time to start a new build

captnconcrete

so im a throw this out there .. 

im wanting to build a decent pc..  but i dont want to break the bank or have the best of best or smash bench marks.. just looking for stability longevity upgrade ability 

i like msi ..

i like amd wont even consider intel dont care if u think intels better.lol

and i like nvidia wont even consider ati. an i dont need a debate on it..lol

i play mild to light gaming but would like to be able to  play newer games. its been like 14 or so yrs seens i built my last one. only thing i had to replace in that time was the processor. an gpu.. fried my 9800gt.lol

Edited by captnconcrete

Wait if you can, 3rd gen Ryzen processors are right around the corner. Should be on-par with or edge out Intel's 9th gen. Don't like MSI myself, but a B550 (current gen is 4xx, so I'm just guessing?) Tomahawk would probably do the trick for a mobo if you want an MSI board.
a 1660 (non-ti) would probably be what you'd be looking for in a graphics card.

Im not sure about prices at your contry but in germany you can get cheap

AMD Ryzen 2600x or 2700x 190€ boxed (surely the Ryzen 3000 is comming but i think he has to spent a lot more of money to get PCIe 4.0 and a little bit of power for much more money, if he want an upgrade Ryzen 3000 should be working on AM4 Boards)

16GB RAM G.Skill 73€

MSI B450 Gaming plus 88€

Graka  if you wanna have NVIDIA ... which Resolution do you prefer to play Full HD or 4K?

1060 or 2060

SSD 512 GB for OS aso  Crucial MX 500 73€

How much money do you want to spent ?

Edited by Smoky
  • Thanks 1

radeon is  ati .. i wouldnt  use that for a wheel stop but thanks for info im touch and go right now.. 600 too 800 if thats doable.cheaper is better ..  an im a msi fan  cuz this board im on now is like 14 yrs old and didnt give one problem . other then sata port dieing in that many yrs till now. 

once i upgraded that cpu  xern all went to hell.  i think im supposed to have 1066 ram with that cpu.. board tries to oc my ram if i put in more than 4 gigs.its 6400ddr2 800 now lollolol

basically now i would like info on board gpu psu  case and hdd..

@Xernicus - U serious about 1660? even rx 5 series trumps that card and they r cheaper, just saying

2 hours ago, WarPeD said:

@Xernicus - U serious about 1660? even rx 5 series trumps that card and they r cheaper, just saying

He doesn't like AMD cards, and it's super easy to get 1660ti performance out of it.
I think you are confusing the 1660 with the 1650. The RX 570 beats the 1650. 1660 (when OC'd to TI performance levels) easily beats the RX 590.

https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3451-evga-gtx-1660-review-vs-1660-ti-rx-590-more
https://www.techspot.com/review/1813-geforce-gtx-1660-mega-benchmark/

Edited by Xernicus
added benchmarks

i ran AMD  for years and i have to say i hate that brand myself sure there some cheap ones out there that will run as good as some of the other brands but they just don't last  long if your a hardcore gamer 

and i'm not sure if you want to build the pc yourself or have it build for you if you do  have a look at

https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/category/gaming-pcs/

or the one i us when i want to buy a new pc

https://www.ibuypower.com/Site/Computer/Desktops

and god i wish i could  get a new pc  or  add to the one i have now all i really need in this pc is  ram  8gb is killing me 

oh and tip make sure you get a good  SSD  or you will be sorry down the line 

• Like 1

16gb is enough for the time being but 32gb to future proof, deals are about so be sure to shop around. 

19 hours ago, Bleed said:

@*Kiba* how much ram do you need and how much would that be?

like  warped said 16gb is  good i would need 2 sticks of  8gb same brand mixing brands can  causes more harm than good  oh and for prices it changes from brand to brand it can go from 50$ to 100+ but that all on what brand your buying and what you  motherboard can hold mine only has 2  slots others can have up to 4 not really sure if there more i know my old pc  could hold 4 

but ya  16gb + is a must  for gamers  anything lower than that  is just asking for  pushing  other parts of your pc to the max which is just killing the life of your pc SSD are mainly used for booting up your pc and helping out on loading  screens for games like rust  ark and some other games  SSD are a must it helps out with other games to  

Edited by *Kiba*