My MSI / AMD Build

WarMongrel

Im not a pro by any means and i guess i could have spen a little more time on cosmetics but this is my current rig and it rocks!

Specs

MSI NF750-G55 Mobo

AMD Phenom II 550 Black edition x2 OCed to 3.5ghz

Thermaltake Bigwater Liquid CPU cooler

MSI N250GTS Twin Frozr Vid card

Kingston Hyperx DDR3 1600 - 2x 2Gig sticks

Antec 650W psu

Antec 300 Case w Led

segate 7200rpm baracuda HD

Nothing too crazy but it runs cold as ICE and never skips a beat.. Hope to add a second vid card when funds allow ill keep you all updated.

Picture040.jpg[/img]

Picture036.jpg[/img]

Picture049.jpg[/img]

Picture041.jpg[/img]

Picture028.jpg[/img]

Picture046-1.jpg

Picture044.jpg

• Like 2

Nice. Lol our motherboards almost look exactly the same and is the same family of boards =D (they are nice budget gaming boards). I also have the exact same HD as you and exact same powersupply =).

Also I like your choice of case. Antec 300 is probably the most bang for the buck you can get for any case in the market. Also if you have the processor I think you have "Phenom II x 2 550 Black Edition" you can unlock the cores on that motherboard so it has 4 cores (you need to update your bios to do that).

But ya I totally like what you got going =). Its uberly budget wise and gives out great performance =P (I like the colorful tubes for your water cooling too)

Guest R..pace!

Nice build but AMD sucks! lol jks. I have an intel-based PC right now...

High end intel processors are really overpriced though. Once I get the mula I'll build/buy an AMD rig as well, unless by some miracle, intel chips begin to sell for equal or less...

Once again, good job and nice choice of componentswink.gif

Thanks for all the compliments Guys! Performance on a Budget is exactly what i was going for. I did try to unlock the extra cores on the CPU but i could not get it to stabilize with then unlocked. And yes the Antec 300 is not the flashiest case but its very cheap and provides Excellent cooling and air flow for around 50 bucks US. And as far as doing better on the video card my plan is to sli when i can so i didn't feel the need to run a very expensive single card. What suggestions would have made instead for around 140 bucks US? i Researched alot of cards and this one offered great specs for the price. Plus its MSI and i love Everything MSI they make GREAT quality stuff IMO.

Thanks again everyone. I welcome any suggestion and opinions. Ill send more pics soon when i add the next card and clean up the inside a lil bit

MSI NF750-G55 Mobo $100

AMD Phenom Black edition x2 OCed to 3.5ghz $100

Thermaltake Bigwater Liquid CPU cooler $80

MSI N250GTS Twin Frozr Vid card $140

Kingston Hyperx DDR3 1600 - 2x 2Gig sticks $120

Antec 650W psu $70

Antec 300 Case w Led $50

segate 7200rpm baracuda HD $60

= Aprox 720.00 USD

these are all aprox what i paid for each component

MSI NF750-G55 Mobo $100

AMD Phenom Black edition x2 OCed to 3.5ghz $100

Thermaltake Bigwater Liquid CPU cooler $80

MSI N250GTS Twin Frozr Vid card $140

Kingston Hyperx DDR3 1600 - 2x 2Gig sticks $120

Antec 650W psu $70

Antec 300 Case w Led $50

segate 7200rpm baracuda HD $60

= Aprox 720.00 USD

these are all aprox what i paid for each component

Pretty good. The cost of stuff really depends on where you live =) (your liquid cooler is way cheaper than what they sell for where i live )

thats cheap....though i think you could have gotten better vid card with that money

True but the card he bought will probably last him a life time. I heard the components are top grade and has very good cooling (I am just going by reviews I read). There are cheaper 250's out there (like around the $115 range) but the quality is questionable. He also wants to SLI with his current 650W power supply and considering that the GTS 250 is pretty power friendly, he should have no problem.

Very nice machine, love the liquid cooling that is awesome.... did my machine last month

Ecs elitegroup A780GM-M3 mobo

AMD phenom 2 x4 3.0 ghz quad core processor

ATI MSI R5750 vid card

2GB 1066 DDR2 G.Skill ram

580 watt suntech power supply

250GB western Dig 7200 HD

Antec 300 series case

Lightscribe DVD writer rom

Edited by Funkbut

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

IMG_0158.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

IMG_0156.jpg

Just an update...

Added 2 mor 2gb sticks of kingston hyper X ram

Added Kingston Hyper X Ram Cooler

Added Front control pannel with programable temp alarms and 4 temp probes plus 4 channel varible fan control.

And neatened up that really long rad hose with some 90s