The Witcher | Trailer | NETFLIX SERIES

Siwex89

• 1 month later...

I wouldn't say it's 10 out of 10.  It is really good, the actors, the scenery, OMG the lights in it - so amazing. I am sure they employed the best guys they could get but for me it's 9. Only because it's the first season and I cannot wait the second one, for sure the characters change and the story. I haven't read the books yet but I am going to. And probably most of you don't know that almost 20 years ago they did The Witcher in Poland, with Polish actors and Polish budget. Bellow I am posting the comparison of 2 same scenes from The Witcher :D

That's a Polish one, 2001:

And here we have a Netflix's one, 2019:

@notellenPage That Polish one is hilarious. I died of laughter at 1.40. 

@Siwex89 Very hard to make a comparison with GoT since GoT has had a lot of seasons to dictate its world and background, eventhough during the first episode my thoughts trailed off thinking of GoT as well. I never played the games or read the story so at the beginning I was a little hazy on what was happening but slowly I really began to piece things together and enjoy it. I think Henry does a great job as the Witcher and actually looks the part. Just finished it and hoping for a second season. 

@CheepHeep  imo it's the most accurate comparison ever
Both series has:
- magic
- cool creatures
- messy fights
- big battles
- boobs

- bro nutting in sis
I've also read critic's reviews and interviews with actors and they all said that this is not next GoT and ofc it isn't and it won't be, but cmon the similarities are way too strong to not to compare to it.

1781620792_Beztytuu.thumb.jpg.958a4121b2dc8e19ca1ff02e3b8007c2.jpg

Edited by Siwex89

I hate how netflix releases these great series for just a season at a time and you need to wait for the next season, if that never comes.

That's why I usually dont start to watch these, as it pisses me off very much to leave it "unfinished"...

Still waiting for the last season on one of the netflix originals and I saw the trailer on imdb already.

That witcher I'll watch for sure when more seasons are available.

11 minutes ago, RendeL said:

That witcher I'll watch for sure when more seasons are available

You may have to wait till 2021. Haha.

@Siwex89yeah but I dont think I want to compare right now when I watched 8 seasons of GoT and only 2 season of the witcher hehe.

1 hour ago, RendeL said:

I hate how netflix releases these great series for just a season at a time and you need to wait for the next season, if that never comes.

You are right but i like netflix for releasing all season in one Day. 

I hate it when I watch anime and I have to wait every week for next episode.. 😑

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RendeL said:

I hate how netflix releases these great series for just a season at a time and you need to wait for the next season, if that never comes

But how else are they supposed to do it? :P

Spend money on making multiple seasons - wait for years before release so filming is finished - and without knowing how it would be received. Wouldn't be a smart thing to do financially. :D 

Edited by CheepHeep

1 hour ago, CheepHeep said:

But how else are they supposed to do it? :P

Spend money on making multiple seasons - wait for years before release so filming is finished - and without knowing how it would be received. Wouldn't be a smart thing to do financially. :D 

I know. Yet I dont care how much they make money, I want to watch all seasons 😆

2 minutes ago, RendeL said:

I know. Yet I dont care how much they make money, I want to watch all seasons 😆

This is what I did with GoT though. Never watched until this year and watched all 8 seasons in 2 weeks hahaha.

• Like 1
  • Surprise 1

Witcher was good, i enjoyed it but one thing they could have done better was to tell you when in the time line things were happening (for example 20 years ago, 50 years ago etc).  First few episodes confused me a bit time wise but once i understood it made more sense.

Bit annoyed i have to wait till 2021 for next season though (has been renewed for season 2 already though), even more so as it was like lord of the rings where you spent 3 years waiting for frodo to throw the bloody ring in the fire waiting for the girl in the woods lol.

• Haha 3
  • 100 1