What are your favourite weapons and why (pros and cons)

COD4 weapons  

58 members have voted

1. 1. favourite COD4 weapons

Mine are the M4 Carbine and the M16A4. 

M4 is a versatile weapon, accurate, low recoil, good rate of fire, suitable for close and medium range. It's not very powerful, but in hardcore that's not a real problem. It is like a jack-of-all-trades, not excelling in any category, but suitable for most battle situations. Its only problem is the small magazine (I die mostly during reloading) and a disadvantage at long range shooting.

M16 is a formidable weapon for long and medium range shooting (ask LA Kings about it :)). I use it whenever I don't feel like running around the map and prefer a more conservative play. It is highly accurate, with a tremendous range, enough bullets to last a long time, and good stopping power. It's only disadvantage is in close quarters, as it lacks full automatic fire. 

Oh I thought why I couldn't comment never mind now. 

I chose the AK because it has recoil and that allows you to get a feel for the gun and the damage it does is good.

Ak-74u because it is the best SMG by far

Mine are the M4 Carbine and the M16A4. 

M4 is a versatile weapon, accurate, low recoil, good rate of fire, suitable for close and medium range. It's not very powerful, but in hardcore that's not a real problem. It is like a jack-of-all-trades, not excelling in any category, but suitable for most battle situations. Its only problem is the small magazine (I die mostly during reloading) and a disadvantage at long range shooting.

M16 is a formidable weapon for long and medium range shooting (ask LA Kings about it :)). I use it whenever I don't feel like running around the map and prefer a more conservative play. It is highly accurate, with a tremendous range, enough bullets to last a long time, and good stopping power. It's only disadvantage is in close quarters, as it lacks full automatic fire. 

I agree 100%. I chose those two weapons for the same reasons as well as the Scorpion and P90.

P90 mainly because it has ton of bullets and makes things easy. I really only use it if I want an easy win. Only downside is the iron sight is kind of hard to see through.

The Scorpion is, in my opinion, the most accurate weapon tying with the M16. It makes long range shooting with an SMG simple. Iron sights are fantastic. Although such an awesome weapon comes with its bad sides. The Scorpion has quite a few. Firstly the horribly terribly reload time and which there is no "quick reload" for this gun. The small clip size doesn't make things easier either. Also the hip fire sucks and bullets go everywhere but into the enemy. Last is the range with the silencer. It has the shortest range of all the SMGs (I've tester them all a few times). Although even with all those downsides, I still choose this weapon for my stealth classes.

I agree 100%. I chose those two weapons for the same reasons as well as the Scorpion and P90.

P90 mainly because it has ton of bullets and makes things easy. I really only use it if I want an easy win. Only downside is the iron sight is kind of hard to see through.

The Scorpion is, in my opinion, the most accurate weapon tying with the M16. It makes long range shooting with an SMG simple. Iron sights are fantastic. Although such an awesome weapon comes with its bad sides. The Scorpion has quite a few. Firstly the horribly terribly reload time and which there is no "quick reload" for this gun. The small clip size doesn't make things easier either. Also the hip fire sucks and bullets go everywhere but into the enemy. Last is the range with the silencer. It has the shortest range of all the SMGs (I've tester them all a few times). Although even with all those downsides, I still choose this weapon for my stealth classes.

I was wondering about those SMGs. Never used them much, and was surprised when I discovered that they could kill me from a long range. Can they really shoot that far and still be accurate? The Scorpion as accurate as the M16? Man, I have to test them myself to get a real feel about them.

Regarding the P90, is it perhaps a bit overpowered? 

I was wondering about those SMGs. Never used them much, and was surprised when I discovered that they could kill me from a long range. Can they really shoot that far and still be accurate? The Scorpion as accurate as the M16? Man, I have to test them myself to get a real feel about them.

Regarding the P90, is it perhaps a bit overpowered? 

Yeah all SMGs can shoot across the map. It's just a matter of being able to handle the recoil and hit the target. One bullet at a time works wonders. I have a special fire button for just that occasion. I use the scroll wheel down so it shoots just one bullet. The Scorpion is, at least in my opinion, as accurate as the M16, however, it is nowhere near as powerful.

The P90 is entirely overpowered just like the AK-47.

For me, the best weapon is the AK-47. But if you want to rush, or do a spamnkill on hardcore, you need take a MP5 (with silence) or a P90. But the Ak-47 is good on long and average distance. The mp5 is for melee combat.

MP5 w/iron sights (point and shoot, don't weigh me down!)...I'm a run and gun kinda guy! Also gotta have my 3 nades handy.

M16 for me. Mostly because I've found that it fits my type of game play. I've found I don't have the reflexes necessary for close combat (I could blame my age, or my mouse, or my ping). Most players always get the drop on me. So call it camping or a more reserved style, but the M16 helps me take the time to actually aim my shots and not depend on spray and pray. :) I think if I did have to reflexes, I'd vote for the AK47 as it seems to deal the most damage.

It greatly depends on what map I am playing, how I am going to play the map and where I am spawning on the map. My favorite sniper is the m21, but I will have one of the single shot assault rifles as my secondary I usually prefer the g3 for that. For assault I like both the ak and m4, depending on the map and how I will run it. SMG is p90, lots of ammo and good overall stats. I don't really use shotgun or lmg.

AK-47 with bandolier, stopping power and deep impact. 

Just got used to it, has high damage and just generally versatile. 

Recoil makes kills harder at long distances though. 

You don't need stopping power on the Ak, Stopping power on the AK is a waste of a 2nd perk, the AK does enough damage without stopping power, use UAV, or Double tap.

I like to move around on the map and set traps for the run and gunners.  So I use mostly the M4 with Silencer.  My perks are UAV jammer, Deep impact, Claymores, smoke grenade or flash.  I like the 45 pistol with silencer.

If I am going to camp a little, I like the G3 with silencer, and the same perks as above.  My sniper weapon is M21 with same perks. My small gun is the P90 with silencer and the steady aim instead of deep impact.

I like being invisible to the enemy.  The times I have gone without UAV jammer and silencer, I didn't like the enemy knowing I was coming.  My deaths went way up.

Like Cyen, I am old and slow in this game anymore.  I can't jump and go prone and dance and all that.  But I have found that going straight at the enemy with the P90 blasting will give you an edge.  Burst firing with P90

will just get you killed.

One of the things I like doing is hiding and waiting for the enemy to switch positions.  Most players watch the UAV screen a lot, so I get in some good 10 or 12 kills before they find me.  I find that setting

claymores can upset the game of the R&G guys with 600+ games.  It slows them down some.

I tried all of the guns and all the perks in different combo's over the years, but for me these work.

You don't need stopping power on the Ak, Stopping power on the AK is a waste of a 2nd perk, the AK does enough damage without stopping power, use UAV, or Double tap.

Pretty sure the topic is fav weapons, not advise on how to configure your kits. Please stay on topic.

• Like 1