[FIXED - READ FIRST POST] TXT ERROR/CRASH

4estw1zzard
Go to solution Solved by rambozo37,

• Leader

Thanks Much, @CheepHeep I seem to have gotten confused when scanning for the F-pk3 files in my etmain folder.  I seem to have mentally latched onto "fabase" instead of "fa_baserace".  :( 💤

At least you and @rambozo37 had your brains working correctly today. 🧠 + 🧠 = 🍕

Yes, my fa_baserace-v1 file-date is also 18 January, the date of our last GameDay.   I have no idea why I have not had the same problem as others reported here.  GameDay visitors would not have downloaded that file unless the server started playing it while they were there, so there is no telling how many have the map and then had or did not have "The Troubles." 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, rambozo37 said:

Pamiętam, że grałem w baserace na NQ w dniu gry. Przed meczem nie miałem żadnych problemów, więc jestem w 100% pewien, że go tam dostałem.

this was the map: D, I think I even added Sreen from it: D

• Leader

I fixed that version of fa_baserace if you ever want to use it in server. It was sound > misc > menu2.wav sound that was bugged. After removing this part of the pk3 game doesn't crash anymore.

Would need to test it before making it live... if it ever does :P

fa_baserace_v2_fixed.pk3

Edited by rambozo37
grammar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Leader
20 hours ago, rambozo37 said:

ok after multiple tests I found this file to be the one making my game crash

In etmain folder > fa_baserace_v1.pk3

I removed 81 maps earlier and then my game was not crashing anymore. I slowly re-add the maps until I get a crash and narrow it down to this map. So now I replaced all 80 maps except this one and my game is ok. Every time I put it back it crashes. Just to make sure I removed all 80 maps again and just put that one and get a crash.

If I am not wrong I got that maps from NQ

14 hours ago, rambozo37 said:

I fixed that version of fa_baserace if you ever want to use it in server. It was sound > misc > menu2.wav sound that was bugged. After removing this part of the pk3 game doesn't crash anymore.

Would need to test it before making it live... if it ever does :P

fa_baserace_v2_fixed.pk3 7.65 MB · 0 downloads

19 hours ago, rambozo37 said:

I remember playing baserace on NQ at gameday. I did not have any problems before gameday so I am 100% sure I got it there.

I believe that DareDevil has moved these Very Important Posts from the 'rear' of this topic onto the first page so that future readers will see them right away, instead of having to 'wade through' all the other posts that we had made here.  :D

BOY, was I CONFUSED again when I saw his "posted 14 hours ago" post on the first page, in the middle of the 7 January posts! :o 

I quoted them back to here, where they are in a more 'natural order' for those of us who had been reading and posting here recently. :D 

@rambozo37 Thank you for searching through the original file and finding the WAV-file problem.  I had planned to try something similar today, but had forgotten that I had perm-deleted that file yesterday! Oh, No!  (That is totally contrary to my usual methods!) 

AW, CRAP!  My quotes are out of order here! :(

Edited by RedBaird
our of order, Your Honor!
  • Like 1

I play NQ1 more or less daily and fa_baserace_v1 is still on there so no point in me removing it as it will just download again the next time its on.

Have to add though that i DO NOT have problems on FA NQ1, i only have the same crash problems as others ( T,Y or esc) on other NQ servers but doing a \vid_restart when i join other NQ servers stops the crashes for the remaining time i'm connected.

• Thanks 1

• Leader
Just now, CheepHeep said:

@RedBaird Do you think we should remove the map for now? Or upload rambozo's one fixed version?

just to be 100% sure, test it before using it. I am pretty sure it will work but never know.

• Leader
3 minutes ago, Snuffs99 said:

I play NQ1 more or less daily and fa_baserace_v1 is still on there so no point in me removing it as it will just download again the next time its on.

Have to add though that i DO NOT have problems on FA NQ1, i only have the same crash problems as others ( T,Y or esc) on other NQ servers but doing a \vid_restart when i join other NQ servers stops the crashes for the remaining time i'm connected.

Was it on the server Before Gameday?  My downloaded file was for 18 January.  I did not have problems on the other servers after that day.

Just now, CheepHeep said:

@RedBaird Do you think we should remove the map for now? Or upload rambozo's one fixed version?

Daredevil or whoever else has access to the map-redirect-download server will have to make the changes.  I would use Rambozo's Ver#2, after he and/or we finish testing it.  Actually, people who did have the problem and for whom removing the version#1 'fixed' their problem could  download the V2 from here and just add it to their etmain as a test.

3 minutes ago, RedBaird said:

Was it on the server Before Gameday?  My downloaded file was for 18 January.  I did not have problems on the other servers after that day.

Yes it was mate, mines dated 27/10/2019

• Thanks 1

• Leader
2 minutes ago, rambozo37 said:

just to be 100% sure, test it before using it. I am pretty sure it will work but never know.

Rambozo, the :ninja: If I understood the problem correctly, then some people who had the V1 had problems when playing other maps on other servers.  IF del(v1)=fixed problem THEN IF ((they install v2) AND (no_problems)) THEN testing_partly_done, ELSE (I give up) ELSE (I give up). :D 

• Leader
1 minute ago, Snuffs99 said:

Yes it was mate, mines dated 27/10/2019

Okay, that could help explain some of the earlier reported problems with similar symptoms.

Not all of us had problems.  I did not. That is the "poopy-kind" of problem to solve.  Why Bill and not George?  Why RedA and not RedB? @RedAngel

• Leader

I did the part where in put the file in my etmain folder and don't get the crash anymore since I modified it. Now just need to test in server to see how the map reacts and maybe a few people validating if it does not crash anymore

Edited by rambozo37
  • Like 1