ping as admin how to deal with it.

captnconcrete

If any player ping jumps up to 500 or above = !kick. If the ping is stable 400-500 i.e. doesn't fluctuate from from 200 to 600, it's allowed. Even after 3 kicks if player pings keeps going from 200 to 700 or 999 all the time, !ban for 12 hrs. 
Reason: Ping Spikes

some people come on server and are constant ci.. whole map. everymap .with few  times of  no ci with pings from 230 too 999 ..

this is my pet pieve .. i hate this crap. wrecks my et. not one  person with the ability does a dam thing about it. it lags the server. bad on jay2..

so i want to know.. if i can  do anything about it or should i just let it go?fa  leaders?[ i would pm a leader but  i cant ,says so everytime i try.lol]

also now i have your attention.lol 

everytime i try to  be admin on jay2 some a**h**** has to chime in   ..  abusing your powers or some dumbshit like that. i usually just ignor it ..but makes u not so quick to react. when one team has 3 players and other team has 7 too 10 i  feel the need to use admin. an some one always gets pissed.

Good luck banning 50% of playerbase then cus way too many ppl are warping allover the place. There're rules how to work aroud with it and every admin should be known with it.

1. Modem rate = tell them or PM spam to change their rate. Use our advanced menu options by pressing v 0.
  2. Stable 450 ping doesn't hurt server. Ping going from 70 to 450 sure does.
  3. Sometimes its language problem. Use other language or ask for help in other language.
  4. Use !put to move high pingers (more then 500) to spec.
  5. Ping would be issue only on 50 and 64 slot server. For 20 and 24 slot it wouldn't matter much.
  6. Continuous 600 ping boot him off. Make sure u tell him in general to fix his ping and give him some time (at least 10-15 mins) to fix his ping. Tell him to stop downloading. Try to help player rather then to kick him. Tell them to type rate 32000 and cg_autorate 1 in console. Give them room to fix his ping or help him first. !kick them is our last option.
  • Like 2

We dont kick/ban players if they have bad connections!

Players want to play

Why we stop em

I understand, that they "lag" more, but still, thats no reason.

6 minutes ago, Flag said:

We dont kick/ban players if they have bad connections!

Players want to play

Why we stop em

I understand, that they "lag" more, but still, thats no reason.

We do if we get complaints+server lag because of it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, captnconcrete said:

everytime i try to  be admin on jay2 some a**h**** has to chime in   ..  abusing your powers or some dumbshit like that. i usually just ignor it ..but makes u not so quick to react. when one team has 3 players and other team has 7 too 10 i  feel the need to use admin. an some one always gets pissed.    

I can't help with the rest of your post because I don't have enough experience to speak about it. But, if you're doing things according to the admin guide and being reasonable, you have nothing to worry about - don't let it stop you from taking action when needed. Be familiar with the server rules, admin basics, and admin guide and you shouldn't have any worries.

You might make people upset some of the time. But if you're asking people to move and giving them time, and no one helps, it's better to upset one person than having a whole team upset that they can't make it out of spawn.

• Like 4