ET DemoView Edition - Enemy Territory Software

SunLight

I noticed the seeking feature fails a bit on silent when there is warmup (wrong time), but atm it's fairly good as it is, I don't feel like rewriting the whole thing.

Yeah I ran into this issue with it yesterday, was a bit annoying because the scenes were towards the end of the demo so I had to guess a few times to get it right to what I needed. Also I tried to save a screenshot it said it saved shot000.jpg etc.. but I could not locate it in the demo viewers folders. Any ideas about that?

Yeah I ran into this issue with it yesterday, was a bit annoying because the scenes were towards the end of the demo so I had to guess a few times to get it right to what I needed. Also I tried to save a screenshot it said it saved shot000.jpg etc.. but I could not locate it in the demo viewers folders. Any ideas about that?

Are you running the demo viewer as admin? ^_^ - I havent tried so I dont know if it's this but it'd be my first port-of-call.

Are you running the demo viewer as admin? ^_^ - I havent tried so I dont know if it's this but it'd be my first port-of-call.

Hmm that might be it, danke sir.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Clan Friend

I just wanted to say (for those who are interested) that the old version in the downloads section has been replaced with v1.2

changes:

- bug fixes, and a new seek algorithm (it fixes the warmup bug, and it's way faster when you seek forward)

- added more infos in the hud (map name, demo playback %)

- custom fov and zoom (separate cg_fov x and y, can be lower than 90, zoom with shift to a custom fov)

- pause / timescale 0 support (toggle pause with 'P', you can set timescale to 0)

- 2 alternative timescales (hold ctrl or alt to slow down/speed up, timescale is customizable)

full info in the readme

SunLight

• Like 2

Great, Ctrl , Shift and Alt keys worked as suggested, including lower 90 fov. Those keyboard keys can be combined also, works great with Jaymod. And P for pause is really convenient. Thanks Sunlight!

Hi Sunlight,

Any chance on the demo_seektime algo be looked into again? Seemed to be a bit left or right off time from expected timestamp when rewinding or forwarding overtime. I had this experience when viewing J2 demo. What was seemed to be less or more is the "timestamp" on the right side but the screen play was approximately correct. For example, demo started 13:00, if we do rewind and forward, the result was 20:00, so timestamp was coming out of somewhere, but video frame was I think approximately showing there...

Any idea what was causing this? I did restart the demo players and re-do the steps taken and yes I had same result.

Ofc, on the other note, combination of P key with other special keys like Ctrl Alt and Shift was great, concept feature was really the nice as mentioned, map name was there also, like a notepad to remember demo names up.

• Clan Friend

which map is it?

Some maps change time when you unlock objectives (I think fueldepot does it for example), so it's impossible to jump at some min:sec exactly because it's not unique.

If you pm me a link to the demo and the exact command and time you try to use, I could be more specific and/or do some debugging if necessary.

• Clan Friend

Any idea what was causing this? I did restart the demo players and re-do the steps taken and yes I had same result.

Thanks for the pm, the map was etdo6 as I had supposed, I am answering here too because it could be of common interest for those who use my demo viewer.

The commands /demo_seek_svtime and /demo_seekrelative use server times, so they always work.

\demo_seektime needs the servertime at the beginning of the level, and the timelimit. In that map timelimit can change due to time bonuses, so in the particular demo you sent me there are 2 places with the same time min:sec.

In maps like that one, the only way is to use server times and not min:sec, because there is an ambiguity, and for speed reasons I cannot check if there is a timelimit change in the future, otherwise I would need to read the whole demo before seeking.

There were actually 2 timestamps, so since I am new to that map, I am seeing both the original timestamp and the one with bonus :P thanks for clearing this up, that it was a map with bonus time.

Yep, really good work. Besides from the recorded player's view, you can actually jump to another player's point of view

Edited by PiNoY

• 3 months later...

Wanting to say that shortcut keys are also there, working great, thanks Sunlight

P - toggle for Pause

N - toggle for player names

S - toggle r_shownormal

Ctrl - toggle for slowmo

Alt - toggle for fast forwards

Shift - toggle for fov zoom

Wanting to say that shortcut keys are also there, working great, thanks Sunlight

P - toggle for Pause

N - toggle for player names

S - toggle r_shownormal

Ctrl - toggle for slowmo

Alt - toggle for fast forwards

Shift - toggle for fov zoom

Any possibility add these under some key so to get popup window as guide?

Masa_1964

• Like 2