Reply from EB about #9014 kick

NoGooD

So anyone who put in a ticket request with EB recently probably had their ticket updated a few moments ago.

Here's what mine said in response to my request that myself and other players were being kicked from mine, as well as other servers for the #9014 kick. I included logs showing 74 kicks in 3 days. Mind you I've manually updated PB several times and am still kicked from various servers including mine for the same thing.

I'll admit to ignorance if I've done something wrong, but I've tried various settings with PB_sleep, etc as well as the manual updates and occasionally I'll play for a few days just fine. Then I get kicked 2-3 times in a row. It's like PB kick roulette.

09/15/2010 13:41:38 - "Glenn C"

Note #3: We don't see any reason to believe that this is due to anything regarding the server itself, but rather the players that are having the issue.

• Like 4

• Administrators

Search "#9014:" (1485 hits in 1 files) - Jay 1 

This is the reason why new games are coming with VAC.

POS PBSS which gives lag for ATI card users and doesn't work with DX10 and above versions.

There every update screws up W:ET servers!

F'ck them!

Note #3: We don't see any reason to believe that this is due to anything regarding the server itself, but rather the players that are having the issue.

I wonder how players can create the issue :P

That just means they don't have a clue what they have done this time.

• Administrators

Dare...let me know what response you get from EB. I'm curious if they say the same.

Sorry man they never reply to any of my tickets.

Trolling the QAW forums I ran into this post "OK - so I received a response to my support ticket from EB:

----------------------------------------

09/21/2010 11:17:59 -

Note #2: Please delete the PB folder from the game installation, then run PBSetup and let it check for updates. Make sure you don't run PBSetup from inside the PB folder.

----------------------------------------

Here's a link to PBSetup:

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

I guess the difference between what they recommended and what had I tried earlier was that I hadn't deleted the PB folder. I tried this today as they suggested and it appeared to work (didn't get kicked for losing key packets - but it could be a fluke - not sure).

Would you guys try this and let me know? If it still doesn't work - I'll have to update the ticket.

Disco and MG - thanks - my versions are the same as yours. The only difference is that Disco did a clean install - so I'm leaning towards this (generic) solution working.

The GUID Unknown error (every 6 maps) still happens but I can live with that. I'll try to create a new ticket or update the current ticket with that and see if they have any suggestions. "

Thanks to Porridge for posting this info there :) thought maybe it'd help those of you getting kicked by this.

i m glad not to have these 9014 kicks. grumpy is also fine.

we both have win 7 pro 64 bit

we both use the same cfg

maybe this helps some1 to find out the problem.

Any way we could see these cfgs..or at least the settings part of it to test?

Search "#9014:" (1485 hits in 1 files) - Jay 1 

This is the reason why new games are coming with VAC.

POS PBSS which gives lag for ATI card users and doesn't work with DX10 and above versions.

There every update screws up W:ET servers!

F'ck them!

Now that you mention it, when i enter a server, the first 2 seconds the screen stalls and then everything runs fine. I only got the #9014 kick like once but never again. (maybe its only because i play 1-2 maps then stop lol)

imo we should all send EB a trouble ticket about these annoying kicks, regardless if you get kicked or not.

I m getting kicked every 20 Minutes for #9014. This problem persists now for over 5 weeks and it kinda ruins the fun in playing this game for more than the half of the ET Community. This issue started with the latest PB update.

Its over the time, that you fix this problem. People moaning absolutely rightfully about never buying a PB game again. Yes, ET is a free game, but this legitimates not to ruin it.

Thx in advance to fix this problem.

Regards,