Jaymod Server Spawn Shield Protection

Jaaa!&

I noticed that on the Jaymod server's, that the shield protection is up even after they start shooting at other people. I think this gives an unfair advantage of protection to the person whom just spawned. I know that they are big servers but still, I can kill them even if they have the spawn protection when they start shooting. If you would like a video, Ill make one and post it.

I noticed that on the Jaymod server's, that the shield protection is up even after they start shooting at other people. I think this gives an unfair advantage of protection to the person whom just spawned. I know that they are big servers but still, I can kill them even if they have the spawn protection when they start shooting. If you would like a video, Ill make one and post it.

Why is it an unfair advantage to them if you can still kill them?

I think that's a good thing.. spawnkilling is permitted.. and this allows you to either kill the spawnkiller who clearly doesnt know the spawntimes for the shield and therefore outta be taken down fast anyhow OR run away to safer ground.

Its almost an instinct to shoot back at someone as soon as they shoot you.. and even with spawnshield.. if you have blood splatter on you STILL see the damage on screen even tho you've sustained none.. not many people are able to have presence of thought to just NOT shoot back to lose the shield.

besides if you stay in your spawn long enuff to lose your shield normally and still get killed.. TOO bad sucka!

Simple solution is: Dont rush the spawns too early. On some maps they can only leave thru certain ways and by the time they move even near those, their sheild is gone anyhow.

Plus.. lets face it.. nothing makes server owners happier than seeing a full server most of the time. This allows even new players some time to get adjusted to the server and its un-written laws a tad faster... such as spawnkill and major stompage ( the act of NOT being in a spawn itself.. but nailing anything that attempts to leave it).

But this is just one mans opinion, and i never saw the spawnshield as anything but a positive aspect to the gameplay.

Spawn shield on our own jaymod is done by time, off the top of my head 3 seconds is the standard setting.

It's normally the Axis spawning into flames or arty and mortar just outside the spawn, and the settings on the F|A jays seem okay to me, I play as an Axis most of the time.

There is enough time to get outta the spawn if you don't hang around before your shield goes.

Most of the moans I've seen on both the F|A jays about sg are from players who play as Allies nearly all the time, if they played a supply, Venice or some of the other maps as an Axis they'd probably change their mind.

Im on axis generally, it doesn't bother me, but it seems unfair.

I don't get how it's unfair to be able to get out of your own spawn with full health to be able to shoot at a camped opposition, most of who have no intention of doing an objective and are just after easy kills.

Geez the spawn shields are fine. Although spawn killing is allowed. Its kind of lame to spawn camp then complain about spawn shield. On some maps with mortar and arty fire landing in spawn how would you propose to get out of spawn.

Guest R..pace!

Geez the spawn shields are fine. Although spawn killing is allowed. Its kind of lame to spawn camp then complain about spawn shield. On some maps with mortar and arty fire landing in spawn how would you propose to get out of spawn.

well said dude

I think this is all good. That prevent the flamer noobs from entering a spawn and wishing 10 players start to shoot to lose their spawn shield so he can hit as much as he can. In my opinion, what you described is good and should be like that on all servers. But heh, that's not my decision...

• Administrators

Spawn shield on both Jaymod server is 4 sec and on all Etpub is 3 sec. Why more on Jaymod?

4 sec gives enough time for players to go out, rather then being killed by spawn mortar campers and flamers.

Im not saying more, im saying when the protectee starts firing and we fire back we cant deal any damage, i think is should be if they fire they should lose there protection

Im not saying more, im saying when the protectee starts firing and we fire back we cant deal any damage, i think is should be if they fire they should lose there protection

Then be smart and don't be there when they have the spawn shield still on.

Like on Venice, hide in the hallways, not the actual spawn. Jeez...

This is jaymod, not etpub :P