Alot of questions

Crips+

Hi,

I'll get to the point, to not waste more time.

Those are omni bot questions(hard to find answers on these)current omnibot 0.66:

1.I'd like to know how I can choice bots class. (please no bot addbot class team blabla)

2.How I can prevent bots from using MG(like tank etc)

3.When a bot is covert ops, i'd like to prevent him from taking sniper because it walks in sniper mode all the time, like a freaking cheater.

Jaymod related:

2.1:Best way to have RCon set on server but still safe for the open source w:et hackerz.

2.2:I have enchanmod 1.0.9(newest), and some stuff dont work. I dont know if it's server side or at builder. I done exact the same builder asked to get forcecvar on entrace, but it doesn't work.(im 100% sure I did it the right way).Also some other g_commands from the 1.0.9 dont work, like flags not showing etc.

PB:

3.1: I know you wont say it but worth a try.

Many thanks, and I hope you can answer all of them :)

Edited by Crips+

• Administrators

1. To add bots of your choice class:

Create a text file and name it to bots.cfg & add the following:

bot addbot 1 1 // Axis Solder
bot addbot 1 2 // Axis Medic
bot addbot 1 3 // Axis Engineer
bot addbot 1 4 // Axis Field Ops
bot addbot 1 5 // Axis Covert ops
bot addbot 2 1 // Allied Solder
bot addbot 2 2 // Allied Medic
bot addbot 2 3 // Allied Engineer
bot addbot 2 4 // Allied Field Ops
bot addbot 2 5 // Allied Covert Ops

Copy/upload bots.cfg to the server. You can either place in the mod folder or etmain.

When the server starts, you can then exec it with /rcon exec bots.cfg (/exec bots if you are running a home server).

Alternatively you can add exec bots.cfg to your server startup script or the server.cfg (or whatever you named the server config)

2. No you can't in 0.66. AFAIK aim spread didn't work properly in 0.66 for MG 42.

3. Sorry no clue. Might want to ask on omni forums.

Jaymod related:

1. Nothing is safe for life time. But if you use enhance mod + latest patched etded you are good till another exploit comes out.

2 Your XML settings might be wrong. Feel free to post here your xml settings. Force cvars needs his modified jay client.

PB:

3. I don't understand your question? Elaborate?

Also people getting kicked for: acking download mode.

Looks like download issue to me.

Also people getting kicked for: acking download mode.

Are they getting kicked, or disconnected?

If they are disconnected...it just means that they are downloading the map and not taking up a server slot. Once downloaded, they should automatically connect to the server.

If they actually are getting disconnected from the download, then double check the URL to your redirect.

If that doesn't solve the issue, this thread may help http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3825

Omnibots mounting mg's.

This is what I used in the config file when I had Jaymod (official 2.1.7) server. It worked correctly but I did allow the bots to mount tanks. Actually I'm not entirely sure what the XP save disabling should do so don't count on that one.

// 0 - default, 1-disable XP-save, 2-bots don't mount tanks, 4-bots cannot mount emplaced guns

// 8-Don't count bots (affects the that value of cvar omnibot_playing, which is

// the number of bots playing or -1 if this flag is set.

set omnibot_flags "5"

Jaymod related:

2 Your XML settings might be wrong. Feel free to post here your xml settings. Force cvars needs his modified jay client.

Enchmod forcecvar settings dont have to be in XML config, right ?

In the readme it said: forcecvarfile.cfg, and write the forcecvars in there like this: forcecvarex cg_fov IN 90 120 (example).

And about the bots choising a team, isn't there another way then manualy do so, cuz that seems abit shity tbh.

Edited by Crips+

• Administrators

Are you using his jaymod client?

Note: In order to get working forcecvar, you need to add the package "Enhanced HUD", otherwise a optional choice.

The flag 4 does pretend omnibots from taking the mg42 in mounted prositions. In my experience, it is not necessary to take it off from tanks. Players are fully happy as long as there aren't any killer bots aiming at the spawn points with any possible stationary mgs :P

I got the following:

enhmod_qagame.mp.i386.so

enhmodv109.pk3

jaymod_enh.so

qagame.mp.i386.so

And forcecvars are in forcecvarfile.cfg. Also the set g_flagsbehaviour "random" doesnt work. = To give bots a random IP. (instead of local host).

• 2 months later...

I got the following:

enhmod_qagame.mp.i386.so

enhmodv109.pk3

jaymod_enh.so

qagame.mp.i386.so

And forcecvars are in forcecvarfile.cfg. Also the set g_flagsbehaviour "random" doesnt work. = To give bots a random IP. (instead of local host).

The randomized IP for omni-bots requires EnhHUD to be installed. I don't recommend that though.