs.txt not sure if condump will show all pms tho have to test this out.

• 100 1

1 hour ago, Cookiemonster912 said:

is there a way of logging private messages like you can with the chat log at all

thanks in advance

why is some one messing with u lets us know if thats the case!

• Like 1
  • 100 1

18 hours ago, captnconcrete said:

u can do /condump  logs.txt not sure if condump will show all pms tho have to test this out.

Condump gives everything you see in the console in game mate so would include PM's

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/13/2021 at 10:30 PM, captnconcrete said:

why is some one messing with u lets us know if thats the case!

yes but i dont know who it is and im tring to find the person keeps changing name guid and etkey and struggling a bit

and i dint seem to have the om logs anywhere

Add these 2 cvars below and you find etconsole.log inside your mod folder (silent,nq,jaymod...). Note that it will be overwritten once you close the game and connect back the next time. You can just copy the log file and save it for later viewing. Another way is to autorecord demo, but it takes a lot of space from harddrive, so you should delete demos regularly. Cvar for this is set cg_autoAction "1"

set cg_logFile "1" <--- not sure if this is needed or if the below cvar does the trick
set logfile "1"

• Like 1
  • 100 1

51 minutes ago, RendeL said:

Add these 2 cvars below and you find etconsole.log inside your mod folder (silent,nq,jaymod...). Note that it will be overwritten once you close the game and connect back the next time. You can just copy the log file and save it for later viewing. Another way is to autorecord demo, but it takes a lot of space from harddrive, so you should delete demos regularly. Cvar for this is set cg_autoAction "1"

set cg_logFile "1" <--- not sure if this is needed or if the below cvar does the trick
set logfile "1"

yes it both to set like like on my nitmod.cfg

• Like 1

So do you have the logfile inside your nitmod folder?

Now that I looked, it may be that if you run ET Legacy, a log file doesn't save or the cvar for that is different. If anyone can confirm this, would be great.

On 2.60b I found a logfile inside my nitmod folder...

26 minutes ago, RendeL said:

So do you have the logfile inside your nitmod folder?   no

Now that I looked, it may be that if you run ET Legacy, a log file doesn't save or the cvar for that is different. If anyone can confirm this, would be great.

On 2.60b I found a logfile inside my nitmod folder...

no log file  and no  i use normal et

As rendel said, set cg_autoaction 1.  You should see a small white bar of text saying a demo is recording at the top of your screen so double check while playing to be sure.  You can also hit f12 to start a demo when they start messaging you.

Someone can help you upload or send a demo to an admin next time it happens.

Also, make a note of the time and server and an admin might be able to look through the logs if all else fails.