Baserace map big issue

MosesIsComingLookBusy

As many people have experienced, there is a big flaw in the baserace map. Here is a picture explaining the issue:

http://bildr.no/image/MEhkYTlW.jpeg

Only happens on this map

Maybe its me but I don't see what you are talking about. Or is the problem that its all blurry? ;)

Edited by Ganja.

• Administrators

http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/55605-weapon-firing-temporally-disabled-silent/

Map issue which happens randomly on that map. I have asked mappers if they can fix the map and re-release it. Let's see.

hmm weird for me it's extremely huge. But yes entity overflow. Very annoying when playing and you empty twwo mags into a guy standing still and you are a meter away from him and no bullets are getting registered

Could be the fact that you're using a different browser than what I'm using. Are you possibly using Google Chrome? If not I dont know exactly why Im having a hard time seeing (and DD)

Could be the fact that you're using a different browser than what I'm using. Are you possibly using Google Chrome? If not I dont know exactly why Im having a hard time seeing (and DD)

I'm using chrome and it's the same size as you say it is, probably just not posting it right or something who knows. This has to be a random issue, because I've never heard of it on this map.

• Leader

it's not blurry for me and it is not small, it is 1920x1080

server : weapon firing temporarily disabled due to entity overflow is the problem

You copied the thumbnail address from that site, rather than the full-sized image link.  The address in your link is "bildr.no/thumb/MEhkYTlW"

I can't make it work here by taking the "thumb" out or substituting small, medium or large. (or Norwegian for those words) :)

the POST BELOW

I've fixed the problem for me, clicking the link wont do anything helpful but you need to copy and paste it. Im guessing you cant shoot based on what the message says or its just a random error. Ive had that issue myself but fixed it after a few minutes, all I did was wait.

That still didn't work for me, but when I right-click the link and open it in a Chrome Incognito Window, opens full-sized, with image replacing thumb in the address: bildr.no/image/ MEhkYTlW.jpeg, but...putting that 'image' addy in here only displays as a thumbnail!

To show the SS here, I had to DL it from the Incognito page and upload it to here.  click-to-expand works now.

post-8926-0-39270900-1414585289_thumb.jpeg

I've fixed the problem for me, clicking the link wont do anything helpful but you need to copy and paste it. Im guessing you cant shoot based on what the message says or its just a random error. Ive had that issue myself but fixed it after a few minutes, all I did was wait.

• 2 years later...

This is a developer question much less a mapper question.

The answer is there is a limit on entities of 1024 minus 64 reserved for players 

you can find that here. http://games.chruker.dk/enemy_territory/limits.php

But what you wont find is a resolve for a overflow only server administrators or well developed engineers will understand it.

The Silent mod has many new md3 models with weapons that have exceeded this count in baserace thus throwing a flag of overflow in theory cause it's the only map doing it. Alone the ppsh has 3 entities not counting the fire and tracers plus smoke from the models alone.

I could try and thin the map down using silent mod settings but it may take a while to get to don't look like it would hurt anything sense this is a 3-4yr old topic should have been answered already.