New map rotation for Beginners and Jaymod #2 XPS

daredevil

1-2 maps every week is the plan :)

Nice idea but I hope this wont take too much of your time though, you are a busy man so "dont bite off more than you can chew". <--totally looked that one up, dont even know if its correct :P

• Administrators

Nice idea but I hope this wont take too much of your time though, you are a busy man so "dont bite off more than you can chew".

Gubbi has already created like 20 map rotations :) We will keep it rotating.. It would take now like 10 mins at max... Issue is...to find 10 mins time... It just get boring work... Just remind me every week to change maps.. for jay3.. may be i will create reminder in my phone.. monday nights to change map and restart server. :)

• Like 2

I know that you guys suggested some maps in previous topics. I will try to make a few new rotations towards the weekend.

If you suggest a map, please make sure there are waypoints for bots and that the map is not known for lagging too much or has any glitches and I can add them.

• Like 3

Gubbi has already created like 20 map rotations :) We will keep it rotating.. It would take now like 10 mins at max... Issue is...to find 10 mins time... It just get boring work... Just remind me every week to change maps.. for jay3.. may be i will create reminder in my phone.. monday nights to change map and restart server. :)

Sounds good :)

post-11075-0-49383300-1378293706_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I tested Stalingrad some time ago on Jaymod and there was a bug with objective and that's the reason why we didn't put it in the rotation back then. Can't remember what the bug was, too long ago.

• Like 1

haunted mansion out for goldrush old time favourite map of most people :) becides that haunted mansion makes the server time after time empty

Because somehow no one knows that allies have a forward spawn when cp is build, then they get stuck in the basement. I like it, it's pretty chilled outside then :D

I know that you guys suggested some maps in previous topics. I will try to make a few new rotations towards the weekend.

If you suggest a map, please make sure there are waypoints for bots and that the map is not known for lagging too much or has any glitches and I can add them.

Just a guess (and surely some work), but a consistent list of acceptable maps to choose from or even vote would be nice, to rule out maps which have lag issues/bugs/poor design and are never played anyway. e.g. I didn't know that marketgarden or praetoria maps have lag issues (sizewise they would be perfect for the server settings), didn't notice it on any server when I played them, but that was on ETPro iirc. On the other hand oasis becomes a horrible lagfest with 20 players even with not so bad hardware.

You have 564 :crazy! ET maps in the download section where (i guess) most of them are probably poor or not played at all anywhere. Dunno your CMS but maybe it's possible to simply copy/paste the names of most downloaded ~100 maps to a thread and then rule them out by known issues? If waypoints are a problem I can help with doing them for some maps when needed. Can also host on a priv ET server if something needs to be tested online...

...or maybe it's just me any I play too much and too long the same maps over and over again (most likely) :D

• Like 1