OpenGL Issues

dGN

Hi,

I came back to game after few months and i first time saw that issue "GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem".

I can not change my resolution. Every time i trying to change it my game crashes. Any advices ?

Video Card is enough for ET.

I had that problem when i upgraded my PC from XP to W7. I installed the latest video driver (the original not the standard one one Microsoft) and that solved it.

Gengis

I've got Win7 and lastest viedo drivers. The funniest thing is, I can play in every newest game but my LAPTOR ( I forgot to say, im playing on laptop) can not handle ET I think the problem is somewhere else

Omg people... as i said i can play evey newest game. Issue is not from direct, video driver or other sh*t from my software. There have be something with ET options that's why im asking.

Hummm...well....when i installed ET on W7 (2010 laptop and 2006 PC upgraded to W7), it was fine with the defaults and ET worked fine with those. So there must be somethng else.

Gengis

Omg people... as i said i can play evey newest game. Issue is not from direct, video driver or other sh*t from my software. There have be something with ET options that's why im asking.

Doesn't matter if those games are Direct3D games (which nearly every newer game is)

ET needs a working opengl driver, double check if your installed driver supports opengl.

If you are not sure get another driver which has validated support for opengl!

Any hardware or OS changes since you played last time?

Try to delete the line r_lastValidRenderer "your gfx card" from all your configs and start ET.

If you're using the latest drivers then roll back to an older version! ET is old and stubborn. It hates new young whipper snapper drivers. This will often solve opengl problems.

To fix your resolution problem when you start ET either type these into your console manually followed by a "vid_restart" or add them into your cfg.

seta r_mode "-1" //Allows you to use custom X and Y values to set your resolution

seta r_customwidth "xxxx" //Match this to your windows X resolution. ex. if your windows res is 1024x768 you would set this to 1024.

seta r_customheight "xxxx" //Match this to your windows Y resolution. ex. if 1024x768 you would set this to 768.

seta r_customaspect "1" //Allows you to use a custom resolution. A lot forget about this lil guy.

seta r_fullscreen "1" //Does exactly what it says.

GL

Edited by LEWLER