"Initializing" on my screen all the time

If you have the "Initializing" screen on for short time its normal at the moment as I understood. But if it blocks your way the whole map long then its bad. Try to raise the \com_hunkmegs value to 96\128\156 in console.

• Like 1

I still have the problem. I tried \ com_hunkmegs 156, but it did not work. I had help from some fellow NOQ # 3, but the Initializing still there, as well as Daniele described ... It's a shame ...

May be reinstall the W:ET??? A good pakage to Ubuntu 12.04???

i would not do that yet please post your issue here so the right people can have a look into it  http://fearless-assassins.com/tracker/project-5-gaming-server/

• Like 1

It seems to me that solved the problem ... I remembered that I had recorded the gui on my account ... COPEI etkey pasted in, replacing the last eight characters, and ready ... it seems that it's all right.
Qualqer problem reported here.
Thank you!

• Like 1

I thought I had solved the problem with the "Initializing ..." but it is not true. Sometimes, indeed, the "Initializing ..." disappears in seconds after "Receiving ..." and "Preparing ...". But at other times, the problem persists. I can not say, but it seems to me that the problem is the server, not the installation.
I've tried everything, any hint is welcome.

I thought I had solved the problem with the "Initializing ..." but it is not true. Sometimes, indeed, the "Initializing ..." disappears in seconds after "Receiving ..." and "Preparing ...". But at other times, the problem persists. I can not say, but it seems to me that the problem is the server, not the installation.

I've tried everything, any hint is welcome.

http://fearless-assa...-gaming-server/   <------tracker

• 6 years later...

Hey guys,

Posting a reply here because i get the same problem mentioned : Initializing message not disappearing the whole map (sometimes it does after 10-20min, sometimes not at all).

I tried to set all com_XXXmegs to higher values (zone, hunk, sound..) and did vid_restart a lot of time without success.

Does someone have the final solution to this or is it a server problem ?

My laptop has 4GB RAM and nothing else running while playing.

Tbh it can just be turned off server side, its meant to be a slightly faster load or something like that and has only been recently turned back on on NQ1, i dont remember it being on a few months back for instance. Although the player base has grown a bit since covid there isn't really any need for it and causes more problems than it solves imho.

Turn it off and no one will have the problem.

My tuppence.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snoopcat said:

My laptop has 4GB RAM and nothing else running while playing.

Do you have win10? that damn OS can eat a lot 😕

Next time when you will be on nq1, minimize ET and check in task manager how much RAM is in use.

In game I told you to set that com_ values to 256 but that might be too much for your 4GB

try this:

/com_hunkmegs 128

/com_soundmegs 128

/com_zonemegs 64 or even 32

Thanks for your help.

I set the values to 128/128/64, did a vid_restart, all taht after reinstalling the game from scratch and still it doesn't work.

I checked with ET_minimalizer, used memory while playing ET : 64%. ET is using 22% of the CPU and 127Mo memory. I have plenty left so I don't think this is the problem.

If it can be turned of server side, why bother with it, what is it used for ?

• Sad 1