-50 time nudge

tipsy

Negative values of timenudge make you harder to hit, just like low maxpackets.

Agreed...Ive played with normal pingers that use a -nudge and when they remove it you can see considerable difference.

IIRC it was changed to -50 a long time back.

Tipsy, do you lag more or less with -50 timenudge? Can you try to test it? Would like to see result of that with 350 ping. :)

Don't know didn't able to notice much after trying setting of -50 cl nudge :| , but I told bosshk to use it and I notice him missing shots pretty much . In one situation bosshk shot a guy on a height , he shot back too ... but noticeable thing was that guy goes unhit while i saw bullet hitting him clearly and the shot he made successfully hitted bosshk leaving him with 40hp something .

Interesting topic, but how does timenudge effect mortaring?

jack off you fatty bastard :stfu:noob

Agreed...Ive played with normal pingers that use a -nudge and when they remove it you can see considerable difference.

That is very much expected result when you force players to change settings they are used to. Has nothing to do with them being hittable or not. They just wont hit you. The debated effect of negative cl_timenudge being a cheat is do the players get advantage seeing other player positions up to 50 ms sooner then with 0 timenudge. Generally the setting is not considered a cheat and implementing restrictions for it are left on server admins themself. (i.e. Not enforced by punkbuster or PBBans) I have read somewhere, sorry i don't remember where, that cl_timenudge up to -20 is still acceptable for it's original purpose. That is to synchronise with other players when having a bad connection. By acceptable I mean that if player really needs to use -50, maybe he should at that point consider getting better connection or moving next to the server.

Well since the time nudge discussion has been put out there, why is it on jay2 we can't edit them and yet some people have -50

I don't think the prediction benefit in using a -50 time-nudge would be as beneficial on jay 2 due to jay2 having pb disabled and the cost in smoothness from the -50 time-nudge.

So on Jay2 I would say your time-nudge didn't matter as much.

If you have a read only message when you try to change your time-nudge, you have to change it before connection to the server, but this is normally with etpub and I don't think it happens on jaymod.

Cvars should always be forced IMHO as it saves a lot of shite. 90% of the time its all the many different values of maxpackets, snaps, nudge etc that players have ingame which confuse the fook out of things and make a lot of the lags on servers to start.

Certainly with NQ, snaps, maxpackets and nudge should be forced otherwise it can lag out and you end up with what i call "blank bullets" where you know your on target and your enemy should be dead yet your bullets just dont connect. During the dev of NQ 1.2.3 onwards you could notice differences in lags when those values were not forced, once everyone was on the same settings it made for a much smoother game all round lag wise and because those values were forced there was no "you've got nudge on" or "you and your 30 maxpackets" whine etc..

Ultimately though its ping that matters, you have a 150-200 ping and you go one on one with someone who is just as good as yourself yet they have a nice 20 ping then your gonna be dead.... simple as really and no amount of nudge is gonna help your cause.

Re:

KiN

Edited by KiN

• Administrators

cl_maxpackets 30 = 30% of your hitbox size! :yahoo

From where you get your facts? I just lol'd at your comment.

From my personal "change each cvar one at a time and see what happens" testing I have found that -20 timenudge works "better" for me than -50. I have a low ping (usually around 50) but my reflexes are slower so it helps a lot.