URGENT PLEASE EVERYBODY READ!

Brahny Germosen

Congress is trying to pass a rule to sensor the internet. I dont know much on the subject but i am deffinitly aginst it! If you feel the same as me, go here https://www.google.com/landing/takeaction/ and sign the patition to not sensor the internet!

There is more information about this at that link. Everyone sign this, every vote counts.

its a policy to get rid of people illegally download/uploading stuff....so its to prevent piracy. Good intentions but wrong way to go bout it because it makes it so that if someone posts a link of say a illegally downloaded game to this website and they see it, they can shut down the site. Instead of leaving it up to web owners to keep it clean they are basicly stepping in and doin it themselves but by takin the website down instead of the person responsible for posting it....

Don't affect me at all, I stop visiting most US sites when they deemed it necessary to block content because of where I live.

This site would have to go down, or at least partially, you realise that?

90% of the images used are in some way copyrighted, and I can perfectly upload, lets say, a scene from Titanic here. Boom, down goes FA, no trial, just one complaint. Where is your 'liberty' now?

America, land of the ███████

It affects everybody and thinking it wouldn't is ignorant.

• Administrators

This site would have to go down, or at least partially, you realise that?

90% of the images used are in some way copyrighted, and I can perfectly upload, lets say, a scene from Titanic here. Boom, down goes FA, no trial, just one complaint. Where is your 'liberty' now?

America, land of the ███████

It affects everybody and thinking it wouldn't is ignorant.

The more you post the more you look retarded, we host our site in Europe and files are linked not hosted. And no it does not affect me, sure my company might have said they are opposed to SOPA but everyone I talked to supports it. You wouldn't not understand since you never had people distribute shit you worked so hard to develop on torrents and warez sites.
  • Like 1

Agree with JoeDirt about illegal downloading of music or games but I gotta say I find it a little abusive the fact that a site can be closed oy because an user posted copyrighted stuff. Also , what is going to be the limit? Will a gaming frag video get removed because it contains scene of a copyrighted game? Will a forum get closed because of an user using Mc donalds logo as avatar? How much is this gonna cost ?Who is gonna enforce this law?

The more you post the more you look retarded, we host our site in Europe and files are linked not hosted. And no it does not affect me, sure my company might have said they are opposed to SOPA but everyone I talked to supports it. You wouldn't not understand since you never had people distribute shit you worked so hard to develop on torrents and warez sites.

It doesnt matter WHERE the site is hosted, YOU are american right? YOUR ISP can be forced to block the site thus you cant connect to it. Also all the hard earned money 'I dont contribute too because im just a dumb retard' will be freezed. Sopa can definitely kill this site, not just American ones. LINKING files is enough to get you blacklisted. Not only hosting. And even stronger; allowing people to link files on your site is evenly bad! I was serious about my Titanic case.

Also, all ways to circumvent this act are automatically prohibited, thus hosting somewhere else doesnt matter, you wont be accessing it if they dont want too.

Lastly, why are you continuing to call me names all the time? Its been literally every quote...

• Administrators

It doesnt matter WHERE the site is hosted, YOU are american right? YOUR ISP can be forced to block the site thus you cant connect to it. Also all the hard earned money 'I dont contribute too because im just a dumb retard' will be freezed. Sopa can definitely kill this site, not just American ones. LINKING files is enough to get you blacklisted. Not only hosting. And even stronger; allowing people to link files on your site is evenly bad! I was serious about my Titanic case.

Also, all ways to circumvent this act are automatically prohibited, thus hosting somewhere else doesnt matter, you wont be accessing it if they dont want too.

Lastly, why are you continuing to call me names all the time? Its been literally every quote...

How about you actually read the bill before you write a reply. You are misinformed. And no I am not American. Only thing SOPA can do is block American websites for everyone around the world hence making them unavailable on the site here as well, so instead of seeing a video there will be a note saying that video cannot be found or has been blocked. The F|A site as facebook and youtube has its own TOS and if you break them I can ban you hence even if I hosted it in America I have a recourse under SOPA to show them that I complied with a complaint order. To say to people that there is no recourse and that they will immediately get blacklisted is a flat out lie. On the other note I am brutally honest when I deal with stupid people. Please don't post if you have nothing intelligent to contribute.

How about you actually read the bill before you write a reply. You are misinformed. And no I am not American. Only thing SOPA can do is block American websites for everyone around the world hence making them unavailable on the site here as well, so instead of seeing a video there will be a note saying that video cannot be found or has been blocked. The F|A site as facebook and youtube has its own TOS and if you break them I can ban you hence even if I hosted it in America I have a recourse under SOPA to show them that I complied with a complaint order. To say to people that there is no recourse and that they will immediately get blacklisted is a flat out lie. On the other note I am brutally honest when I deal with stupid people. Please don't post if you have nothing intelligent to contribute.

Im sorry, I thought you were an American... seeing how you acted and stuff... Being angry isn't flattering, though.

'Being blocked' means that no american can reach the site, they cant really remove it from the internet... Ofcourse not. As an economic I can say that this site will suffer from it, and badly. You will have to censor your site, else it risks getting 'blacklisted' in the US, lowering the audience you reach a lot. I dont have the data, you do, but I wont be surprised if 50% or more of the people that visit here are actually American. Losing 50% will give you a forceful blow, FA wont recover...

And since when is giving up your rights been so easy? Censorship is a real problem, free speech is what makes us civilised...

On a sidenote, what if I DO have something too say? And I'm not the one being 'stupid'? Its what fora are all about, communicating and discussions, right? Else it would have been a 1.0 HTML webpage with a clan roster...

'sry for the doublepost, just want to slip this in'

Agree with JoeDirt about illegal downloading of music or games but I gotta say I find it a little abusive the fact that a site can be closed oy because an user posted copyrighted stuff. Also , what is going to be the limit? Will a gaming frag video get removed because it contains scene of a copyrighted game? Will a forum get closed because of an user using Mc donalds logo as avatar? How much is this gonna cost ?Who is gonna enforce this law?

Quo, It CANT be enforced correctly, the Internet is HUGE and trying to censor all infringements will be costly for the US. It's like banning cannabis, it's illegal but its easier to get a bag full than to get that one cool baseball card that is totally legal, if you catch my drift. A law is only a law if it can be enforced in a fair way.

• Administrators

Im sorry, I thought you were an American... seeing how you acted and stuff... Being angry isn't flattering, though.

'Being blocked' means that no american can reach the site, they cant really remove it from the internet... Ofcourse not. As an economic I can say that this site will suffer from it, and badly. You will have to censor your site, else it risks getting 'blacklisted' in the US, lowering the audience you reach a lot. I dont have the data, you do, but I wont be surprised if 50% or more of the people that visit here are actually American. Losing 50% will give you a forceful blow, FA wont recover...

And since when is giving up your rights been so easy? Censorship is a real problem, free speech is what makes us civilised...

On a sidenote, what if I DO have something too say? And I'm not the one being 'stupid'? Its what fora are all about, communicating and discussions, right? Else it would have been a 1.0 HTML webpage with a clan roster...

First you can never really block a site for example you can get yourself a free or paid proxy outside US and you will be able to enjoy F|A as much as the other guy. As an ECONOMIST you should know that statistically we have only a small share of US users, we are a global website open to everyone around the world. Losing even 50 percent will not be a blow since this is not a business but a hobby and we run it as such out of our own pockets, so by your thinking I guess we will be saving money. Free speech is something they sell you when you are in school as an adult you will realize it is something made up, your rights well you get some after cops beat the shit out of you and you are able to prove it or you are SOL. In the end this is a private forum and I am the censor, you might share your opinion but if its just hearsay and utter bullshit I have the right and obligation to my members to remove it. I would thread carefully with a reply since this is a uphill battle for you, my suggestion to you is to stay in school (if you dropped out please go back and get a GED) spend less time on computer and TV, grab some books and start reading, or if you are going to have a discussion please read the subject in question first, make sure that your statements have some validity and 3rd don't be afraid to ask questions, because if you post shit that is not true don't be surprised if someone calls you out and shows you the error of your ways with an occasional insult.
  • Like 3

This isn't a battle, this is a discussion. I will withdraw (not saying you're right tho) from it since you are clearly trying to mute me by power.

It's kind of funny how you are already censoring my posts, that implies you actually read them. Weird you don't understand my points then, repeating me and saying im wrong...

See you in game! :D

(PS, by not talking about how you called me 'school drop-out' or uneducated I'm not confirming I actually am.)

Edited by KITE

• Administrators

This isn't a battle, this is a discussion. I will withdraw (not saying you're right tho) from it since you are clearly trying to mute me by power.

It's kind of funny how you are already censoring my posts, that implies you actually read them. Weird you don't understand my points then, repeating me and saying im wrong...

See you in game! :D

(PS, by not talking about how you called me 'school drop-out' or uneducated I'm not confirming I actually am.)

Again I will censor all the retarded posts you make, its my right.
  • Like 1