GPU

CaRaNo

Well ... this turned up today and for some reason, I already kinda regret it

Saw on youtube earlier that the 30 series (Ampere) will be released in July. I thought with this unmentionable think thats going round , had put all new gpu's back to 2021 - I guess i was wrong

Still Im going to install it later - I suppose it will last a year or 2  

IMG_20200415_181547_resized_20200415_083759694.jpg

• Love 1

Bit of a bummer and always the sort of thing that happens to me.....saying that its doubtful that 2080 super will have issues playing anything for a few years and its also doubtful the 30 series will be a huge jump up from that, usually only small jumps with top range cards so dont feel too bad.

Cheers m8, if I hadn't seen that vid, I'd be dead happy, just wrong time, an hour before it turns up. I'm happy really, put me on a downer seeing that lol

I bought cos I was just thinking about maybe upgrading gp and saw that many of the online stores were running out or low stock, and thought if I didn't get 1 now they were all going to go up in price as selling out. I don't know wot its like where u guys live, but getting low in UK. I know its because of this lockdown thing but even so... 

1 hour ago, CaRaNo said:

I bought cos I was just thinking about maybe upgrading gp and saw that many of the online stores were running out or low stock, and thought if I didn't get 1 now they were all going to go up in price as selling out. I don't know wot its like where u guys live, but getting low in UK. I know its because of this lockdown thing but even so... 

Haha they are getting low on stock as they try to get rid of the older cards in prep for the newer ones is all. I too am in the UK and will be getting a 2000 series card myself once price drops a bit more. :D  Saying that and knowing my luck i wont be able to get one as i'll leave it too late. lol

lol all u need is a paper clip and some chewing gum to play et.lol $$$$$$ ill take some  . what was ur old card.i sure could use a upgrade.lolmy gpu is a 660gtx .

hopefully u show us that beast in the  machine pulling 7 billion fps in et.lol

• Like 1

old card was 5700xt - ET isnt the ony game I play btw :) Just played Metro Exodus with extreme graphic settings and rt enabled. looks awesome

fps locked at 165 for ET

Played a few games now with it and Im really happy with it so no regrets .. .. yet

• Like 2