amd graphic deceleration

THE BEAST

try setting affinity to one core. shut off multi threading in your gpu settings.

see whats running in the background.in ur process tabs

ck see if cortana is running turn it off.

also what protection do u run. ? av firewall??

Edited by captnconcrete
  • Like 1

well its been alot of yrs and was in xp era .. but there could be something in your catalyst  set wrong i cant remember but i had this issue.. long time ago all sudden my ati card dropped too 25 fps in some spots i remember i had go in and turn off something in there. of course it could be ur drivers .. or a w10 update im not a w10 buff. some day maybe we get on discord and chat figure this out..  im sure we could fix it easy then.. i need new headset for that.lol  hope ur doing fine bud take care.

• Like 1

@THE BEAST

Hey mate!

-Have you checked your FPS with another game?

-DO you use the native GPU software controller for AMD?

-Do you have a third party [graphic control] installed on your OS (like ASUS GPU Tweak)?

Hope you will fix it quickly, since it is from 26 dec :o

• Like 1

• Leader
On 12/26/2019 at 7:45 AM, THE BEAST said:

yes ive tried 0-2. 2 is the only one that will work so it stays a t 2.         gpu: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-19-12-3 

cfg.cfg 23.88 kB · 5 downloads

this is your cfg? its got some server settings in it? why would you need to activate the omnibots and have the path set? Without mentioning the other un-useful crap in there. Also I don't get why seta r_lastValidRenderer "GeForce GTX 1060 3GB/PCIe/SSE2" If you are using an AMD card. It should show the actual card you have. Did you use this exact cfg? or its a copy of the same you use but not exactly yours? Also you have seta com_zoneMegs "24" , 24 is not enough. Default is 54 if I am not wrong and then gain its not enough for most maps. Hunksmegs same thing to low...

Can you post the exact last cfg you used in game plz before trying the test cfg I made you

Anyway. I made a very small config for you to exec in game and lets see after that

fpstest.cfg

/exec fpstest

Now your graphic quality will drop allot. You can always change it back after. /r_primitives is set to 2 if it not all that good retry to set it at 0. If with those settings you still have fps problems then yes I will ruled out the config. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, rambozo37 said:

this is your cfg? its got some server settings in it? why would you need to activate the omnibots and have the path set? Without mentioning the other un-useful crap in there. Also I don't get why seta r_lastValidRenderer "GeForce GTX 1060 3GB/PCIe/SSE2" If you are using an AMD card. It should show the actual card you have. Did you use this exact cfg? or its a copy of the same you use but not exactly yours? Also you have seta com_zoneMegs "24" , 24 is not enough. Default is 54 if I am not wrong and then gain its not enough for most maps. Hunksmegs same thing to low...

Can you post the exact last cfg you used in game plz before trying the test cfg I made you

Anyway. I made a very small config for you to exec in game and lets see after that

fpstest.cfg 666 B · 6 downloads

/exec fpstest

Now your graphic quality will drop allot. You can always change it back after. /r_primitives is set to 2 if it not all that good retry to set it at 0. If with those settings you still have fps problems then yes I will ruled out the config. 

That last render was from a config i downloaded an was using seems to be the only config that would let my fps be a little better. i will try the test config an come back with results 

• 100 1

This still isn't fixed?
*sigh*
Alright, I need to see your GPU temps.
Download HWinfo64 here: https://www.hwinfo.com/download/

Run it with "Sensors only" mode.

Scroll down until you see GPU #0.
Start ET.
Play a little bit until you start experiencing FPS drops.

take a screenshot and attach it here.

it should look something like this:
hwinfo.JPG.52042e6aad662395201414c0e1546e28.JPG
Thank you.

• Like 1
  • 100 1

• 4 weeks later...

If you haven't already, try doing a clean install of the latest Radeon Adrenalin drivers, version 20.2.2.

Here's a link: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-20-2-2

It *should* help your problem.
Another thing you could try would be renaming et.exe to quake3.exe and seeing if that fixes your FPS drops.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...