some discussion

beckham

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I've been on servers that have a !burn or !slap for inapropiate talk on the servers but freedom of speach should be given for example " damm dude just f***ed me up " or holly shit you scared the f***ing crap out of " but the ones that aim hate to another player is un-called for and is should be !mute forever for racesit crap

• Administrators
but the ones that aim hate to another player is un-called for and is should be !mute forever for racesit crap

Everyone is king and queen on internet. Let u tommy speak rather then admin commands. :D

the only thing that is censored is 'bot' on the game, why i dont know. apparently one of the FA people said it has something to do with the creators of this script mod doing that and the word 'obama' is under the same problem.. i hear rumours that that words was censored as well.

as for general swear words i use them sometimes so i dont feel too limited in the freedom of speech especially when making an undirected comment.

• Administrators
the only thing that is censored is 'bot' on the game, why i dont know. apparently one of the FA people said it has something to do with the creators of this script mod doing that and the word 'obama' is under the same problem.. i hear rumours that that words was censored as well.

as for general swear words i use them sometimes so i dont feel too limited in the freedom of speech especially when making an undirected comment.

It's just it is using the old censor file. It's a windows based server so i can't change anything while server is on.

When we first started server hackers used to come and used to spam their website and bot name.

Result: Newbies go to that website and used to get busted for no reason. So, we censored those bot (hax names) and their website names.

I still need to fix welcome messages because if you see on F|A 2 it says welcome to F|A RECR XP SAVE rather then new server name. ;)

Even on forums few haxing website names are censored because it's always hard to keep track of each post.

Example: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=775

It's boring to manually edit post when it can be done auto. B)

Nazi is censored as well. Why ? Are we not fighting for/against the facist regime? Also certain curse words are censored as well. Some servers have automute for cursing, usually about 5 minutes or so (not F|A's servers).

• Administrators

PM me the words which should be removed and are on the list. I had copied cursed words from google since i don't know all languages. :D

Mute is too much according to me. Censor is more then enough.

PM me the words which should be removed and are on the list. I had copied cursed words from google since i don't know all languages. :D

Mute is too much according to me. Censor is more then enough.

Oh Dare...i by no means ment automuting people for using profanity. So long as a person isn't harrasing someone else (repeatedly). I was merely pointing out that there are servers out there that will mute on first time offenses for using profanity automatically. Personally I don't care if there is a censorship or not...the only word I would like to see added to the game would be Nazi. Too many people around the world are forgetting the horrors and atrocities that were caused by germany and their allies. WW2 vets aren't even dead yet and people are already saying the holocaust never happened. I can only imagine what will be said by the time my grandchildren will be in school. Will everyone have to walk around with a teleprompter to make certain they say the right things at the appropriate time?

you should never forget what the nazis did, and what they created. overall the nazis were considered the worst thing that has happened on the planet but lets not forget the invetions this party has come up with, even by today which is derived from nazi tech. jet fighters for one, advanced medical understanding for another at the expense of many innocent peoples lives, big motorways and i mean the list goes on..

This is like highschool u dont have freedom of speech just censor urself

you should never forget what the nazis did, and what they created. overall the nazis were considered the worst thing that has happened on the planet but lets not forget the invetions this party has come up with, even by today which is derived from nazi tech. jet fighters for one, advanced medical understanding for another at the expense of many innocent peoples lives, big motorways and i mean the list goes on..

Learn ur history they were not the worst history is written by the winners of wars. Russia killed like 16 million jews and Germany killed 6 million 100,000 of them went to experiments that helped the americans learn about affects of like how cold it is in airplanes and if it is survivable at altitudes. Dont foreget us americans killed jews also in ww2. Get ur facts staight not all german soldiers are nazis they were fighting for there country. we do this to in the american army too. :mad