What DPI do you guys use?

Tomato

DPI = Dots Per Inch = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mouse_dpi#Mouse_speed

Ontopic: I have absolutely no idea what DPI I have or how to change it, I guess it's time to install drivers for my mouse.

Edit: Well on manufacturer's site it says it's 1000 DPI and it probably can't be changed.

I use 400 dpi. There's a funny bug in the Quake3 engine (i.e. what ET runs on) that causes negative mouse acceleration with high DPI's on mice. In theory, you can get around that with a a program like Direct Input, by abort (who's been competing in Wolf since RtCW), but that's always seemed like a bit much to me.

Don't laugh, but I use 5600 dpi with my newest mouse (Razer Naga) and it seems a lot more accurate to me. Then I drop the ctl panel/mouse settings/pointer speed down to 2 to compensate for the speed of the mouse in normal computer use.

In ET I use a sensitivity of 4 (with fov 90) and 6 (with fov 120). I change it back and forth constantly with a toggle script. Works great with 5600 dpi and 1000 Hz polling rate.

Oh, I use cl_mouseaccel 0.05 so I never see any negative acceleration issues. A little bit of mouse acceleration helps a lot in short-range combat.

I've always read that a dpi over 400 is bad but I never understood the logic. Higher dpi = more precise to me.

Could be a placebo effect I don't know.

Don't laugh, but I use 5600 dpi with my newest mouse (Razer Naga) and it seems a lot more accurate to me. Then I drop the ctl panel/mouse settings/pointer speed down to 2 to compensate for the speed of the mouse in normal computer use.

In ET I use a sensitivity of 4 (with fov 90) and 6 (with fov 120). I change it back and forth constantly with a toggle script. Works great with 5600 dpi and 1000 Hz polling rate.

Oh, I use cl_mouseaccel 0.05 so I never see any negative acceleration issues. A little bit of mouse acceleration helps a lot in short-range combat.

I've always read that a dpi over 400 is bad but I never understood the logic. Higher dpi = more precise to me.

Could be a placebo effect I don't know.

In Windows it is better if you set 6 (middle) in the mouse control panel and change the sensitivity in game or using the control panel of your mouse.

By the way I am on a 800dpi mouse. I use sensitivity at 1.7 on a 1680x0150 screen with FOV 100.