StarCraft2

kARm3Y*

• 2 months later...

I played it. It is great singleplayer but in multi i always get owned by those screaming crazy koreans D=

i rape on starcraft......Seriously, being korean, i played SC since i was in kindergarden.

Havent tried SC2, prob gonna torrent it and play single player till price drops down :D

i rape on starcraft......Seriously, being korean, i played SC since i was in kindergarden.

Havent tried SC2, prob gonna torrent it and play single player till price drops down :D

Lol i can see it now =D. Before you learn to read or write in kindergarden. They teach korean kids to play starcraft =P. No wonder you guys are so damn good

Lol i can see it now =D. Before you learn to read or write in kindergarden. They teach korean kids to play starcraft =P. No wonder you guys are so damn good

Hell yeah, every korean kid's dream is to be a pro-gamer for SC.

They get paid millions just to sit in front of high-tech comp on TV and play SC. :D

• 4 months later...

I'm so used to the C&C series where you just build 1 type of unit and barge through their defense and win. Bought Starcraft 2 first day of release thinking I would be a bad ass. Then I lost to the noobiest army in single player. Then I looked into it more and you actually have to think about what you build, where you build it. You have to spy on the enemy and see what they are building then counter build them or something, rock paper scissor units. I thought "Ugh" and basically uninstalled it for when I get laid off or something, didn't feel like trying to grapple the learning curve. Its not a bad game, but for someone who is used to other RTS and never played any SC. SC is on a higher level in the RTS for thats for sure.

I've never played Sc1 and always been a huge Cnc fan (4 sucked though) and i was the same. I was stuck in the low bronze league because i wasn't sure what to build so i cheated (sorta)

I set up a match between two brutal terran and watched the replay after to see what they did. I went straight from bronze to gold in 15 games, but... havnt played it since my laptop died 2 months ago though. But i'll always take Cnc over Sc.

C&C was hell lot of fun but comparing it to SC either 1 or 2, it's a HUGE difference, at least for me. In C&C you had pretty decent amounts of units to choose from, but you could only build 1 at a time from barracks or factory (Red Alert 2, Tiberian sun). From Generals onwards you could 1 unit per production building. I never played them in multiplayer so I can't tell, but from single player and vs computer it basically was amassing units and swarming the enemy into submission. I probably played it horribly wrong back then, but now in Starcraft 2 (and 1) it's all about macromanagement, constantly spending resources on army/upgrades, expanding and knowing what your enemy does, countering his tech choices, harassment and other stuff. Hella lot of multitasking (which I horribly suck at in SC). Currently in silver league, but hopefully I'll get to advance.

Anyone playing this in Euro servers?

I'm playing in NA servers :/ I'm terrible though xD bronze 1v1 but only played maybe 15 1v1 matches, silver in 2v2,3v3 and 4v4 lol but I'm a huge fan of vexal tower defense and really love the sc2 custom maps