Ping issue

Eazy

17 minutes ago, RedBaird said:

@daredevil Eazy is having an odd lag to jay1 but not to jay2.  My own WinMtr results for each server are normal and have no abnormal lag.

@Eazy When we post our winMTR results in public, we usually hide our network IP, just as a security and privacy  precaution.  That would be the one below the 192.168.x.x .

Thanks Redb ! I changed the pics soo ip is hidden . Sorry for that , didn t know 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Leader
8 hours ago, Eazy said:

, didn t know 

No need for "sorrow"! :D  You can pass that tip along in the future. 

It is an Internet precaution.  

• Thanks 1
  • 100 1

Soo i played all day and it seems to have solved by itself..  my ping is back to normal on jay1 . 

Not sur what happend, i tried a lot of cvars , erased client , installed new client, erased and re installed cfg , erased ip stack .... nothing seems to work at that moment 🤷‍♂️  . But it s all good today .. 

Interweb mystery

Thanks 

• Like 1
  • 100 1

Hi everyone,

Same issue here.. since some weeks, I have usually +100 ping but not everytime. Sometimes it helps to restart the router. Also this issue is only on f|a recruiting and none else, do you guys run some new config?!

Can´t tell what it is, ping within router seems fine (12) also from several websites (13-14). Should result in 120 on f|a 1, on all other f|a servers everything is fine (like it was the last 100 years), and nothing on my side changed, wasn´t even home.

Thanks in advance

Fritz

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Noir said:

Hi everyone,

Same issue here.. since some weeks, I have usually +100 ping but not everytime. Sometimes it helps to restart the router. Also this issue is only on f|a recruiting and none else, do you guys run some new config?!

Can´t tell what it is, ping within router seems fine (12) also from several websites (13-14). Should result in 120 on f|a 1, on all other f|a servers everything is fine (like it was the last 100 years), and nothing on my side changed, wasn´t even home.

Thanks in advance

Fritz

Hey Noir! Have you try GHARIB suggestion? Give it a try if you haven t already 

• Leader
4 hours ago, Noir said:

Sometimes it helps to restart the router. Also this issue is only on f|a recruiting and none else,

Yes, I have had Internet problems where I tried power-cycling my gateway and only restarting the computer "fixed" the problem.  (or was it just a coincidence? he, he).

The difference here is that I had problems with all servers and sites, not just one F|A server.  That is the mystery.

I did a winMTR shortly after Eazy posted here and my results for Jay#1 and Jay#2 were normal.   My route also showed that 50.x.x.x, the two "no replies" and the server at the end.  Mine showed comcast.ibone's through New York, with  'normal' pings.

When I read of problems like this, I am reminded of the time several years ago when Jay#1, which was in Chicago at the time, could not be connected to via Comcast from the West Coast USA.  I thought that it was just me until I ran across @LeftWingVixen on another server and she said that she had the same problem via Comcast 1500km to my north.  Then I discovered another victim in the Eastern USA, so I contacted DareDevil, who contacted the GameHost provider, who discovered that they had a problem with Comcast...for some mysterious reason. :D 

BTW, there are many times that I wish that our website had a :hmm reaction available.

Transient problems are the Worst Kind, as your automobile mechanic will tell you some day. 

(Oh, yes, I am in a "chatty-Charlie' mode now.)

• Like 1

Finally , my problem s not solved. I m still having unstable ping on jay 1 .  i got thoses info like suggested in DD post .  Maby that will help find my issue

Statistiques Ping pour 8.9.4.227:
    Paquets : envoyés = 429, reçus = 429, perdus = 0 (perte 0%),
Durée approximative des boucles en millisecondes :
    Minimum = 29ms, Maximum = 244ms, Moyenne = 36ms
Ctrl+C

pc infos :

processor Intel i5-8300H cpu 

2.30Ghz 

12.0 Go Ram (11,8Go usable) 

1x  112Go ssd 

1x 1TB Hdd

graph card : NVIDIA 1050 

on wifi 

i use router 

Et Version 2.60b 

internet speed : 31.13mbps -ping 14ms

Edited by Eazy

Hey All,

I typically ping around 30-40 on Jay 1 and I have been having the same issue and it started sometime within the last two weeks.

I didn't play at all two weeks ago, but when I came back I was pinging at 130-190 with constant red spikes on the lagometer and constant background lag. It is unplayable at times as players just chop around the screen.

I reached out to Tipsy today and he said there was a post on the forums so I am backing it.

This only occurs on Jay 1. I have reset all of my configs and tried settings things with no improvement.

I have swapped routers, swapped cables, etc.

I am located in Charlotte, North Carolina

I use ET Legacy to play

I have ATT for internet internet.

I have no issues with anything on the internet other than just this one server.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/8 my ping was higher (145) in the afternoon and that evening it went back down to 55. Ever since then it has been 145 - 156 spiking up to 213. It may have been lagging prior to 8/8 as well but I cannot look back that far.

Not sure if that helps you isolate any changes that occurred.

• Like 1

Tonight 8/14/20 I started playing around 8:50EST and my ping was normal (low) sometime around the second game it jumped back up to 140 with tremendous lag. Just FYI it's an intermittent issue that's still occurring.

• Like 1