How To make Binds Chat - Sound - ShortCuts - Enemy Territory

-=Medic=-

Put the file on etmain folder.

for binds read this tutorials http://fearless-assassins.com/tutorials/article/73-how-to-make-binds-chat-sound-shortcuts/

then after writing some binds just copy them in your autoexec at the bottom, save, once you are on server hit F10 and you are done

if you still need help to create some!! you can ask here http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/8310-wet-how-to-make-binds-chat-sound-shortcuts/

Where can I find that Etmain folder?

I have been searching everywhere at my pc, but I can't find any map like etmain or wolfenstein.

I got Windows XP.

Where can I find that Etmain folder?

I have been searching everywhere at my pc, but I can't find any map like etmain or wolfenstein.

I got Windows XP.

Depends on where you installed ET. Most likely C:\Program Files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\etmain\.

Instead of putting "unbind [key]" before each bind, just put "unbindall" at the beginning of your config. Also, you don't have to add .cfg when you execute your config. Just type "/exec autoexec".

In your screenshot, you misspelled the name.. you put "autoxec" instead of "autoexec". Your config doesn't have to be named "autoexec", btw. I would rename it to something easier for you to type and to remember, like "alexandra".

no cuz her config have only few keys for binding not all (unbindall will unbind all rest of her keys), that's why i used for each key: unbind... but it's not needed anyway since you found out why she couldn't exec the autoexec, she misspelled the exact word

Alexandra you do need to do exec autoexec on console just one time then your config will be reloaded anytime using F10.

no cuz her config have only few keys for binding not all (unbindall will unbind all rest of her keys), that's why i used for each key: unbind... but it's not needed anyway since you found out why she couldn't exec the autoexec, she misspelled the exact word

Alexandra you do need to do exec autoexec on console just one time then your config will be reloaded anytime using F10.

Hahaha oops :D I feel like such a dumbass now ^^

And wooo bindings work now :D n it all looks hawtzors

but what is this??

4jxmxi.png

i dont get it :D

Hahaha oops :D I feel like such a dumbass now ^^

And wooo bindings work now :D n it all looks hawtzors

but what is this??

I let you read this explanation: Lagometer

you can disable it, just open your autoexec and find line seta cg_lagometer "1" and then change value to "0"

But if you're gonna put your vsay/say binds in a config, why not put your other binds in it? It would've been easier and more beneficial to /bindlist, /condump, and paste into your autoexec config file than to insert "unbind [key]" before every bind. It's silly to only make half of a config.

But if you're gonna put your vsay/say binds in a config, why not put your other binds in it? It would've been easier and more beneficial to /bindlist, /condump, and paste into your autoexec config file than to insert "unbind [key]" before every bind. It's silly to only make half of a config.

Make autoexec with binds it's impossible, cuz i know all people don't use the same key for binds or some use different file for separate binds and if i ever touch that with every single request you'll have to deal with comments "OH man all my binds are gone... WTF ... OMG... I wanna my binds back"... :blink:

so better keep things the way it is, believe me i know what i'm talking about cuz already tested those kind of situations, but I already told people if they wanna script or binds they can ask so i can add http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/2271-official-autoexeccfg-config-request/page__view__findpost__p__80008

but may be i'm gonna add that on the first post better to be more obvious so people can ask for it when they first request the autoexec ;)

• 5 years later...

Hey guys,

got a little problem. When creating my custom vsays, all my capital letters transform into normal size letters.

Anyone who can help me fix this?

Grtz, G0dl!ke

• 3 years later...

maybe a Dull question but i guess im doing something wrong

i want to bind a name change to - key

and another name to the + key

i thought it was \bind - name ^1ca^7rn^4ag^0e

and the other is \bind - name ^1ca^7rn^4age . 

only difference is the E becomes black in the 1st binding

but that doesnt do anything , what am i doing wrong ?

On 4/30/2019 at 6:10 PM, Carnage0313 said:

maybe a Dull question but i guess im doing something wrong

i want to bind a name change to - key

and another name to the + key

i thought it was \bind - name ^1ca^7rn^4ag^0e 

and the other is \bind - name ^1ca^7rn^4age

only difference is the E becomes black in the 1st binding

but that doesnt do anything , what am i doing wrong ?

Put this cfg in your ETMain, when you log on the a server everytime, use the dropdown and enter /exec carnage.cfg.

after that you can use the keypad plus key to cycle the 2 names you have and keypad minus to select your nick.

hope this helps you out.

this is what the bind looks like:

//
// Namescript
//

bind KP_PLUS "vstr chooseNick" // Pick a nick
bind KP_MINUS "vstr setNick" // Set nick

set chooseNick1 "echo "^l>^zNick: ^7[^1ca^7rn^4ag^0e ]"; set chooseNick "vstr chooseNick2"; set setNick "set name "^1ca^7rn^4ag^0e"""
set chooseNick2 "echo "^l>^zNick: ^7[^1ca^7rn^4age]"; set chooseNick "vstr chooseNick3"; set setNick "set name "^1ca^7rn^4age"""
set chooseNick "vstr chooseNick1"
set setNick "echo "^l>^zNick: ^7Choose a nick first!""

Carnage.cfg

Edited by Sl@yer
  • Like 1

On 5/4/2019 at 3:05 PM, Carnage0313 said:

Your Awesome

Thanks alot im going to try it out right away 🤗

Let me know if you're in need of anything else i could make up for you. got a handy one for cross-hair colors.

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...

I know this is late, but does someone  just "have" a .cfg file with global basic chat binds, using the basic commands, requests, etc, so that I could just "add' them to my files, cfg so that I know they are correct? I am having trouble seeing exactly what a good file should look like with the correct binds. I know, LAMO. I just want to know, when I pick "O" or "P" the correct global command will come up....sigh