What is ADMIN's function?

Koizarada Non Ducor Duco

Likewise, a few minutes ago N|Z MATAFAKA was talking nonsense and I called him on it. Mind you, the conversation didn't reduce to name-calling or really get all that extreme by the measure of other arguments. I stayed pretty on point the whole time and managed to get muted along with N|Z MATAFAKA. Ratspit then proceeds to postulate his "power" by asking if anyone else wants to mess. I get that I was told to stop, yet I wasn't the one trolling or talking bullshit, merely defending myself mainly against, again, bullshit.

Better yet, after N|Z MATAFAKA leaves, Ratspit pm's me that I "seem like a bright, rational person" and not to engage to reduce the server to MATAFAKA's level. Then proceeds to leave me muted long after the troll has left and telling me I'm "bright and rational". It's really such a petty and stupid thing, and if it's the kind of admin I can expect then don't expect to see me around the server any longer. I manage to get along just fine with regulars & admins so being treated equal to the server troll is just bad admining IMO. And further, if N|Z MATAFAKA (Shadow) is such a problem, why have him on the server just waiting to pollute the atmosphere and get players like myself who just don't bend over and take his shit into the same type of needless "trouble".

I will say outside of this particular case the admins on Silent mod have been pretty decent overall. But flexing admin powers over decent players just drives people away and gives FA some of the bad rep that I heard before coming to the server.

You and him, been told many times to stop.. but You u still bitching at its other, then a short mute been issued to both-

And it was me who told rats to mute u both, so blame me, not rats.

Edited by Leatherface
  • Like 2

memento mori, we had, I think, a good conversation later after you posted.  I understand how you might think my pm's to you might have been petty and stupid.  You were upset and that is understandable.  Please be aware however that is was not my intent to upset you further.  I was simply giving you the benefit of the doubt and sincerely wanted to connect with you and reach an understanding in regards to fighting with MATAFAKA in global chat.  That player feeds on that stuff and it is very inconsiderate to the other players who just want to have fun.  It was nothing personal I enjoy ET'ing with you.  In the future when MATAFAKA fights with another player both players will be dealt with accordingly.  The solution is simple open console and ignore MATA.

• Like 3

@RatSpit Wel all know that nothing can stop MATAFAKA behavior,he doesnt even learn from mutes and bans in fact he is still harassing memento.I dont think the only solution here is to !ignore him since his bad behavior are not only verbal harassment and already I sent you a demo of what he do to people specially when admin is not around.I know this is not my bussiness , but I was just giving my opinion since i had to deal with MATAFAKA to many times with the difference that I learned to deal with people like him in a more political way to dont end up being like him.Even with that,we are only regulars,we always need admin support.

• 100 1

Earlier he just started sending me pm's saying I was "a weak c unt", then separate ones just calling me "fag", "homo", and probably more but I used the /ignore function by that point. Really not bothered by it in a sense that I'm offended because it's so beyond stupid and childish that it's kind of funny, but I know it only breeds toxicity. Right now he has a boner for me whenever we're both on. Won't stop talking about my gameplay, stats, things I did in a game, etc. Even petty shit like not healing me and healing the ground next to me just to f*** with me, or pushing me in the open when I'm peering around a corner to get shot at.

It's really so silly and dumb as to be comical, but there's no real need for it. The guy literally just wants to f*** with people, that's it. Half the maps he runs around doing anything but helping his team or doing objective, then at the end says "you're all so fkn dumb" before disconnecting. I simply don't see the reason why F|A lets this guy be around. I've played on other servers for a long time and with several guys whom F|A has banned for life. It's not like the clan's never done it. This guy is a proven, repeated menace that harasses your regulars. Mutes, temporary bans do nothing. Comes back, does the same thing, and escalates it with anybody whom he gets under their skin. I simply don't abide childish bullshit like that, so I'm not great at just ignoring it, especially since that doesn't ultimately solve anything.

You have to ask yourselves, what's the point? It's a 15 year old game that is sparsely played and remotely irrelevant other than to a handful of people left online, and you're going to let your servers suffer this brazen stupidity and let one immature, emotionally stunted interloper chase away the regulars you have left? Since getting shit I've gotten a few pm's from players who say they just leave when he comes on. 1 guy costs you multiple players. That math doesn't add up to a positive...

Edited by memento mori
  • 100 2

All i can say is, if someone annoy with through pm, pld take some ss, then u can be sure admins will look at it, and might take some actions .

• 100 1

13 hours ago, Leatherface said:

All i can say is, if someone annoy with through pm, pld take some ss, then u can be sure admins will look at it, and might take some actions .

Is what i do,and you can see my reports about him and yeah,fortunately always had a positive response from admin wich I'm very thankful .But the question is...what's the point of making reports and everything according to the procedure If the punishment that is given to him ,does not matter what, he always end up doing the same thing over and over again? Is not that he would come back from a 30 ban days so calm and mature being a nice boy.Come on ,he even tried to fool admin changing etkey to avoid a mute!

Personally I choose disconnect when he appears,i cant see anymore how he says and do what he wants and I cant keep making reports for life about him to end always being the same.Some people never learns and he for sure is a trouble maker.

13 hours ago, Leatherface said:

To Cata0709's point, this is nothing new. I may be new to your servers, but it's obvious from everyone (including your admins who have spoken with me) that this is an eternally constant theme. I could take screen shots and go through the trouble, but ultimately have to repeat the same hamster wheel of retardation when he comes back. From what I can tell, you actually have a pretty friendly environment with primarily 1 bad apple, which spoils the batch. If Cata0709 just leaves when he comes on, you're trading a decent player that's good for your server for someone whose clear objective is to corrupt it.

So yeah, I'm not going to go through all the political hoops knowing it's only going to be wasting my time. Everyone knows. Players know, admins know, Shadow knows. Nothing happens outside of occasional slaps on the wrist and finger wagging. I'm just pointing out how nonsensical this approach is and at odds with the goal of your server.

Eventually what ends up happening in cases like this is this person will get PM abilities permanently removed among other things. So no, it's not a complete

16 minutes ago, memento mori said:

hamster wheel of retardation{...}wasting my time. Everyone knows. Players know, admins know, Shadow knows. Nothing happens outside of occasional slaps on the wrist and finger wagging. I'm just pointing out how nonsensical this approach is and at odds with the goal of your server.

if you feel it's a waste of your time, than so be it. But if you keep the pressure on us, we're aware of a constant problem. If the reports drop off, we're inclined to give benefit of doubt.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Xernicus said:

Eventually what ends up happening in cases like this is this person will get PM abilities permanently removed among other things. So no, it's not a complete

if you feel it's a waste of your time, than so be it. But if you keep the pressure on us, we're aware of a constant problem. If the reports drop off, we're inclined to give benefit of doubt.

I can understand your point, but from what I've heard this has been going on for years. Clearly your players and even other admins opt to ignore the player & problem rather than address it since they feel it only gets so far. And is the testament from someone echoing the same activities that have already been documented before so hard to believe?

And let's get this straight: I'm not even asking for anything like banning him. I'm simply asking what the clan has to gain from keeping this toxin around because maybe I'm missing something being new here. Your players don't like him and he drives some away just by connecting. It got me disciplined for even engaging with him for a minute with admins telling me to avoid him. Feels like someone holding the server and even some admins hostage just by being there, which is bizarre.

31 minutes ago, memento mori said:

I can understand your point, but from what I've heard this has been going on for years. Clearly your players and even other admins opt to ignore the player & problem rather than address it since they feel it only gets so far. And is the testament from someone echoing the same activities that have already been documented before so hard to believe?

And let's get this straight: I'm not even asking for anything like banning him. I'm simply asking what the clan has to gain from keeping this toxin around because maybe I'm missing something being new here. Your players don't like him and he drives some away just by connecting. It got me disciplined for even engaging with him for a minute with admins telling me to avoid him. Feels like someone holding the server and even some admins hostage just by being there, which is bizarre.

Don't get me wrong, it's not like I don't believe there's an issue- I know there's a problem. That's why I'm here and addressing it. Long post, so bear with me.

First things first- If admins are ignoring someone who's bothering you and they're aware of the problem, best thing to do is shoot us a message using Contact Us. This gives Staff+ a heads up and we can then talk to the admins/members who were online and give them a gentle reminder of admin duties and advice on how to deal with the situation. Admins have the commands necessary to take care of the situation, so they should be using them.

Our goal is to: A. Prevent these things from occurring in the first place and B. Deal with them swiftly so everyone can enjoy their game.

For A: We use the level system to help proactively prevent PM spam/harassment, requiring someone to play for a certain time before being allowed to send PMs.
For B: They get short/long/perma muted, PM abilities blocked, etc. The length and severity depends case-by-case.

There are various people doing this off and on through the years, this particular individual has been doing this off and on for a little less than a year, from what I can see on records.
Issue from one doesn't mean issue from all, and various people respond to various measures-- ie: some might learn from simple mute, others might need PM abilities blocked or a shadow mute, some might need a ban. So it's unfair to lump 20-30 different people- some of whom don't play anymore- into "this has been going on for years". We take the measures we can to prevent this, but some always fall through the cracks. We want an easy going atmosphere- not strict chat rules with a sterile feel.

Now the first report I see about this person is January of last year, and the last report and last actions I see about this person (aside from this) is from September. He went 6 months in 2018, and then again from September to November with perfectly fine conduct as far as I can see. So when these reports fall off like this, we assume that they've learned their lesson, so to speak. Yes, logs get checked and we can verify whether this is the case, but that's a very time consuming and tedious process.

Unfortunately, we can't be everywhere at once and it helps us to get these reports. That's when we take a detailed look at logs for specific issues with a player, and figure out what the best next step will be.

As for why we're "keeping him around"- well it's his choice to continue to connect to our servers. Typically, if someone causes no disruption to someone's gameplay while muted, we won't ban them. If they start team-killing, nadeswitching, or being generally unpleasant then we'll look at giving them a vacation. That's also decided case-by-case.

Now what I can do is start camping on Silent/HC so I can look into this a little more in-depth.

• 100 1

I didn't intend to schlump in 20-30 people, more strictly talking about this one player. I was lead to believe for others this was a matter of years, when it may be approaching 2. From what I've been told by other players privately, this is a constant, so my assumption is that for those 6 months the harassment either wasn't overt or often done without admins there and nobody reported it. These are my assumptions, of course.

And hey, I get admining can be a b itch. It's also weird to me that clans even exist and have servers that devote serious times to policing despite not actually making any money from it or has anything legally binding. It's also because of that which make petty situations like with Shadow all the more embarrassing. He needs a babysitter to play a game, and I can think of few things sadder than that. I will say that since starting this thread, Ratspit has muted Shadow for starting shit with me out of the blue. The next time Shadow resorted to pm's, trying to bypass a reprimand again. I said exactly what he was doing in global chat and Ratspit advised me to use the /ignore function, which I did shortly before he suggested it.

Anyway, I take your point and don't want to spend really any more time discussing something that's already a huge waste of time and energy. Thanks for the thoughtfulness and responses, everyone. See you on the server.

Edited by memento mori

On 11/11/2018 at 12:05 PM, Koizarada Non Ducor Duco said:

And to change from a team that has 5 to a team that has 3, does it need some level as well?

Non Ducor, As a regular of silent1  I can say yourself  have played to many times in axis with players with kr over 2.5, all holding hands but however none of you have not been able to go and help these poor allies.Its true that the members of the clan are the ones who should move first to fix the teams,but  the regulars should also move their asses to the other team instead of going  to spec to complain.Balance teams is not only a member thing,regulars also should collaborate.
Without members online,myself have played to many times in a weak team or with two or three players down and have asked for teams and everyone simply ignored.Lastnight you were playing in axis team with yid and a couple players with skills including you... and you were more worried in  get into a fight with krum than checking scores/kr and help allies.Whatever......

• Like 2

• Administrators

On 11/30/2018 at 11:27 PM, Cata0709 said:

@RatSpit Wel all know that nothing can stop MATAFAKA behavior,he doesnt even learn from mutes and bans in fact he is still harassing memento.I dont think the only solution here is to !ignore him since his bad behavior are not only verbal harassment and already I sent you a demo of what he do to people specially when admin is not around.I know this is not my bussiness , but I was just giving my opinion since i had to deal with MATAFAKA to many times with the difference that I learned to deal with people like him in a more political way to dont end up being like him.Even with that,we are only regulars,we always need admin support.

I have somehow missed this topic in between for follow up.

MATAFAKA has been banned for 30 days. If he by passes the ban, let me know and I will gladly start issuing hardware bans for him, 

Please create new topic - if he decides to by pass the ban and starts insulting everyone again or starts team harassment. For now all set. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1