Windows New Graphic card and black screen

Sphalman

Update!

I update the BIOS to F16.

Disabled driver enforcement

Update every single Mobo driver

Try booting PC with just compulsaory devices, and, when Windows should start, power supply to the card switches off (led off and fans turn off).

Now I'm starting to think about a PSU problem...

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Sphalman said:

Didn't uderstand 100% of what you wrote, I'm dumb. Why did my Nvidia card work till october and now doesn't?

I can boot to safe mode with Nitro, np.

I got the last stable BIOS, F16, don't want to risk a Beta one just for minor adjustaments.

Still no improvment...

Every now and again microshaft release a large "update" which is basically a new version of windows thats installed on top of the one you had. When they release large updates they tend to drop support for some older devices.

As you are able to get into safe mode, boot to safe mode then remove all ati drivers. Once all drivers are removed boot to normal windows and windows will install generic drivers or older ati ones via windows update. If its stable and boots then download the newest drivers direct from ati

https://www.amd.com/en/support

Go from there.

Edited by Snuffs99
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sphalman said:

Update!

I update the BIOS to F16.

Disabled driver enforcement

Update every single Mobo driver

Try booting PC with just compulsaory devices, and, when Windows should start, power supply to the card switches off (led off and fans turn off).

Now I'm starting to think about a PSU problem...

thats propably the reason why it worked for me and smulti with the all new reinstall over the old one since installing in safemode failed. 

The oct Windows had almost all my drivers aboard, so i only had to install the newest gfx drivers over the original from Windows.

@Sphalman 

yes i would still try the reinstall of windows before checking any hardware at all.

you can also try snuffs secure mode suggestions, but it didnt work for me, and by the amount of time you try and fail, you can also install win 10 from a stick, this took maybee 20 min for me, and also rules every  other software aka driver Problem out. 

then you can still go for the hardware.

• Thanks 1
  • 100 1

There does come a point where trying to fix the issue takes so long that a clean install is by far the easier and quicker solution, or possible solution.

Once you have tried the safe mode options then yeah i'd go for the clean install simply because its not worth the time its taken to try and fix the problem. A clean install wil either work or it wont but we cross that bridge when we get there. 

GL and let us know how it goes.

• 100 1

• 3 weeks later...

@Sphalman did you manage to resolve this issue?

Did u set the primary display in BIOS to PCI-x16?

Does your motherboard have a vga/dvi/hdmi port?

Edited by kYmo

5 minutes ago, kYmo said:

@Sphalman did you manage to resolve this issue?

Did u set the primary display in BIOS to PCI-x16?

Does your motherboard have a vga/dvi/hdmi port?

Not yet. Still same problem.

I followed every advices, no luck at the moment.

I just think that the new Windows update cutted out compatibility with some parts of my old PC.

Thinking about getting a new Mobo and CPU. Any advice about it?

1 minute ago, Sphalman said:

Not yet. Still same problem.

I followed every advices, no luck at the moment.

I just think that the new Windows update cutted out compatibility with some parts of my old PC.

Thinking about getting a new Mobo and CPU. Any advice about it?

All depends on your budget buddy... use https://pcpartpicker.com/ so you don't run into any compatibility issues with your current setup.

AMD Ryzen 3 3300X is a nice budget cpu you can find a decent bundle on amazon, just make sure your current ram is supported if you plan on keeping it.

• Thanks 1