Website Manage attachments to free up space

b0rR*4cHo

Question

I would like to post a demo.  It says 'You have used all of the attachment space you are allowed.  Manage Attachements to free up space."  I click the link and there is no option to delete past media.  It says I have used 122% or '118.96 MB of your 97.66 MB attachment limit.'

How do I fix this?  There is filter and sort, but no option to clear or delete old media.

Thanks.

3 answers to this question

• Administrators

Sorry, I don't allow or encourage, deleting old files to free up space for future because it leaves nothing but broken trail of topics/post. I suggest using cloud base one drive, google drive, etc to post demos and screenshots going forward. Extra perks ended when you left the community. Google drive or one drive provides at least free 5-7GB of space for free. 

You can purchase silver VIP membership to increase your upload quota. Each websites charges for storage using. We are no different. They charge for profit and we charge for survival aka keeping clan alive.

If it would be to me, I would increase your upload quota to higher size but IPS i.e. forum which we use doesn't allow it. If I change your forum upload quota, I have to change it for all regular user group and I don't have that much funds for higher size site storage as it increases back up space. I hope you understand.

• Like 1

Hey borr, 

I just checked as well. When I click in my attachments, it lists them all with the topic it was posted in. The only way I can see it being deleted is by individually going on to the topic and deleting them manually. Problem for you is that, most of them may be in the private section which you can't access. Hopefully there  is an easier way to delete them or at least now that you've mentioned it, something can be done. 

Edit: just remembered that you have to edit posts to delete them and it's most likely that editing period has ended. So currently no way to do so. :( unless I've been totally blind and missed something. 

I'd recommend, for now, uploading your demo to a third party site like media fire and then sharing that link with whomever it is you want to share it with. 

Thanks for your patience borr. Hope to see you around ;)

Edit2: 

delete.PNG.1cdda34465b8b5bf8313cf845c6b78f9.PNG

The only ones that can be deleted are those that aren't specified or linked to a topic. The images above are from one of my tutorials and since tutorials were moved it must've gotten confused.

Hopefully someone will get to fixing that soon or making certain attachments available to delete. (eg. not proof)

Edited by CheepHeep
  • Like 2