Awaiting gamestate

Dominatrix

I had my PC reinstalled 2 days ago. Kept the files i needed so I dont lose my data, with that all good. 
Today I had some time free and connected to the Silent1 server, everything was just fine, just had to adjust the resolution so I set it to the needed, while connecting back it showed I had no internet, which was strange. Tried connecting to the HC server, all good. Went back to the s1 and it kept on showing Awaiting Gamestate. Been like that for the last couple of hours every time i try to connect. I found and read that topic http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/6004-stucked-at-awaiting-gamestate/ . Disabled my Firewall as written in the last post of the topic and Nada... 

Any kind of help will be appreciated.

Greets,
Domi 

• Platinum VIP

I had that problem on Jay 1 a year ago or so and seemed if I added this to my cfg, then exec'd it on Jay 2 first, then I could connect to Jay 1.

pb_sv_enable
pb_sv_guidauth 0

Haven't had the problem since
  • Like 1

Those are two of the servers that I frequent too.  Sometimes you'll be left in gamestate if the server is full.  At other times, it's somewhat of a mystery too.  Sometimes I can connect to Silent1 but not HardCore and vise versa.  Then sometimes when I return later in the day, I'm able to connect to the server that I wasn't able to earlier.  Hmmmm?

delete the hunkusage.dat that should resolve the problem

done, and still got the problem

I had that problem on Jay 1 a year ago or so and seemed if I added this to my cfg, then exec'd it on Jay 2 first, then I could connect to Jay 1.

pb_sv_enable
pb_sv_guidauth 0

Haven't had the problem since

Exec my cfg on HC, back to S1 and still cant connect 

Im kinda tired

cvar_restart

exec etconfig.cfg

vid_restart

back to default et start over try reconnect again

if all else fails delete silent profile etconfig restart et just the etconfig in profile

Tried both way you wrote, none works. Still able to connect to EVERY other server than S1... 

• Platinum VIP

done, and still got the problem

Exec my cfg on HC, back to S1 and still cant connect 

Sorry Domi...

I hope you get it resolved

Those are two of the servers that I frequent too.  Sometimes you'll be left in gamestate if the server is full.  

If it is full, it should redirect you to the other server. Thats what happens to me.

I experienced some problems connecting to your siLEnT mode servers just yesterday for the 1st time - see other thread  'Problem with Fun 1'.

Please tell us the pk3 you have in your siLEnT home folder.

Sounds like a possible renderer conflict to me. You could try deleting the entire silent folder that's inside the main ET directory. You would need to keep the old silent.dat file to replace the newly generated one if you wished to preserve your stats, though.