ET Suggestion Some thoughts on team stacking

HarryAimpotter

3 minutes ago, -=HipKat=- said:

Hey Rendel! How's it going?

Look, man, in my thread about scores, it was posted there is no competition in ET anymore, lol. 

Hey Hipkat! I'm having a headache right now reading this, as you have also hijacked this topic to support your own, which was already explained there how we work.

I understand you have your own mindset about that, but if you really start to think about it, the scores make it more sensible than player count.

If attacking team isn't progressing, then the fault is a lack of support from medics who just play rambo.

I wont be chewing this no longer, but just ask ppl to use their common sense.

@HarryAimpotter those ss, it is ok to have 2 more ppl in one team if scores are ok, sometimes it is needed if other team is getting raped. I have explained this before to you and to others. So a condump of /scores along with ss of players is the right way to go. If admins ignore when ppl are asking for teams, /scores and also ss of players make it crystal clear then.

We cant do much if we dont see how bad things have been. Also best way is to open a topic in a propriate forum, also to just make it clear, or use contact us option, or pm...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Platinum VIP
15 minutes ago, RendeL said:

Hey Hipkat! I'm having a headache right now reading this, as you have also hijacked this topic to support your own\

No actually I was making a joke..... See the "lol" at the end of what I posted?? 

• Like 1

As a 'regular' on jay1 with all spare time I have, I try to switch myself to the weaker team as an first option. If that isn't enough, so far asking for people to balance has worked out. Rarely need to use !putteam command since you can just talk it out. Sometimes I don't notice that teams get off and there might be a good few minutes after which I take action. 

also slightly offtopic, where and when are you usually on hipkat? Haven't seen you during my time on any servers. 

@HarryAimpotter if you see me on servers on either team or spectator, feel free to spam me and I'll see what I can do to help 😄.

Edited by m00jii
  • Like 6

I only really play FA NQ1 so can only really comment on that server regarding uneven teams. 

I have admin 10 on NQ1 (thx Dare) and tbh i find both regulars and admin on there are always the first to move when asked etc, myself included, and a lot of the times its done without much whine or need for anything other than a simple ask in global chat.

However it does happen now and again where no one wants to move (again myself included) so if i'm on the team with less players and in need of another player or 2 i'll ask in main chat for people to 'even up please', i don't usually care who moves as long as someone does and someone usually does after simply asking, if no one moves though i'll then use !even which on NQ vsays globally "teams aresehole" followed by !teams if !even doesn't motivate anyone to move, !teams on NQ does this annoying siren sound for about 10-15 seconds with red TEAMS warnings so no one can say they didn't hear or notice it...failing all that i'll then announce globally that i'll happily move a random player if no one evens....only once have i ever had to move a random player using !put.

I know Regulars and Admin should always be the first to move and sort unbalanced teams (and on NQ1 thats pretty much what happens), but in the same breath i don't think its fair for the same players to always be the first to do so, many a time i've seen regs and admin move 3-4 times in a single map, i myself joke about changing my name to Yoyo when i'm constantly switching teams to even the numbers.

Personally i think if any system were to be put in place to move players automatically it should be the system where the last person to join a team is the first one moved when the teams become unbalanced numbers wise, this way it helps stop people joining the server and jumping on the stronger team as if they do and make the teams uneven numbers wise they are moved my the system and usually works well from what i've seen, plus its then the system that then gets the abuse and not the admins moving people etc. :D

I cant speak for other servers but on NQ1 both regs and admins do their best from what i've seen to make sure teams are even numbers and skill wise, it only becomes a problem on maps where people disconnect and what not but all in all both regs and admin IMHO do a great job on NQ1.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Snuffs99 said:

It should be the system where the last person to join a team is the first one moved when the teams become unbalanced numbers wise

These kind of scripts are actually in use in other servers and they work really well. Why are they not implemented in FA servers?

• 100 1

I always check /scores before I join a team, as RendeL also stated. It's easy to do... Thing is, you can't always have 50/50 rounds. Even if you have 2/3 good fraggers on yourside, if the teamplay isn't there, you still can't win. Sometimes just let it go and try your best. Sometimes I already see complains when teams are decent, but some players got killed serveral times in a row and already started shouting how uneven the teams are. Change your own tactics first... Then the rest will follow. :)

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP
On 9/23/2019 at 8:17 AM, m00jii said:

As a 'regular' on jay1 with all spare time I have, I try to switch myself to the weaker team as an first option. If that isn't enough, so far asking for people to balance has worked out. Rarely need to use !putteam command since you can just talk it out. Sometimes I don't notice that teams get off and there might be a good few minutes after which I take action. 

also slightly offtopic, where and when are you usually on hipkat? Haven't seen you during my time on any servers. 

@HarryAimpotter if you see me on servers on either team or spectator, feel free to spam me and I'll see what I can do to help 😄.

Yes you have, I don't use HipKat on the servers these days

• Sad 1