pc shuting down

Jorz

these days my pc shuts down its self!yesterday it shuted down at 13:30 local time and 15:30,today it shuted down at 13:30 and 14:10!(i am posting from my mobile phone)whats up with it?i think somebody is using ip scanner and has the feature to shut down pcs?how can i block that?if it isnt that,any thoughts?

What are you doing, if anything when the PC shuts down?

you mean what i do after my pc shuts down itself?i do nothing than reboot after 15-30 minutes.

I have googled it and found that its a problem with power suply or high temperatures and much more.

lol it's probably overheating trying to run ET. Most pcs shut down when they overheat. Open the case and carefully wipe all the dust off your fan, motherboard, and graphics card.

Continued overheating will damage the heat transfer gel used on your CPU. You may need to pry the chip off and put some Arctic Silver on the bottom (don't use too much just a drop) then put it back together again. It's not hard I did it a few months ago on my old pc.

dust%20pc1.JPG

My pc used to overheat too, the main problem was all the dust that had built up, check to make sure yours doesn't look like this.

That is awesome picture...lol

Yes like incoming says ..i was wondering if you were gamin or machine was idle...if you were gamin or putting PC under stress then more than likely overheating issue...clean and or replace

lol it's probably overheating trying to run ET. Most pcs shut down when they overheat. Open the case and carefully wipe all the dust off your fan, motherboard, and graphics card.

Continued overheating will damage the heat transfer gel used on your CPU. You may need to pry the chip off and put some Arctic Silver on the bottom (don't use too much just a drop) then put it back together again. It's not hard I did it a few months ago on my old pc.

yep thats right!i found the problem before saw your reply,i downloaded speedfan and it displayed that my pc was in 94C temperature lol and there is a limit as i know at 95C

whats the arctic silver?(my bad knowledge and english :P)

yep thats right!i found the problem before saw your reply,i downloaded speedfan and it displayed that my pc was in 94C temperature lol and there is a limit as i know at 95C

Speedfan

Be carefull using Speedfan, I used to use this too, but the fact was that there was alot of dust built up inside my PC.

My advice is to pop open the side door and just check for dust build up before you overclock your fans just too cool it off.

Clean the dust out of your PC and reapply thermal paste to your CPU if needed (artic silver is a brand of thermal paste).

Don,t know what is causing this but i have similar problem with ET , sometimes my ET closes itself in the middle of game :S

try play et from 2.60b patch i had that problem to but i done what dare said and used 2.60b patch and i have not had that problem sine

and as for this problem all you need to do is clean the pc out like everyone is saying it best to clean it out ever 2 months or whatever fits in with you

• 3 months later...

I got since today the same issue, but the strange thing is that my Norton Antivirus says that my pc is in danger. (The pc shuts down and reboots again by itself, just like a reset)

When I run the check scan, it doens't say anything expect that 1 part failed.

It has something to do with my auto-updater, while I run update everyday myself, so that can't be the case?

I got since today the same issue, but the strange thing is that my Norton Antivirus says that my pc is in danger. (The pc shuts down and reboots again by itself, just like a reset)

When I run the check scan, it doens't say anything expect that 1 part failed.

It has something to do with my auto-updater, while I run update everyday myself, so that can't be the case?

Don´t know for sure, but maybe really some malware has disabled your Norton and shutting it down. Check task manager(CTRL+ALT+DEL)- close all programs and see how many strange\unknown processes you have, do they eat up CPU\RAM? Does Norton really finish updateing? If not most probably malware.

lol at this pic:P spidernest :P