RedBaird

• Leader

This appeared on an Opera updates page that opened for me.

I don't really know if this really a valid test or just an "always use Opera" sort of thing. I will have to try it with my other browsers, via Private-Incognito type modes.

https://cryptojackingtest.com

1) I just tried it with IE 11 and the test-page said "protected", BUT my Norton AV said that it blocked a intrusion attempt by a a JSCoinminer site and a coinhive IP.

2) Tested on Chrome and Norton said that it blocked a JSCoinminer site before I even pressed "start" for the test...which said that my Chrome is "protected."

3) Tested on Edge and got the same as #2 above.

I guess that my test is not valid because of the "interference" from Norton AV. :) BTW, I had used a free-proxy each time so that they could not connect my tests via my IP.

4) I ran the test on Opera and Norton did not react at all. The result was also "protected". That might imply that my IE, Chrome and Edge are not internally protected.

" Other desktop users overall test results "

78.5% Protected
21.5% Not protected

++ Finished testing after Xernicus had replied below...

Edited by RedBaird
  • Like 1