Private messaging

lucasdm
Go to solution Solved by CheepHeep,

Hello

I have asked on hardcore server why we have to have 20k XP before we can PM.

FA members --> kermit, wolf081 and lehm were online but unable to respond or they couldnt be bothered.

Cheers,

-=Lucas=-

• Like 2

• Solution

Hello Lucas,

My understanding for the implementation of that rule is it is to avoid new people from coming on with the purpose of recruiting, harassing or advertising via PM. Most of our admins can't see PM and thus, we can't take action if one of the three things i've mentioned above takes place. 20000 XP is needed as it gives the player ample time to get familiar with the rules of the server and also filters out those that aren't there to play but to recruit/advertise/harass as those guys may not be bothered to achieve that amount and head off to another server.

Some admins, however, may set you in advance or before you get 20kXP if you appear to be a good regular by engaging politely with the rest of the players, helping out the admins by evening teams or reporting issues. Ultimately, being a regular on forums can help speed it up too. Purchasing VIP can also help you bypass that rule of 20000XP as you will be receiving an admin level (5,6,7) depending on which one you decide to buy. Discovery of continuous foul play or breaking of rules will result in you being set back to 0 again though.

At the end of the day, we all just want to have fun and ensure the community regulars on our server stay happy so the future of FA is more secure and guaranteed. We take necessary steps to ensure this. I hope you understand my reasoning. I may have missed something out, so a staff member or above may want to clarify what i've said.

Thanks for coming on to the forums to ask ;)

Edited by CheepHeep
Corrections. On my phone lol.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If you have under 20k XP, it's possible they tried to reach you via PM but they were blocked due to this limitation.
We have this in place to limit people from "server hopping" and advertising or recruiting for their servers.

If you put your PB and silEnT GUIDs in your profile I will look into this for you and see about hooking you up with PM abilities.

Tutorial for PB: https://fearless-assassins.com/topic/93070-how-to-submit-your-pb-guid-into-your-profile-enemy-territory/

Tutorial for silEnT: https://fearless-assassins.com/topic/93069-how-to-submit-your-silent-guid-into-your-profile-enemy-territory/

• Like 2

Hey Lucas, 

this was the right way to do it, if you don't get answers on servers, come to forums. Thank you for that. I answered you on HC today but unfortunately you had left already, but nice that you came along here. See you in-game! :P 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lehm said:

Hey Lucas, 

this was the right way to do it, if you don't get answers on servers, come to forums. Thank you for that. I answered you on HC today but unfortunately you had left already, but nice that you came along here. See you in-game! :P 

Hey Lehm

Could be, I am able to play on and off at my crappy studentjob, my boss must have arrived !

Cheers and see you soon,

-=lucas=-

• Like 4