ET Discussion on Jay 1 about Slots, Jay 2, etc...

-=HipKat=-

I've been out all day so I've not been able to reply to your points yet Hipkat.

6 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

Jay 1 should have about 10 less slots because many maps are just very chaotic with 45-50 people on them.

I partly agree with this, 51 players is a bit hectic. I've found the easiest fix is to just play on a different server. For Jay1, I only play on a team early morning my time when there's around 30 players. Any other time I go play on Jay2 or Silent1.

How that would help people who want to play the obj on Jay 1,  Jay 2 be more populated and how much players like Jay 2 but don't play there because it's usually playing vs Bots.

Doing objective on Jay1 will still be difficult with 20 players a side. Maybe a good compromise would be to start adding more CTF maps or other maps where both sides attack.

Jay2's starting to build up a bigger player base now. Daredevil changed the redirect back to Jay2 either yesterday or the day before and right away we got up to 17v16 players. Here's a couple screenshots I took:

2019-09-29-182551-school.jpg.d6589b0caa720f3080ac9642b74bb7a4.jpg

2019-09-29-183132-school.jpg.9d55f2d29a775159903175a99119d9aa.jpg

Granted, this was on the weekend but it's still progress.

You mentioned somewhere else that people aren't willing to give Jay2 a try because they don't want to play against bots. These were taken around 6pm UK time on Sunday when Jay1 was full. Tell them to give it a try around then and see what they think to it. We can't build a server's population without other people. Players attract players.

They like the different selection of maps

I don't think this is true. Chariot came on last night and a bunch of people went spec cause they didn't know the map. So, there's gonna be less new or 'not so well known' maps on the server now that there's a bigger player base. I'll still try to add the maps that people are asking me for but unfortunately, I'll have to be more selective about it in the future.

As for people saying that Jay1 has a 'small map cycle', it currently has 35 maps in rotation. Jay2 has 26. Not sure what they're talking about 😛.

If you want to suggest maps for Jay1, here's the place:

Tell people to ask for new maps in there or ask for them on their behalf if they're not willing to make a forum account.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • 100 2

• Platinum VIP
5 hours ago, CheepHeep said:

Best way to not become strangers is to talk to them/play with them. In a week, they wont be strangers ;) I play on multiple servers HC, S1, Jay1 and i know regulars from all of them. Reason for it? Because I didnt shy away from a server because i didnt know the regulars, i got to know them and now i have fun on all 3. :)

Nothing wrong with this, in fact yesterday Jay2 had 32 people on. Also if you are saying you dont want to play on jay2 because you dont know the regulars. Do you think those that can no longer play on jay1 because of the reduced number of slots would say the same thing and not play? IMO instead of forcing those that are happy with jay1 to not play, those that arent happy can try our other servers.

Jay2:

2019-09-29-183132-school.jpg

Anyway, I dont plan to respond anymore because sometimes i feel im talking to a brick wall and its about time I check myself into a mental asylum for doing so. :D

Not everyone is like you and plays on multiple servers/mods. I play on Jay 2 when Jay 1 is full because I hate when it;s just total chaos and I can't move around or play my style of game, which is how I know some people on there.   And yeah, that was cool it was pretty full yesterday, but that's rare, not commonly how it is and you know that. Some people may not want to play on Jay 2, EXCEPT, the times Jay 1 goes down, guess where almost everyone goes- Jay 2! 

• Platinum VIP
2 hours ago, ElEl said:

I've been out all day so I've not been able to reply to your points yet Hipkat.

I partly agree with this, 51 players is a bit hectic. I've found the easiest fix is to just play on a different server. For Jay1, I only play on a team early morning my time when there's around 30 players. Any other time I go play on Jay2 or Silent1.

Doing objective on Jay1 will still be difficult with 20 players a side. Maybe a good compromise would be to start adding more CTF maps or other maps where both sides attack.

Jay2's starting to build up a bigger player base now. Daredevil changed the redirect back to Jay2 either yesterday or the day before and right away we got up to 17v16 players. Here's a couple screenshots I took:

2019-09-29-182551-school.jpg.d6589b0caa720f3080ac9642b74bb7a4.jpg

2019-09-29-183132-school.jpg.9d55f2d29a775159903175a99119d9aa.jpg

Granted, this was on the weekend but it's still progress.

You mentioned somewhere else that people aren't willing to give Jay2 a try because they don't want to play against bots. These were taken around 6pm UK time on Sunday when Jay1 was full. Tell them to give it a try around then and see what they think to it. We can't build a server's population without other people. Players attract players.

I don't think this is true. Chariot came on last night and a bunch of people went spec cause they didn't know the map. So, there's gonna be less new or 'not so well known' maps on the server now that there's a bigger player base. I'll still try to add the maps that people are asking me for but unfortunately, I'll have to be more selective about it in the future.

As for people saying that Jay1 has a 'small map cycle', it currently has 35 maps in rotation. Jay2 has 26. Not sure what they're talking about 😛.

If you want to suggest maps for Jay1, here's the place:

Tell people to ask for new maps in there or ask for them on their behalf if they're not willing to make a forum account.

I think I've seen it too with new maps on Jay 1, where people go spec until they start to figure out the map. There's a new on there I saw last night - can't remember the name of it. I was lost, for sure, so going spec allows you to watch people who know the map move around and where things are.

Also, the last thing you said, this IS me asking on their behalf, somewhat

Edited by -=HipKat=-

• Platinum VIP
4 hours ago, daredevil said:

That is exactly how I feel when talking with Hipkat. No more pleasant conversation. Bickering, I am always right or ego style suggestions/post attitude. No matter what you do at the end of the day - if you agree with him, he will tell you that you are the best out of all or good guy or good in his books and if you don't agree, you are just something else.  Somehow, I 'feel' he goes to Italian restaurant and ask for Chinese food. If he doesn't get it, he would ask to change layout, food, menu, etc etc and list will go on. But the best part is he will still come to same Chinese restaurant and will never try other restaurants from same owner. He also feels he has to right to disrespect anyone who doesn't use SMG but everyone should respect him or else he will play victim card. 

Hipkat seriously dude why you don't try silent1, hardcore, old school, etpro etc servers from us? I just don't get it. 

PS IMP note - I never had any issues with you but I am just saying the way I feel it or people feel it. Definitely bud it's just not me. 

That's not how it is at all. I only get argumentative when people act like the things I post are stupid or useless. In the last week I've given positive feedback to people, like EIEI or Aniky for example, who disagreed but explained their side and didn't try to make feel like some idiot for even posting, like YOU do. 

And I explained many times why I don't go to those servers. I don't LIKE those mods. I gave Silent and HC a pretty fair chance and I just didn't like them. As for ETPro, are you saying go to other servers? You don't appreciate my support?

The real problem here is I make a suggestion, you say NO!!! And I ask why and you act like I'm an a-hole for asking why or further explaining my side of it. You'd suck as an attorney, bro. Just sayin'....

Edited by -=HipKat=-

i know El mentioned this before but ill do it again.. you can quote more than 1 person in a post we dont need to receive 4 notifications from you every time you reply thank you @HipKat

Edited by D..X

• Platinum VIP
25 minutes ago, D..X said:

i know El mentioned this before but ill do it again.. you can quote more than 1 person in a post we dont need to receive 4 notifications from you every time you reply thank you @HipKat

Do people seriously subscribe to threads??? Weird..... 

3 minutes ago, -=HipKat=- said:

Do people seriously subscribe to threads??? Weird..... 

yes they do especially moderators and management.

• Like 1
  • 100 1

• Platinum VIP
2 hours ago, D..X said:

yes they do especially moderators and management.

Why?? I mean, I guess I can see it on hot topics, like the Abuse section, but in random discussions, can't you just see when new threads/comments are posted?

i sure can but i have it set up if i reply in any topic and someone replies after me i get an alert unless i unfollow it

1 hour ago, -=HipKat=- said:

Why?? I mean, I guess I can see it on hot topics, like the Abuse section, but in random discussions, can't you just see when new threads/comments are posted?

It also needlessly clutters a topic like what is happening right now. It's simpler for everyone if you just reply to multiple people in the same post. All you need to do is quote what they say like you would for any other post and reply to that and repeat.

• Like 1

Alright. I have been following this topic for some days now and since I am a long time community regular I think its time for me to reply. First there is a reason why Jay1 still does so well. Stock Jaymod settings + dynamic map-pool. FA is well know to listen to feedback of their community. ( That's my experience over the years ). Their longevity proofs that! 

Second, I am really wondering about the people you're talking about who agree with you, because I barely see someone whining/complaining about the chaos. The Chaos is actually the thing that people love about Jay1. ( You are one of the few people who don't, since you're the only one complaining about it, maybe change your style of playing, seeing your KD on Track base I see you die pretty much, maybe that's why you got upset so much? ).

And at last. There is a good working map vote system at the start of each map. Of course you don't like every map, counts for everyone. DD and Leaders do their best to give the community the best gaming experience they can! At the end its a hobby not their job. ;) 

One pro tip: Stop thinking for others. Almost every time you make a complain here, you talk in behalf of others. Still wondering who those people are. 

Edited by equaLz
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum VIP
5 hours ago, ElEl said:

It also needlessly clutters a topic like what is happening right now. It's simpler for everyone if you just reply to multiple people in the same post. All you need to do is quote what they say like you would for any other post and reply to that and repeat.

I know how it works..... 

3 hours ago, equaLz said:

DD and Leaders do their best to give the community the best gaming experience they can! At the end its a hobby not their job. ;) 

One pro tip: Stop thinking for others. Almost every time you make a complain here, you talk in behalf of others. Still wondering who those people are. 

+1 and thank you for bringing up those points its very hard to keep everyone happy but we do try. 

Edited by D..X
  • Like 2

• Platinum VIP
4 hours ago, equaLz said:

Alright. I have been following this topic for some days now and since I am a long time community regular I think its time for me to reply. First there is a reason why Jay1 still does so well. Stock Jaymod settings + dynamic map-pool. FA is well know to listen to feedback of their community. ( That's my experience over the years ). Their longevity proofs that! 

Second, I am really wondering about the people you're talking about who agree with you, because I barely see someone whining/complaining about the chaos. The Chaos is actually the thing that people love about Jay1. ( You are one of the few people who don't, since you're the only one complaining about it, maybe change your style of playing, seeing your KD on Track base I see you die pretty much, maybe that's why you got upset so much? ).

And at last. There is a good working map vote system at the start of each map. Of course you don't like every map, counts for everyone. DD and Leaders do their best to give the community the best gaming experience they can! At the end its a hobby not their job. ;) 

First, you're almost never on when I am. So you really don't know what the conversation is when I'm on. 2nd,. yes, I'm getting older. My reflexes are slower, my eyes are slower to focus so your God damned right I'm looking for ways to make the game more playable for me without making it less fun for younger people and there are a fair number of people in my age group that play on there. Most aren't as competitive as I am and play just for fun. Is it a BAD thing that I want to find ways to keep the game competitive for people like me??

If ET were to be around when you're 55, let me know how that age affects your play style and your K/D results. And "those people" are the players who don't have forum profiles or want to come here to post suggestions or don't feel like those suggestions would get taken seriously (Go figure.....)

• 100 1

HipKat, you say you're a competitive player but you're playing on jaymod servers, there isn't a competition, I'm not trying to brag or stroke my own ego, but it's not hard on there, let's be honest.

Why not try etpro if you're a 'competitive player's?