Aiming Precision?

Silencer

For years I've played ET with Kingdom Fighters...an excellent crew of admins and servers they have. Recently I thought I'd try another team to see what else is out there and have started playing on F/A, and I have to say, the MOST professional admins, website and servers I've seen yet! I may have to try COD and BF also now!

What I want to ask is about 'aimbots' or software that allows people to shoot closeby and always hit a target. I've played a lot and when I get killed with 2 headshots or 3, I have to wonder...and with consistency. When I jump around like nuts, and 3 shots kill me, I begin to wonder. I can't even follow my motions as I jerk the mouse around like nuts and I wonder. I've seen players move fast and jump and I can barely hit their body a few times let alone their head.

I am sure punkbuter and other measures are in place but it's "spy vs. spy" out there and how do we know that it's not happening? I don't profess to have a lot of expertise in this area so don't slam me on that, ALL I am asking is what about this?

I'll sleep better (play better?) knowing the measures F/A takes to curtail and stop such events.

I appreciate mature construtive input and knowledge.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Silencer.

Hi and welcome to our forums and servers, I hope you are having a great time and thank you for the kind words :D

We run a zero tolerance community for cheats, all our servers run anti-cheat software, and stream directly to/from PBBans, if anyone is found to be cheating they will promptly be removed from our community and all our servers to provide the best gaming experience possible to all players. Usually there are admins on the servers, and if you feel someone is hacking or cheating, please message an admin so we can investigate the matter, we all do our best to track down and eliminate troubled players. If an admin is not available you can always record a demo yourself and post it here in our complaint section. We will review the demo and take action accordingly. You can always add me on xfire, and I will be glad to go and checkout any issues or concerns.

• Like 2

All the admins are watching out for aim bots. Everytime I have been in there they will spec someone if they or you have a concern. I think they are all doing the best job they can. From what I know this server (jay3) is rapid shot, so You do die faster. When running fast people do use adren and also hold down the shift button. Both help with running speed and shift also helps you jump higher. Punkbuster is in place and i have seen it kick players a few times for using aimbots.

I guess they can only do so much when it comes to cheats. I believe they are doing all that they can so I dont complain. Somethimes you just have to take the good with the bad. Also alot of the regulars on there have been playing for a plenty of years and have alot of skill.

Some of our regulars are a bunch of no lifers who spend hours on end trying to improve there Trackbase rate, thats fine and dandy but there are hackers out there and F|A admins are sure to ban them. Follow the advice given above and everything will be fine. Submit your guid, http://fearless-assa...guid-with-pics/ follow this tutorial. Welcome to forums, hope to see you around on F|A servers.

Like Novice said we have zero tolerance for cheaters. If you think someone is cheating, then report it to an admin or take a demo and post it on the forums and have someone review it.

That being said, we do have a lot of skilled players on FA servers. Take some time out to spec some of these players and hopefully learn from them :)

Welcome to FA!

• Like 1

• Clan Friend

Punkbuster catches many cheaters, and if that doesn't happen admins generally take care of almost all of the rest.

Some (very few) people have an exceptional talent. Talking about musicians, for example, what would you think about somebody who, after listening to a very difficult piece, says something on the lines of: 'impossible! that must have been fast forwarded or edited'? You would say that he/she has never watched a talented musician playing live, and naively thinks that everyone must suck.

Why do I say this? Because the first thing you need, in order to catch cheaters, is knowing what's impossible/unlikely and what's possible or even ordinary.

For example on etpro servers you usually find more 'dedicated' players, nerds and the like, so it's not uncommon that someone who is called 'random low noname noob' on etpro (me for example) could (on a good day) be called cheater on jaymod by some people.

So don't be quick to judge, anyway If you lose against a cheater who doens't openly cheat, that is someone who wants to pass for a 'normal' player, you would lose against a 'normal' player too. Play to have fun or to reach your skill limit, but don't compare yourself with others. This way you can never 'lose'.

And be confident that there are admins here who can catch even not-so-obvious cheaters.

Thank you everyone who took the time to respond...this is why I'm steadily impressed with F/A. I will profess that I don't know how to do some of the suggestions offered but will print this and keep handy. My problem is that I don't want to create any work for anyone of course and I wish there was a way I could tell it myself but I guess not. And I'd hate to falsely accuse anyone due to my inexperience at detection.

Someone on my other post said my "GUID" is wrong, not sure what that is or even how to fix it to what it should be? I do know you can send me a message right? I try to log in every other day.

Gotta go and practice some more! Just bear with me...it's just when I was on Kingdom Fighters I was quite high up the totem pole and it "seemed more even" is my gut feeling...time will tell. Thanks admin team!

• Administrators

To shoot better:

1. Get good FPS.

2. Use nice config.

3. Learn more about game and keep in game sense. U should be able to see what others neglect to see and process.

4. Shoot for head only.

@Cheaters:

Here is one of our public ban list: http://www.pbbans.com/mbi-accbans-ab4749.html

Cheaters who don't get caught by PB get banned by admins but 85% time, Punkbuster and PBBans cheat scans take care of it.

Always play on PBBans streaming server. Share the knowledge to others and gaming community will be much better.

Welcome and enjoy your stay :)

Happy Fragging!

• Like 1