Problem with my graphics card

Hanswurst

"have you tried updating the divers?"

No

"How old is ur vid card anyway?"

I think 3-4 years old

I have read in the Internet that if you bake the graphics card in the oven, it'll work again. Would that be stupid or would it be worth a try?

I have read in the Internet that if you bake the graphics card in the oven, it'll work again. Would that be stupid or would it be worth a try?

That would be very stupid. Try updating your drivers from the site your Graphic Card comes from. If this does not work, the problem is probably the hardware itself.

"have you tried updating the dirvers?"

"Try updating your drivers from the site your Graphic Card comes from"

You both were right. I updated the drivers and it works. There are no dots anymore

Thank you very much vAin and Gigabyte :)

• Administrators

Only reason to bake a vid card is if you notice that solder has cracked on certain connections, thats usually done because people are too cheap to get proper soldering iron.

Bummer to hear.

I noticed you haven't provided any temperatures for your card. If your unsure of how to get them I recommend two programs which I use that work well for their purpose. Plus they are free.

HWMonitor simply monitors hardware temp, voltages and fan speeds. It's a pretty easy program to install, and you can have it save to a log file for later reference. Otherwise just start it up prior to a game and make note of the temps, then game for a bit until the artifacting appears, exit game and make note of the max temp on your GPU. You can find it here http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

Another more video focused program is Furmark. It's a Videocard benchmarking program. You can set it up in a few different variations, but it will give you a chance to see how the temps on your card look while being stressed severely. You can get it here http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/

I'm sure there are other, perhaps better programs but these have worked well for me.