Can't run ET

Scream

I don't have default.cfg so I can't do much.

If you have nothing useful to say, do not post useless posts.

sorry for double post

default.cfg is in pak0.pk3 for the case you don't know (I guess you know but...)

• Administrators

Why install when you can copy, simply copy your current install from old and move to the new comp. Copy the entire W:ET folder. Crete shortcut from that folder run as admin, and if you are still having problems, then maybe we can do some remote support and fix it for you.

Why install when you can copy, simply copy your current install from old and move to the new comp. Copy the entire W:ET folder. Crete shortcut from that folder run as admin, and if you are still having problems, then maybe we can do some remote support and fix it for you.

it didnt help either.

do you try to install the graphic drivers? may be your graphic hasnt got the open gl

will do it tomorrow.

did u tried to run it from pendrive etc? not copied to pc

yep.

You wrote you have no default.cfg in your etmain. Maybe you could try to open pak0.pk3 with WinRAR/7-Zip and unpack default.cfg file from there. It sounds so obvious, but who knows if it can help or not :)

Edited by Dragonji

You wrote you have no default.cfg in your etmain. Maybe you could try to open pak0.pk3 with WinRAR/7-Zip and unpack default.cfg file from there. It sounds so obvious, but who knows if it can help or not :)

Already did that :P

Theoretically, the problem looks so obvious that I cannot believe it wasn't solved yet, but I don't even know if it means on Windows 7 what it should mean on Windows XP. Theoretically, it occurs when you run ET.exe file which is not in your ET installation folder, practically, nobody knows the reason of the problem :D. I'm wondering why errors don't tell what to do to fix them - perfect error should tell you how to solve it ;)

It wouldn't work anyway since the pak pk3's all are in etmain anyway.

Theoretically, the problem looks so obvious that I cannot believe it wasn't solved yet, but I don't even know if it means on Windows 7 what it should mean on Windows XP. Theoretically, it occurs when you run ET.exe file which is not in your ET installation folder, practically, nobody knows the reason of the problem :D. I'm wondering why errors don't tell what to do to fix them - perfect error should tell you how to solve it ;)

and epic errors fix them self

you dont need a file called default.cfg you need the autoexec.cfg and the C:\...\etmain\profiles\ETUI\etconfig.cfg (should be in each mod \etmain, \jaymod, ...).

looks like you have an error in your aotoexec, fix it or

my suggesttion:

delete all your et files on your new pc/laptop download ET ultimate instaler, and try it again.

Instaler maybe that works for you.

i also run it under win7 64 bit without any problems.

you dont need a file called default.cfg you need the autoexec.cfg and the C:\...\etmain\profiles\ETUI\etconfig.cfg (should be in each mod \etmain, \jaymod, ...).

looks like you have an error in your aotoexec, fix it or

my suggesttion:

delete all your et files on your new pc/laptop download ET ultimate instaler, and try it again.

Instaler maybe that works for you.

i also run it under win7 64 bit without any problems.

That laptop seems to hate ET lol. It also didn't help.

trying to make my et giving the same error on my win 64 bit

The only way I get this error is by renaming (or deleting) the etmain map so I don't understand how you get this error when you got the full installation

ET 2.60b win-x86 May  8 2006
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
J:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory/etmain

----------------------
0 files in pk3 files
----- CL_Shutdown -----
-----------------------
Couldn't load default.cfg - I am missing essential files - verify your installation?

I'm just wondering why you putted it in system32

Tried it to and it works but why (just curious)

• Administrators

But, .55 can not run on Windows 7, only .6b will work. Correct me if i'm wrong.

jojo, .55 works.

That laptop seems to hate ET lol. It also didn't help.

Remote desktop access.